I don't see MUCH of the lag that Aaron is talking about, but I'm disappointed in the browser speed and speaker volume. I love the look/features of Sense 3.0, though, and the display looks great. Aaron says it's slower than the G2x and SGS2, though.

Part 1: HTC Sensation 4G Video Review Part 1 | PhoneDog

Part 2: HTC Sensation 4G Video Review Part 2 | PhoneDog
    ThaGeNeCySt likes this.
    06-07-11 09:08 PM
    I think we have gotten spoiled to the point of if there's a hint of lag we tend to look upon that as a bad thing.

I'm sure the Sensation is an excellent device and if I were on T Mobile I would definitely be looking to get it. I'm very impressed with the Sensation.

BTW Speaker volume on HTC devices tend to be low so thats of no surprise.
    06-07-11 09:24 PM
    Sense and Vanilla are the least laggy UIs. Go watch reviews on the S2 and many of them will show/tell you how Touchwiz 4 lags even with the dual core processors.

And from other videos I've watched, the Sensation is just as fast as the G2X, both being a quarter of a hair behind the S2 in terms of speed. But still, Vanilla and Sense both blow Touchwiz away.
    K Bear likes this.
    06-07-11 09:27 PM
    I think the reviewer needs some tips from the guys @ AC. Clearly this guy has only a hint of a clue what he's talking about.
    06-08-11 07:46 PM
    I personally like it when reviewers throw in the cons along with the pros. I don't like when reviews are all daisies and unicorn farts and then I get a big surprise when I actually get the phone, like my experience with the G2x. In the wild videos are also helpful, like this one: YouTube - Broadcast Yourself.

Do I think all units will have this problem? No. Am I still excited for the Sensation? Very. But when I'm plunking down $550 for a phone I want to know exactly what I'm getting into, the good and the bad. And fwiw, Phil said he was having difficulty getting the homescreens to spin in the carousel effect each time he tried in his review. Wouldn't that be a sign of lag, as well?
    Last edited by pantlesspenguin; 06-09-11 at 05:32 AM.
    06-09-11 05:27 AM
    Does anyone know I'd sensation has a notification light of some sort?

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    06-09-11 08:40 AM
    Does anyone know I'd sensation has a notification light of some sort?

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    According to this site, yes it does. Looks like it's located within the speaker grill.

HTC Sensation - Status and notifications

Edit: In this video, around the 3:55 mark, you can see the LED.

(both links courtesy of Android Central)
    Last edited by pantlesspenguin; 06-09-11 at 09:57 AM.
    big_time2 likes this.
    06-09-11 09:47 AM
    According to this site, yes it does. Looks like it's located within the speaker grill.

HTC Sensation - Status and notifications

Edit: In this video, around the 3:55 mark, you can see the LED.

(both links courtesy of Android Central)
    Thank you for posting this.

This is my next device until RIM releases their next phone.
    06-09-11 07:26 PM
    Thank you for posting this.

This is my next device until RIM releases their next phone.
    Glad I could help. I currently use an HTC device and the LED notification light serves its purpose, but it's no blackberry beacon of an LED . I'm excited to give the Sensation a whirl though.
    06-09-11 08:14 PM
    I'm using mine now and I like it better than the G2X. The reason they would say it's slower is because of Sense. It's not laggy or choppy or anything like that but Sense animations make it appear to be slower. Easy fix: ADW or LauncherPro and you are rid of that. But right now, I'm really liking it. Well see over the next few days.
    06-09-11 09:43 PM
    Once XDA confirms perm root with S-Off, I'll be selling my G2 and getting this. I think I've outlived my "need" for a keyboard (love Swype and the gingerbread keyboard).

I just won't bite yet because I'm too used to AOSP roms and need CM in my life.
    06-10-11 09:49 AM
    Once XDA confirms perm root with S-Off, I'll be selling my G2 and getting this. I think I've outlived my "need" for a keyboard (love Swype and the gingerbread keyboard).

I just won't bite yet because I'm too used to AOSP roms and need CM in my life.
    Yeah hopefully HTC sends an OTA update that will unlock the bootloader so root can be easy. I don't care much about the custom ROMs but I do like to root just to have a couple apps that need rooting. So hopefully something happens soon.
    06-10-11 10:31 AM
    They should, given their new stance on Locked bootloaders. But we'll see. I definitely need the custom ROMS though. The things the CM team have done with vanilla are GREAT for me. I haven't touched any other ROMs since about... December 2010 lol
    06-10-11 10:49 AM
    Skins are a pretty important consideration for me, since I'm afraid to try flashing ROMs lol. I'm just not THAT tech savvy. Out of the devices I've tried, one with TouchWiz, one with MySense, & one vanilla device, I definitely like the MySense the best. Obviously I'm looking forward to what Sense 3.0 has to offer. I love the widgets & features right out of the box. I have tried other launchers, but in my experience they've been more cumbersome to use & I don't keep them on my phones for very long.
    06-10-11 11:24 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD