That's what I said just 2 posts ago. I'm in the minority.
    But I wonder if there is a way to successfully market a "disconnect" pkb phone, such as the likes of the Verizon Palm 2018 or the Lightphone, but with a pkb, of course. There is increasing recognition that we in society are becoming addicted to our smartphones.
    09-22-19 04:40 PM
    That's what I said just 2 posts ago. I'm in the minority.
    But I wonder if there is a way to successfully market a "disconnect" pkb phone, such as the likes of the Verizon Palm 2018 or the Lightphone, but with a pkb, of course. There is increasing recognition that we in society are becoming addicted to our smartphones.
    Just don’t login to apps or don’t even download them. Addicted versus addiction is very different. There’s no real market for what you describe as there’s no real way for the commercial viability of the niche.
    09-22-19 05:44 PM
    ATT will continue BIS for now. Even without BIS, the 9900 works just fine as a phone and PDA. There are workarounds for email. I don’t use my phone for browsing, but I could use Opera and import updated certificates if I wanted to.
    Others here @Shuswap have written extensively about using BBOS hardware without BIS if that’s what you so desire. I’m not sure how long either AT&T or BB is going to support BIS after 12/31/2019 and it requires both of them supporting.

BB10 might last a bit longer but we don’t really know since officially BB still lists 12/31/2019 for EOL for both systems. There’s been all kinds of debatable optimism here but .......

The PlayBook system has been down after factory reset for a month. There’s been one single reply from a BB associate 2-3 weeks ago. Check out KaiOS with flip phones.
    09-22-19 05:52 PM
    just got a kickstarter update today. The project is ahead of schedule and they expect to start shipping soon.
    10-08-19 07:26 AM
    just got a kickstarter update today. The project is ahead of schedule and they expect to start shipping soon.
    Got the same update. Sounds good!!!
    10-08-19 08:43 AM
    Yup, same. Hopefully the weight of this phone won't be too heavy for the USPS truck to handle.
    10-08-19 10:44 AM
    Early Xmass this year
    10-10-19 03:31 AM
    I am hopeful, but not optimistic about getting the phone much ahead of schedule. I hope I am wrong as I am very eager to get my hands on this thing!
    10-10-19 02:57 PM
    Early Xmass this year
    Is there actual confirmed date or is this just speculation?
    10-10-19 06:40 PM
    Is there actual confirmed date or is this just speculation?
    There is an official statement in the project updates that they are ahead of schedule and will start shipping as soon as production completes. It makes hope for the best, whatever that really means...
    I am actually fine if it really comes at the end of december
    10-10-19 11:34 PM
    and suddenly on the facebook page this appeared... documentations and photos from production...a lot of photos... enjoy guys

https://fccid.io/2AK6CTITAN
    shadowcalling and gouger05 like this.
    10-12-19 10:24 AM
    There is an official statement in the project updates that they are ahead of schedule and will start shipping as soon as production completes. It makes hope for the best, whatever that really means...
    I am actually fine if it really comes at the end of december
    It should came before...we can now hope for a November release
    10-12-19 11:06 AM
    It should came before...we can now hope for a November release
    So what date was the phone supposed to be out before and what date is the phone supposed to be out now?

I’m asking specifically month/year and whether it’s now behind schedule or ahead schedule.

Have you received email for actual release date?
    10-12-19 12:28 PM
    So what date was the phone supposed to be out before and what date is the phone supposed to be out now?

I’m asking specifically month/year and whether it’s now behind schedule or ahead schedule.

Nope... All the info available is that might be ahead of schedule and they will ship as soon as production is finished.
    I guess they will communicate when they will start shipping
    10-13-19 03:00 AM

It was first announced as Jan of 2020, but soon after moved up to Dec of 19. Now they are saying that they are ahead of schedule and they will start shipping as soon as the first round of production is finished(in production presently). They did not say what that date is
    10-13-19 03:03 PM
    It was first announced as Jan of 2020, but soon after moved up to Dec of 19. Now they are saying that they are ahead of schedule and they will start shipping as soon as the first round of production is finished(in production presently). They did not say what that date is
    Thank you. I like to participate in discussions and information on this device is hard to find since it’s crowdsourced. I don’t want to express any opinions that wouldn’t be somewhat factually based or spread false rumors. We already get enough of that.
    10-13-19 04:15 PM
    Thank you. I like to participate in discussions and information on this device is hard to find since it’s crowdsourced. I don’t want to express any opinions that wouldn’t be somewhat factually based or spread false rumors. We already get enough of that.
    Be sure that as soon as I get it I will share my review on this post and I will be brutally honest
    10-13-19 04:20 PM

Working through the mailbox I noticed a backer email of Titan of a week ago. It lists the backers who need to update their address and/or need to fill out the survey.

The list suggests the amount of backers to be below 3900 people!?!
    Last edited by johnsliderbb; 11-01-19 at 07:02 AM.
    10-31-19 05:29 PM
    update number 14 from unihertz team: next week production will start for the first wave of backers from kickstarter (includes myself). The delivery is still exstimated in december...
    11-08-19 11:16 AM
    Latest update! (update #15)

Dear Backers,

Here is the latest update of production of Titan:

1. Titan had been in production for a while, not finished yet.

2. There will be a strict quality check after all the production to make sure each Titan is flawless.

3. Then we will start packaging and prepare for the delivery.

So please just be little patience. We are trying our best to fulfill the shipment in December.

Here are some pictures we’d like to share with you:

As a QWERTY device, there will be some differences with normal smartphones. To help you better understand how to use it, we are making the user manual now. Will share it with you once we finished it.

As we promised, we will share some instruction videos on tips for keyboard usage in the Facebook group.Passport-like phone with Android - but not from BlackBerry - The Unihertz Titan.-screenshot_20191125-213412.jpeg
    11-25-19 08:42 PM
    This update had me feeling that there's a strong chance I won't be holding this device by Christmas.
    11-25-19 09:08 PM
    yeah i cant believe they put out an update previously that said they would be ahead of schedule. Anyway we will see what happens
    11-25-19 09:19 PM
    This update had me feeling that there's a strong chance I won't be holding this device by Christmas.
    That update has me think device could be almost vapor. Only because of low quantity commitments
    11-25-19 10:14 PM
    due to the nature of the project, might be possible to have some delays I think...hopefully it is not vapor...
    11-26-19 01:31 AM
    Unihertz has a history of releasing devices in the past. I don't think the Titan would be a vapor.

I might be interested in buying but not at the initial launch. I need to see the reviews of production units first.
    11-26-19 06:10 AM
850 ... 31323334