Unihertz has a history of releasing devices in the past. I don't think the Titan would be a vapor.

I might be interested in buying but not at the initial launch. I need to see the reviews of production units first.
    Unihertz is actual company that’s released crowdsourced hardware. I’m specifically referring to problems with Titan project. The campaign only attracted 3K subscriptions. If this number isn’t enough to hit minimum threshold, company may cut it’s losses.

It may not be vapor but it could not produce anything beyond handful of prototypes. It knows what’s really happening but can’t say.

The whole PKB itself does increase both supply risk and demand risk
    11-26-19 07:01 AM
    Unihertz is actual company that’s released crowdsourced hardware. I’m specifically referring to problems with Titan project. The campaign only attracted 3K subscriptions. If this number isn’t enough to hit minimum threshold, company may cut it’s losses.

It may not be vapor but it could not produce anything beyond handful of prototypes. It knows what’s really happening but can’t say.

The whole PKB itself does increase both supply risk and demand risk
    Well the money is over their stated goal (as if $100K would have really moved this forward). The viability is tough to understand at this tiny scale.

Clearly the number of pledges has got to be a disappointment.... got lot's of attention right at the beginning, but other wise sales haven't really changed much in the last four months. At one time I figured they'd at least hit 10K pledges and probable make as many extra devices, but at this point I'm not sure how many extras I'd count on them making.

Even if it GREAT there might not be many more buyers, if it's a $200 phone... well then it's a $200 phone.
    11-26-19 07:57 AM
    Aside from the original 3K backers, there may be a bit more demand once reviews hit YouTube.

I'm sure UnboxTherapy's video from a few months back has spiked up some interest in this thing.

However, that form factor is very untraditional, not just because of the PKB, but because of the device size, form, and weight.
    11-26-19 08:37 AM
    Alright fellow Titans. It's December 6 and it's time to start taking bets on whether we will see our 10 lbs, malware infested, paperweight smash a hole through our mailboxes.

I'll set the over/under at 2019-12-31.5

I'm taking the over! Waaaaaaay over!
    the_boon, brookie229 and Mecca EL like this.
    12-05-19 10:26 PM
    Shippment of the phone will start next week and the user manual is released:

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1tm-...usp=drive_open
    Mecca EL and the_boon like this.
    12-12-19 02:06 AM
    Yup, update #16 is here and Titans will start shipping next week!
    @danfrancisco there is a glimmer of hope that you'll have one by the holiday lol
    12-12-19 06:21 AM
    Oh yeah ! Right in time !
    12-12-19 06:23 AM
    I'm still taking the over. The update said that the devices are going to be shipped to local warehouses first for regional dispatching and that there will be no tracking for this first leg of the journey. Translation: the North American units are going to be sitting on a slow boat coming from China for the next 6-8 weeks!
    howarmat likes this.
    12-12-19 06:55 AM
    I'm still taking the over. The update said that the devices are going to be shipped to local warehouses first for regional dispatching and that there will be no tracking for this first leg of the journey. Translation: the North American units are going to be sitting on a slow boat coming from China for the next 6-8 weeks!
    Yep i am assuming its not being flown over to the wherehouse and then UPS or Fedex from there.
    12-12-19 09:05 AM
    Translation: the North American units are going to be sitting on a slow boat coming from China for the next 6-8 weeks!
    How slow will the boat go when it's loaded with a couple thousand Titans at 303g each
    moosbb likes this.
    12-12-19 10:19 AM
    Yep i am assuming its not being flown over to the wherehouse and then UPS or Fedex from there.
    I highly doubt that they would ship via container. Think about it, less than 2000 lbs altogether can probably be shipped via air for about $2 a phone to their warehouse.
    moosbb likes this.
    12-12-19 02:39 PM
    I highly doubt that they would ship via container. Think about it, less than 2000 lbs altogether can probably be shipped via air for about $2 a phone to their warehouse.
    Exactly - this shipment by boat idea is laughable imo.
    12-12-19 04:39 PM
    Just wanted to check if we can still place the order in their site?
    12-12-19 04:58 PM
    Just wanted to check if we can still place the order in their site?
    You have missed the boat for now. They might allow more orders later i suppose
    12-12-19 05:03 PM
    Okay, thanks for the update!
    12-12-19 05:05 PM
    Missed the boat.... I see what you did there
    12-12-19 06:39 PM
    Exactly what I think too.
    12-13-19 04:07 AM
    How slow will the boat go when it's loaded with a couple thousand Titans at 303g each
    Damn you looool
    12-13-19 04:07 AM
    People in Japan are receiving their titans now. Check Twitter.
    Mecca EL likes this.
    12-28-19 11:01 PM
    I got an update this morning that said some folks will get their phones this month (only two days left). The rest should have them in the next two weeks.
    12-30-19 10:04 AM
    I got an update this morning that said some folks will get their phones this month (only two days left). The rest should have them in the next two weeks.
    Yeah Social Media has a number of folks in Europe, GB, Japan and US with devices showing up. Expect we will be getting some unboxing and 1st impression reviews really soon.

Bla1ze might have missed his last chance to do a review for CrackBerry....
    12-30-19 03:42 PM
    DHL texted me that I should expect my Titan on Jan 2nd! I am in Canada.
    Last edited by conbrio29; 12-30-19 at 11:04 PM. Reason: Adding information
    12-30-19 11:03 PM
    I got my tracking number, DHL have handed it over to USPS for domestic delivery, I expect I'll see it early next week.
    01-03-20 03:00 PM
    So...? No-one tested it yet? If software\OS on this titan will work smooth as bb os on passport, I'll surely buy one once they produce second batch.

nvm, Im blind
    Last edited by johndows777; 02-25-20 at 10:20 PM.
    02-25-20 09:39 PM
    It would have offered the most obvious thing: a Key-style vertical PKB. And I think there would have been a lot more uptake then, as tons of people were used to that form factor.

The security thing wouldn't have mattered as much as you imagine - BB could have simply said that security was being worked on, in partnership with Google - and that big improvements would be seen over the next couple of years. Enterprises could have mostly stuck with BBOS for a couple more years (which they largely did anyway) while consumer BB fans would have had an Android option - and most importantly, it wouldn't have completely destroyed the BB brand name in western markets.

The whole concept of the Storm was flawed - trying to make a glass screen with a physical response isn't something that anyone asked for. That was all Mike being sure he knew best and being out of touch. But a Key-style phone would have been in BB's wheelhouse and they could have done quite well I believe. But even if they didn't, they'd have been in such better shape financially - as well as brand-image-wise, that it would be an entirely different situation than today.
    today I thought maybe its that same button on screen that might have inspired the Passport's Keyboard
    05-22-22 03:52 PM
850 ... 323334