Someone could have already asked this. Sorry if it's a repeat.

Since the Titan will be running Android, is it possible that BlackBerry might load Android on the unsold Passports and sell them?
    BB10 boatloader is locked even if there was compatible Android firmware - which there isn't.
    09-05-19 09:51 AM
    What does the titan running android have in connection with BlackBerry and loading android on passports. Besides the fact there is no unsold inventory
    Past discussion indicated that Android couldn't run on a square screen. Lots of people had wanted an Android version of the Passport.
    I don't know with certainty that there are any unsold phones.
    09-05-19 09:59 AM
    Past discussion indicated that Android couldn't run on a square screen. Lots of people had wanted an Android version of the Passport.
    I don't know with certainty that there are any unsold phones.
    Ah i got you. The new android standards have changed since many years ago so its more likely to be certified in the newest OS. Still not going to happen for the passport though.
    09-05-19 10:15 AM
    Drat.
    09-05-19 03:56 PM
    I am really excited about this phone. Maybe my hopes are too high, but I will be anxiously awaiting December!
    09-09-19 08:40 PM
    I am really excited about this phone. Maybe my hopes are too high, but I will be anxiously awaiting December!
    Odds are that it will be bloated with spyware.
    09-10-19 03:52 PM
    Odds are that it will be bloated with spyware.
    Based on...? Iirc, it was stated that it has a pretty minimalist version of Android.

Posted via CB10
    09-10-19 05:03 PM
    Based on...?
    The previous Unihertz device.
    09-10-19 05:10 PM
    The previous Unihertz device.
    Proof by example. A logical fallacy.

Posted via CB10
    09-10-19 07:29 PM
    Proof by example. A logical fallacy.

Posted via CB10
    Doesn’t the bloatware allow especially the small OEM the opportunity for revenue subsidies? That’s why I thought all the OEMs load the bloatware to begin with.

** not to be confused with carrier bloatware
    09-10-19 07:53 PM
    Just remove the bloat and spyware https://www.xda-developers.com/unins...t-root-access/ and all will be fine. Ah well, that is what I hope for.

And for a Classic or 9810 form factor as next release of course.
    09-11-19 03:50 PM
    Just remove the bloat and spyware https://www.xda-developers.com/unins...t-root-access/ and all will be fine. Ah well, that is what I hope for.

And for a Classic or 9810 form factor as next release of course.
    The spyware that Unihertz employs is part of the software update process. If it's disabled, no more updates.
    09-11-19 04:28 PM
    Thanks for the headsup Conite. Some more work before and after the update required.
    09-12-19 05:34 AM
    The spyware that Unihertz employs is part of the software update process. If it's disabled, no more updates.
    On equal footing with the KEY2, then.
    09-13-19 05:27 AM
    On equal footing with the KEY2, then.
    It would appear. Lol.
    09-13-19 06:21 AM
    Just got an email to a survey from Unihertz / Titan to fill in my shipping address and confirm my order. There is a $19 uCable add-on you can order.
    gouger05 likes this.
    09-20-19 11:39 AM
    Same for me...we should get it end of december yeeeeeeee
    09-20-19 11:52 AM
    Really shocked how few have signed up for this.

I know there are some "negatives" with the software and the company releasing it. But it is a PKB and it is WIDE.

I wonder if they don't break 10K if they'll bother with other PKB formats?

Hopefully there are a lot of folks on the fence waiting for others to try it.
    09-20-19 11:57 AM

I know there are some "negatives" with the software and the company releasing it. But it is a PKB and it is WIDE.

I think there are. This has chances to be the last PKB phone available in the market, and a lot of people who do not like to risk may jump in once other will test it
    It is really more than the phone itself: this is about having a pkb device in the market or not!! I think it is a battle worth being fought! Even if it will not support Lithuanian
    09-20-19 12:08 PM

Yes. I think there is a chunk of people waiting to see video reviews and comparsisons + all those worried about the little risk there is with a kickstarter project...
    If the device is well built we should see more buyers for sure
    09-20-19 05:12 PM
    Or, there are those of us who prefer a Bold or a Q10, still. I am one of the minority who only needs a PDA phone. For that purpose, the best marriage of form and function for me remains my 9900.
    09-22-19 10:21 AM
    Or, there are those of us who prefer a Bold or a Q10, still. I am one of the minority who only needs a PDA phone. For that purpose, the best marriage of form and function for me remains my 9900.
    What happens when BIS shuts down or are you already using without?
    09-22-19 12:03 PM
    What happens when BIS shuts down or are you already using without?
    09-22-19 12:03 PM
    ATT will continue BIS for now. Even without BIS, the 9900 works just fine as a phone and PDA. There are workarounds for email. I don’t use my phone for browsing, but I could use Opera and import updated certificates if I wanted to.
    09-22-19 03:01 PM
    ATT will continue BIS for now. Even without BIS, the 9900 works just fine as a phone and PDA. There are workarounds for email. I don’t use my phone for browsing, but I could use Opera and import updated certificates if I wanted to.
    And we are all very happy that you are ok with it, but do we agree that yours is a non standard use case for a phone in 2019? it is great that you do not need more, like apps and other bs, but unfortunatelly the majority does
    09-22-19 03:29 PM
850 ... 3031323334