Or BlackBerry sent a squad of lawyers to scare the bejeezus out'a Unihertz who saw themselves buried in legal fees and relays... such is BlackBerry very much like a violent tipped domestic squabble turned deadly; "if not mine, then nobody's..."
    As I said...hopefully the trackpad is not patented
    08-13-19 04:15 PM
    "if not mine, then nobody's..."
    Or, you can have it too - just pay me because it cost me umpteen millions to develop it.
    08-13-19 04:20 PM
    As I said...hopefully the trackpad is not patented
    That's the way it works. Clearly the keyboard is a blatant copy of the Passport. Same font, same distribution, same backspace symbol, with a minor "V" shape.
    It was obvious that it has no future.
    08-13-19 04:27 PM
    That's the way it works. Clearly the keyboard is a blatant copy of the Passport. Same font, same distribution, same backspace symbol, with a minor "V" shape.
    It was obvious that it has no future.
    Come to think of it, Unihertz is pretty lucky that BB only came after them for the capacitive keyboard.
    Maybe it wouldn't have worked smooth anyway...

No big deal honestly, especially since it'll have a trackpad where the fingerprint sensor is.

Otherwise, it would have been an overweight LE
    G_Unit MVP likes this.
    08-13-19 09:01 PM
    wonder how this will work with the fingerprint reader. They better have some great coders that can make this all work without hitches that make it unusuable
    Right now there are already apps in Playstore for this function. If you have a fingerprint sensor on your android device you can use it for scrolling... this is not ab big thing in android.
    shadowcalling likes this.
    08-14-19 02:54 AM
    What's next? BB ltd also has patents for black keys? Keys with any type of sculpting whatsoever? For any type of frets? Any curved or V shaped keyboard?
    They're a law firm with a few engineers hanging around, I wouldn't be surprised.
    eldricho likes this.
    08-14-19 04:29 AM
    In my understanding you cannot patent generic geometric shapes, generic colors, or anything already existing in nature.
    for example, the red color in general cannot be patented, but the specific red tone used to paint ferrari is patented.
    So in my understanding the v-shape cannot be patented even if applied to a keyboard. Maybe the overall design of the passport can be patented...not sure...
    How about the trackpad? was used from ton of devices not only blackberry and a trackpad with fingerprint reader did not exist back then, so most probably is not patented.
    Somebody please correct me if I am wrong
    08-14-19 04:35 AM
    This got me wondering... does BB have a patent on the 3-row keyboard + onscreen punctuation pop up UI? If so, I might be getting another Project Update email from Unihertz!!!
    Make it even closer to a Classic by adding the 4th row? Bring it on please.
    Last edited by johnsliderbb; 08-14-19 at 05:24 PM.
    08-14-19 05:11 PM
    Is anybody out there? This became like BBMe real quick....
    08-16-19 03:33 PM
    I am what do you mean?
    08-16-19 04:32 PM
    I am what do you mean?
    As in 29 pages of conversation and then , zero, nada, zip no comments for two days...
    08-16-19 04:35 PM
    As in 29 pages of conversation and then , zero, nada, zip no comments for two days...
    Yeah that is puzzling I agree...but those 29 pages are a real enciclopedy of gossip and speculation about this new device I think a lot has been said and I have to say are very amusing 29 pages
    I don't know why people stopped writing.
    But truth is that the specs are now available, the capacitive keyboard has been replaced with a trackpad... Maybe people lost interest...
    Did u pledge for the titan?
    08-16-19 05:00 PM
    Don't worry Chuck, we are still there. But we moved our discussion. Bad Karma here
    Last edited by Paulelmar18; 08-17-19 at 03:22 AM.
    08-16-19 05:09 PM
    I'm glad they suit your purpose, and I have nothing against them. But I could never be happy with a slider. adding a preparatory task (sliding out the PKB) to my work flow would annoy me endlessly.

Since most app developers don't utilize the PKB for shortcuts, I find a PKB on Android less useful than I did years ago on BBOS, where almost all apps included PKB commands. On BB10, I was happier with a slab, and on Android I just like the PKB for the hardware shortcuts.
    I liked the old torch slider and the satisfying click of moving the screen up. I loved the design of the 2011 models. Very unique.

BlackBerry old school design was very appealing to me. I particularly do not like square tops and where the bottom does not match the top.

I liked the BlackBerry script on the front as well.

I would rather a slider be based on a Key chassis as a starting point and with a flat screen .
    Tim-ANC likes this.
    08-16-19 07:43 PM
    Don't worry Chuck, we are stick there. But we moved our discussion. Bad Karma here
    What bad karma? Everybody seems to follow TOS here..
    08-16-19 07:46 PM
    I honestly thought the thread was deleted for a little while. I didn't realize they moved it. Especially here under other platforms-Android since it is way down the list. It took me quite a while to stumble across it.
    08-17-19 06:41 AM
    latest news from the Titan facebook page:
    Unihertz decided to make both the holster and the case (both, in my opinion, totally not needed). Also, based on users' feedback, they are upgrading the design of the Titan (whatever that means)
    I gues we will know more very soon...

What do you guys think?
    08-17-19 08:50 AM
    latest news from the Titan facebook page:
    Unihertz decided to make both the holster and the case (both, in my opinion, totally not needed). Also, based on users' feedback, they are upgrading the design of the Titan (whatever that means)
    I gues we will know more very soon...

What do you guys think?
    I think they are amateurs who don't know what they're doing. But that's a superficial assessment based on their seeming complete lack of market research or IP risk.

Posted with my trusty Z10
    08-17-19 08:59 AM
    I think they are amateurs who don't know what they're doing. But that's a superficial assessment based on their seeming complete lack of market research or IP risk.

Posted with my trusty Z10
    They probably keep getting legal orders to stop whay they are doing. I don't get the excitement. We couldn't get updates from an established company. Why will a startup deliver that scrapes by?
    08-17-19 05:04 PM
    They probably keep getting legal orders to stop whay they are doing. I don't get the excitement. We couldn't get updates from an established company. Why will a startup deliver that scrapes by?
    They have changed the keyboard and the display size. I think there is no reason to get legal orders to stop what they are doing at this point...
    08-17-19 05:07 PM
    08-17-19 05:07 PM
    They have changed the keyboard and the display size. I think there is no reason to get legal orders to stop what they are doing at this point...
    There are countless ways.
    08-17-19 05:10 PM
    The Titan is going to change two key features.

Both these changes could be done to avoid Blackberry or TCL suing them, I guess.

On the other hand, China has virtually no patent law and I am going wondering who would Blackberry/TCL sue and where?
    08-19-19 03:21 PM
    The Titan is going to change two key features.

Both these changes could be done to avoid Blackberry or TCL suing them, I guess.

On the other hand, China has virtually no patent law and I am going wondering who would Blackberry/TCL sue and where?
    The moment they sell to outside of China, they have them.
    ShalokShalom likes this.
    08-19-19 03:23 PM
    The moment they sell to outside of China, they have them.
    And where they sue them?
    08-19-19 04:37 PM
850 ... 2728293031 ...