Anybody missing their BBM?
    No. Texting and IMing works just fine. And if you know other people with Android phones or Google accounts, Google Talk works just fine.
    05-25-10 09:24 PM
    i might become a full android user
    but the keyboard on the blackberry will make me come back
    but it depends ALOT
    05-26-10 10:44 AM
    I am thinking of getting the HTC Evo, but the fact that I have to pay a $10 premium for 4G service which is not available in NYC yet, is making me hesitant. According to the guy at Best Buy, 4G service is launching on the same day the phone will be available(June 4). After my experience with them buying my Boost BB, I don't trust anything they say. Does anyone have any concrete information about 4G?
    05-26-10 04:29 PM
    I would think so but not anytime soon, at least not until the N1 and Droid get it.
    Actually... it will be much later than that. Seems to take HTC about 6 months to roll out upgrades - they have to rebuild Sense UI for each new Android release... expect Froyo no earlier than November...
    05-26-10 04:54 PM
    Going to give Droid a try...Moto Droid on the way. Have a couple weeks until we see the Bold so time to test drive Droid.
    Maybe it works for me and maybe not.
    05-26-10 05:12 PM
    I'm planning on getting a Droid Evo when it comes out. I have 30 days to try out
    Sprint's service. If I end up keeping it, that means I'm done with AT&T and will
    pretty much be a Droid keeper full time.
    05-26-10 05:43 PM
    I'm planning on getting a Droid Evo when it comes out. I have 30 days to try out
    Sprint's service. If I end up keeping it, that means I'm done with AT&T and will
    pretty much be a Droid keeper full time.
    Good luck man. If it wasn't for Sprints service being so ****ty where I live, I would have the Evo as well.
    05-26-10 06:14 PM
    My sister just got the Magic. I personally love it. I told her I'd buy it from her if she didn't like it :P

If she likes it I might be in the market for a Magic/Hero...
    05-26-10 06:24 PM
    My sister just got the Magic. I personally love it. I told her I'd buy it from her if she didn't like it :P

If she likes it I might be in the market for a Magic/Hero...
    Why not get something that isn't almost 2 years old? You will like it a lot more.
    05-26-10 06:48 PM
    I'm still up in there air about this. i really like android but at the same time i can get the BB 9650. Email is not that all important to me i don't care how fast i get it as long as i get it. SMS is whats important to me, and i like to browse the web a little too. So android would be perfect right well here is the problem, i want a physical keyboard and i wont leave Sprint. which leaves me with 1 android phone the Samsung moment. my dilemma is my contract is up in a month should i get the moment or does anyone think that the new moment 2 or something similar will be at least announced in the near future, or just get the BB 9650. I'm dieing here i need some leaked info already.
    05-26-10 08:52 PM
    I ditched my 8900 and got an incredible. I miss the keyboard but that's about it. ;-)

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    05-26-10 11:25 PM
    Samsung... Galaxy... S.

That phone shall be mine. EVO eat your heart out.
    05-27-10 12:43 AM
    i don't agree that Android phones are "toys." i'm not ready to leave BlackBerry and i'm satisfied with my Tour, but i envy the browser the Incredible had. i'd like to be able to use my phone to browse airlines, rental cars, hotels using orbitz, travelocity, expedia etc. The BlackBerry just can't handle those. i use the browser (Bolt) a lot and it's pretty terrible. If the Incredible was global i may have switched already. Now i'm waiting for slider or s3 and webkit.

i don't use my BlackBerry for business though. i just use it in place of a PC. For travel, entertainment, calendar, lists, word and pdfs, camera. Communication #1.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    I hear so many people claim that bb's are true business phones and everything else are just toys. My brother runs his bike shop using a Droid as his only phone for business and everything else. He was a long time bb user before (8830 -> Tour). When he made the switch his only complaint was the physical keyboard. He's now use to the touchscreen and barely uses the physical kb now. But besides that he thinks that the Droid handles everything as well if not better than his bb. Contacts, email (gmail), calendar, syning, docs, etc. Combining the speed of the Droid and with all the other uses that are on par with bb, he says he has no reason to go back. And this is from a guy who was a crackberrian and refused to use Android because bb's "got the job done." His wife bought him the Droid and the rest is history.

I on the other hand have had to deal with the Storm 1 since launch. That's pretty self explanatory as to why I'm waiting for the Shadow.
    Last edited by 4JackNapier; 05-27-10 at 02:59 AM.
    05-27-10 02:55 AM
    Made the move to my Nexus One such a better device then the Blackberry will ever be (from a consumer standpoint).
    05-27-10 01:38 PM
    I think the main target of Android right now is not BB. But Iphone.
    Now Android trying their best to make superior over the Iphone.
    and will make not much reason for people to buy iphone over android.

after that Android will targetting the BB.
    They will need to support always connected services, and better push mail for all email.
    By this it will really challenge the BB. without that, many people still have good reason to use BB instead of Android.
    Hopefully the war will start soon
    05-27-10 02:08 PM
    A device is a toy if you use it as a toy. Period. People like to claim toy and "true business device" because a lot of BB owners think owning a BB makes you important. No, thinking that way makes you a tool. People still use flip phones as a business device. You can use whatever you want, as long as it gets the job done and you like it.

I doubt all the 11-17 year olds (and younger) out there are using their BB as a business device. It all depend on the USER. Yes, BBs may have great business capabilities, if you want to spend thousands of dollars on BES, but the rest of the platforms are getting it done now just for $30 a month. Exchange servers work just fine.
    05-27-10 02:56 PM
66 123
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD