That is awsome. I was looking for some info and you answered my call. I am wondering if any of the big three in canada are getting the moto droid or do I have to buy it in the states and crack it, any info is apreciated.

haven't read anything about canda getting the droid.. only new android phone releasing on nov. 5th is Telus's Hero.
    10-31-09 10:06 AM
    It sucks that us employees have to order it and have it shipped. If not, i'd be in line with the rest of you guys picking mine up in the store. And it sucks because it comes out on a Friday. Even if I over night it, still won't get to me until MONDAY.
    10-31-09 10:55 PM
    I want to love the droid but I cannot trust any penguins fan! *barf*
    11-01-09 12:04 AM
    Why is it that the reviewers for this phone are morons? Every single one decides to video tape isht before they're proficient with them or for that fact know WTF they're talking about.

At the end of the video the guy's like "Hey, look how fact the accelerometer is... it's amazing it switches back and forth really fast." WTF? The guy was opening and closing the slider keyboard and calling it the accelerometer. OMFG!!!

Seriously... stop filming your dumness. (is that even a word? lol)

Sorry if the person that posted the video here is the person who made the video, but seriously... know your stuff man.
    It's dumness as is dum$h!ttedness is a word also.
    Forest Guuuump "Stupid is as stupid does"
    11-01-09 12:45 AM
    I got to play with Moto Droid this morning at a VZW store. Didn't get to play as long as I wanted to because I was limited on time...got about 10 minutes. My main purpose in playing with it was to see if I liked the typing experience on it since my primary use of my BB is for messaging.

I would like a bigger screen than on my Curve (for better browsing and picture/video viewing), so I'm contemplating a Storm 2 and the Moto Droid. But since I have never used a touchscreen, not sure I could abandon the physical keyboard.

With that as a background, here are my thoughts on the typing experience with the Moto Droid:

- I like the tactile sensation of the physical keyboard, but the layout isn't great.

The keys have a rubber'ish cover to them which creates a nice feel. Pressing the keys requires little effort and the rebound of your press is good, which makes for a pleasurable experience.

But I had a tough time getting comfortable with the layout because of the offset of the D-pad on the right. Consequently, I felt like my right thumb was struggling to keep up with the left. I found the D-pad the be helpful and useful, but just in a tough spot.

The lack of offset of the keys was also a little distracting. And the arrow key to start a new paragraph is where the delete key is on my BB keyboard, so every time I went to delete a letter, I started a new paragraph...then had to go back and revise.

Consequently, I thought the landscape virtual keyboard would probably be the way to go if I got the phone. But I made mistakes there too.

Overall, I'm still confused as to whether a touchscreen is for me. But the call of a bigger screen lingers on in the back of my head.

(p.s. - the screen was very nice and responsive. I just wish I had more time to play with it so I could have sampled the surfing and video viewing)
    11-01-09 11:19 AM
    Its just gonna take some getting used to
    11-01-09 11:22 AM
    It sucks that us employees have to order it and have it shipped. If not, i'd be in line with the rest of you guys picking mine up in the store. And it sucks because it comes out on a Friday. Even if I over night it, still won't get to me until MONDAY.
    Damn...that sucks. You would think working for them work give this perk.
    11-01-09 11:30 AM
    It's dumness as is dum$h!ttedness is a word also.
    Forest Guuuump "Stupid is as stupid does"

I was embarassed for some of these reviewers.
    11-01-09 11:31 AM
    For any of you that have used the Droid or perhaps any of you that have used a phone running Android...

I was a bit surprised when i got my first BB (8130) and realized the browser sucked. I was even more taken aback when i realized BB did not support html emails. OK they kinda do now, but it still blows.

Does the Droid/Android OS support FULL HTML email? The browser comparisons shown above speak for themselves. One would assume that the email rendering would be as good. We all know what happens when we assumes though!

My contract is up and the grass is looking greener on the Droid side of the fence right now.
    11-01-09 11:36 AM
    For any of you that have used the Droid or perhaps any of you that have used a phone running Android...

I was a bit surprised when i got my first BB (8130) and realized the browser sucked. I was even more taken aback when i realized BB did not support html emails. OK they kinda do now, but it still blows.

Does the Droid/Android OS support FULL HTML email? The browser comparisons shown above speak for themselves. One would assume that the email rendering would be as good. We all know what happens when we assumes though!

My contract is up and the grass is looking greener on the Droid side of the fence right now.
    Yes, if my memory is correct. It supports it. You can also scroll thru these threads to get furthur detailed specs
    11-01-09 11:49 AM
    what I am wondering and havent seen in any of the videos is whether the phone can be used in landscape mode without having the keyboard slider out. also, whether there is a virtual landscape keyboard. Lastly, is there an accelrometer on it? seems like it will only be in landscape mode with keyboard out. Also dissapointing is is that the screen isnt multitouch. But still looks like a great phone. May wait to see what other droid phones VZW will come out with before i get one.
    11-01-09 12:27 PM
    Yeah, virtual kb in landscape with slider closed

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    11-01-09 12:29 PM
    check out the review shared by Matrix4000, gives some good & balanced information the phone
    11-01-09 12:55 PM
    do want. this thread makes me more anxious
    11-01-09 02:53 PM
    what I am wondering and havent seen in any of the videos is whether the phone can be used in landscape mode without having the keyboard slider out. also, whether there is a virtual landscape keyboard. Lastly, is there an accelrometer on it? seems like it will only be in landscape mode with keyboard out. Also dissapointing is is that the screen isnt multitouch. But still looks like a great phone. May wait to see what other droid phones VZW will come out with before i get one.

I can confirm (as do many videos) that landscape mode can be used with or without virtual keyboard. Basically you have the choice of 3 keyboard: 1) virtual portrait, 2) virtual landscape, 3) slide out landscape.

Of course there is an accelerometer in the phone, I don't know of any other technology that allows the screen orientation to change between landscape and portrait. (If there is, please enlighten me)

The screen is multi touch, just not in every application. That said, there are rumors that pinch zoom is being developed for the Moto Droid right now and will be available for update in the next month or two. Realistically though, the browser is so big and vibrant in landscape mode, the "double tap" zoom is more than enough.
    11-02-09 09:55 AM
    I had it over 3 weeks. Sent it back. Have Storm 2 now and completely satisfied.
    04-29-10 08:41 AM
    HOLY 6 MONTH BUMP!

Wait till you try to make a phone call and your phone key gets stuck. That's what happened to both of my S2s. What a piece of trash that phone was. Not to mention the browser being completely worthless.
    04-29-10 01:24 PM
42 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD