Other than article on main page that's been done, what else can be said? As Bla1ze stated previously to others, write an interesting article then submit..
    08-23-19 09:32 PM
    Passport-like phone with Android - but not from BlackBerry - The Unihertz Titan.-titan.png

Looks like they are updating the keyboard. I'm very happy about this as I was not over-the-moon about punctuation being on screen only.
    08-26-19 06:50 AM
    Looking forward to this. Definitely will be the direct replacement to this disabled passport.

Submitted via blackberry passport forever on Wi-Fi
    shadowcalling likes this.
    08-26-19 07:32 AM
    That's mean passport will support android.

Posted via CB10
    well, this is not actually a BB Passport.
    08-27-19 02:57 PM
    So... the Titan kickstarter campaign is over. It finished today.
    The last but one project update says that they will implement the alt key in order to input number and special character directly from the keyboard, alongside still having the possibility of entering them from the screen.
    I guess now we have to wait and we will see wether this phone will become reality.
    If for some reason should not, it certainly will not be due to lack of money.

I am actually very curious to see the final product
    I hope it might some extended interest apart from the 3000 backers
    08-29-19 03:27 PM
    So... the Titan kickstarter campaign is over. It finished today.
    The last but one project update says that they will implement the alt key in order to input number and special character directly from the keyboard, alongside still having the possibility of entering them from the screen.
    I guess now we have to wait and we will see wether this phone will become reality.
    If for some reason should not, it certainly will not be due to lack of money.

I am actually very curious to see the final product
    I hope it might some extended interest apart from the 3000 backers
    Is 3,000 units enough money? At $300 ASP, that’s not even $1 million USD and I’m not sure even that’s accurate....
    08-29-19 08:12 PM
    Is 3,000 units enough money? At $300 ASP, that’s not even $1 million USD and I’m not sure even that’s accurate....
    Their original target was 100K.
    They have almost a million...
    Looks like it is enough...
    08-29-19 09:14 PM
    Their original target was 100K.
    They have almost a million...
    Looks like it is enough...
    I think you’re missing the point of my comment. I’d question the 100K target. Do you mean they collected $30K-$45K USD but their goal was $100K USD seed money?

If original target was $100K total, you’re saying their goal was to sell 300 devices and collect $3K-$4.5K USD in seed money. That’s even worse...
    08-29-19 09:29 PM
    I think you’re missing the point of my comment. I’d question the 100K target. Do you mean they collected $30K-$45K USD but their goal was $100K USD seed money?

If original target was $100K total, you’re saying their goal was to sell 300 devices and collect $3K-$4.5K USD in seed money. That’s even worse...
    Well putting it in this way looks strange...but...what are you trying to say?
    08-29-19 09:33 PM
    Well putting it in this way looks strange...but...what are you trying to say?
    I don’t see even with the original numbers I posted how this would be worth the effort and resources for the hassle and low if any profits.
    08-29-19 09:35 PM
    As a BlackBerry Titan backer, I’ve gotta agree with Chuck. On the surface the numbers don’t make a lot of sense. But I also don’t have a single clue about electronics manufacturing and the business model required to turn a profit.

What I do know is that this hilariously, shameless and unapologetic over-the-top Frankenstein of a phone is filling a void that TCL has left in 2019. I don’t blame TCL either; you got make decisions that make sense for the health of your business and clearly, this licensing deal with BlackBerry is negative sum game.

So when a plucky little outfit out of China decides to throw a concept device out there with a $220 price tag as a bone, you better believe I’m gonna jump on it just for the ride alone.

Do I expect to see the Titan delivered to my door by Christmas per the campaign promise? Heck no! Do I think the Titan will be in my hands before a KEY3 ever will? Heck ya!
    08-29-19 10:27 PM
    I don’t see even with the original numbers I posted how this would be worth the effort and resources for the hassle and low if any profits.
    So why are they doing this? Ideas?
    08-29-19 10:35 PM
    For charity lol
    08-30-19 04:51 AM
    With crowdfunding, the participants are putting their money up at risk as I understand it. The risk for Unihertz is the profit component if proceeding forward without solid quantity above the breakeven point for their overhead and other fixed expenses.
    08-30-19 04:55 AM
    With crowdfunding, the participants are putting their money up at risk as I understand it. The risk for Unihertz is the profit component if proceeding forward without solid quantity above the breakeven point for their overhead and other fixed expenses.
    Sounds right Chuck. So, since unihertz has produced other 2 phones respectively couple of years ago and about a year ago if I am not mistaken, I have gathered data from the previous kickstarter campaigns to feed our retrospective and make some forecast for the Titan.

Titan: 3,085 backers pledged $776,947 of 100,000$. Target price to retail about 360$
    Specs: well known

Jelly: $1,251,380 pledged of $30,000 goal 10,964 backers, currently sold on amazon at about 170$
    Specs: Display. Screen size (inches) 2.45. Touchscreen. Yes. Hardware. Processor. 1.1GHz quad-core. RAM. 1GB. Camera. Rear camera. 8-megapixel. Front camera. 2-megapixel. Software. Operating system. Android 7.0. Sensors. Compass/ Magnetometer. Yes. Battery capacity (mAh): 950

Atom: $1,290,924 pledged of $50,000 goal 5,310 backers, currently sold on amazon at about 250$
    Specs: CPU: Mediatek Helio P23 MT6763. GPU: Mali-G71. RAM: 4GB. Storage: 64GB. Screen size: 2.45-inch. Resolution: 432 x 230. Weight: 107g. Dimensions: 97 x 45 x 19mm. Rear camera: 4.9MP. Front camera: 4.9MP

What do you think, analyzing this data, why are they doing this? Out of fun or it really pays off?
    08-30-19 06:25 AM
    Sounds right Chuck. So, since unihertz has produced other 2 phones respectively couple of years ago and about a year ago if I am not mistaken, I have gathered data from the previous kickstarter campaigns to feed our retrospective and make some forecast for the Titan.

Titan: 3,085 backers pledged $776,947 of 100,000$. Target price to retail about 360$
    Specs: well known

Jelly: $1,251,380 pledged of $30,000 goal 10,964 backers, currently sold on amazon at about 170$
    Specs: Display. Screen size (inches) 2.45. Touchscreen. Yes. Hardware. Processor. 1.1GHz quad-core. RAM. 1GB. Camera. Rear camera. 8-megapixel. Front camera. 2-megapixel. Software. Operating system. Android 7.0. Sensors. Compass/ Magnetometer. Yes. Battery capacity (mAh): 950

Atom: $1,290,924 pledged of $50,000 goal 5,310 backers, currently sold on amazon at about 250$
    Specs: CPU: Mediatek Helio P23 MT6763. GPU: Mali-G71. RAM: 4GB. Storage: 64GB. Screen size: 2.45-inch. Resolution: 432 x 230. Weight: 107g. Dimensions: 97 x 45 x 19mm. Rear camera: 4.9MP. Front camera: 4.9MP

What do you think, analyzing this data, why are they doing this? Out of fun or it really pays off?
    Nobody does for the fun of it. Since both devices are sold on Amazon, if Unihertz is the seller, it suggests that additional devices are produced and sold later for additional profits hopefully.

Titan only generates 1/2 of Atom interest and 1/4 of Jelly interest. The part that I’m not familiar with is the minimum production requirements for each device.

I suspect the VKB has more off the shelf components available with lower minimum production numbers required. The PKB has the higher component expenses but again I don’t know minimum production numbers required. Interesting that device sold through Amazon but again not enough details.
    08-30-19 06:55 AM
    Nobody does for the fun of it. Since both devices are sold on Amazon, if Unihertz is the seller, it suggests that additional devices are produced and sold later for additional profits hopefully.

Titan only generates 1/2 of Atom interest and 1/4 of Jelly interest. The part that I’m not familiar with is the minimum production requirements for each device.

I suspect the VKB has more off the shelf components available with lower minimum production numbers required. The PKB has the higher component expenses but again I don’t know minimum production numbers required. Interesting that device sold through Amazon but again not enough details.
    Which details would be needed? Maybe we can find somewhere
    08-30-19 08:43 AM
    Which details would be needed? Maybe we can find somewhere
    I doubt it as I would consider that Unihertz proprietary information so I doubt it’s published anywhere. Just wait and see what happens with the next Unihertz email.
    08-30-19 08:45 AM
    Titan only generates 1/2 of Atom interest and 1/4 of Jelly interest.
    The Jelly and Atom were marketed as "small", "minimalist", and for the latter, "rugged"; the Titan is the antithesis of small and adds the extra niche factor of the PKB.
    08-30-19 09:45 AM
    The Jelly and Atom were marketed as "small", "minimalist", and for the latter, "rugged"; the Titan is the antithesis of small and adds the extra niche factor of the PKB.
    So perfect for group that rides in the minivan together parked out back next to dumpster?
    08-30-19 09:58 AM
    So perfect for group that rides in the minivan together parked out back next to dumpster?
    The Titan takes up three seats on its own.
    08-30-19 11:23 AM
    Ехаctly! Jelly and Atom were phones ment in theory for a wider audience.
    But when in 2019 you decide to make a passport resembling phone with PKB and almost square screen, you are already positioning yourself in an extra small niche, in the best case.
    Therefore, from the beginning you know that the revenue this phone will bring will be very limited, potentially more limited than its predecessors, looking at kickstarter data, considering it a reliable mirror of the wider market.

So, if you know that your product will have very low volumes, which means that your margin will be low if you wanna sell it for a price which will convince people to buy.

Then, given the fact that people from unihertz have done this analysis, the question really is why are they doing it?
    And...for fun or to realize the dream of a product manager (would not be the first time in the history), might not be such an impossible or irrealistic answer...
    neoberry99 likes this.
    08-30-19 01:07 PM
    Someone could have already asked this. Sorry if it's a repeat.

Since the Titan will be running Android, is it possible that BlackBerry might load Android on the unsold Passports and sell them?
    09-05-19 08:45 AM

Since the Titan will be running Android, is it possible that BlackBerry might load Android on the unsold Passports and sell them?
    What unsold Passports are you referring to?
    09-05-19 08:59 AM

What does the titan running android have in connection with BlackBerry and loading android on passports. Besides the fact there is no unsold inventory
    09-05-19 09:26 AM
850 ... 2930313233 ...