Passion by kdrkid81 12:42 PM Yesterday -- [Ed] [Reply] [!!]

I am not sure if this info is out yet because I have not been able to find it but how similiar will the Passion be to the Droid? The Droid seems amazing but I hear the keyboard is terrible plus I would like to have Sense UI. Also, with Passion having SnapDragon and Android 2.0, would that make it faster and overall better than just having Android 2.0? Will the apps be the same since its the same OS? I have read about the droids app store and it seems great. One last thing, the google nav sounds amazing and something I definitely want so is this an App that all Android 2.0 phones can use or is it specifically for the Droid and not the Passion?

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    11-04-09 06:36 AM
    Google Nav's for all 2.0 devices. All 2.0 Android phones will support the same applications.
    11-04-09 06:57 AM
    Ok then it makes sense to wait for the Passion as that seems it will be the better phone running 2.0, snap dragon, sense, and no keyboard.

11-04-09 07:53 AM
    Ok then it makes sense to wait for the Passion as that seems it will be the better phone running 2.0, snap dragon, sense, and no keyboard.

That's the one I want to get my hands on, the more research I do.
    11-04-09 07:56 AM
    well, technically the passion sounds better on paper but you have to remember that the Droid has 2 different processors (one dedicated to just graphics) so it will make it as fast or faster than the Passion (one processor responsible for everything)...plus it has been stated that the snapdragon processor will kill battery life
    11-04-09 07:58 AM
    Oh man. Two amazing phones. So hard to choose. Sense is amazing. If the droid had it then I would go with the droid. Any thing being stired up that it can get sense?

11-04-09 08:07 AM
    you also have to remember that whatever updates google develops for Android 2.0, users of "plain" android will most likely have the update first...those with the HTC sense UI phones may have to wait a little because sense UI will have to be updated so that it's compatible with the update that google releases...just some food for thought...in any case, it comes down to user preference...if you really want sense ui and don't need a keyboard, get the passion...
    11-04-09 08:21 AM
    I can't stand keyboards. That's one of the main reasons I would like the passion. From what I have read snap dragon seems amazing and sense ui is beyond amazing. I have heard that the droid has 3 interfaces and the passion has 7. Are the 7 part of sense? I'm confused because they say the droid doesn't have sense but then compare the droids 3 to the passions 7.

11-04-09 05:43 PM
    Kd the keyboard is merely an option on the phone (Droid) that NEVER needs to be used if the user does not want to. There is a virtual keyboard in both landscape and portrait.

11-04-09 06:14 PM
    Verizon is getting crazy. TOO many good phones coming out back to back! I have had a pearl so long I can't stand it anymore! I held off temptation to get the Tour and waited for the Storm2. I was more than excited to get it until I heard about the Droid. Now the Passion. I am going to finally stop waiting for the next great thing and start enjoying my new Droid Friday morning. I figure if the keyboard sucks I can just use the touchscreen as easy as you can on a HTC phone or Iphone. The Droid is no bigger than an Iphone so look at the keyboard as a free bonus. It looks cool when surfing the web to have the whole screen available when typing in search terms.
    11-04-09 06:24 PM
    Kd the keyboard is merely an option on the phone (Droid) that NEVER needs to be used if the user does not want to. There is a virtual keyboard in both landscape and portrait.

I agree. The Droids screen is similar in size to the passion anyway. Sense would be the only thing I think that might be a reason to wait, but that is not make or break to me. Can't wait till Friday morning 8am!
    11-04-09 06:26 PM
    why i under stand with custom ui like HTC sense UI the phone tends to lag. fyi just like using a theme on a bb just laggy
    11-04-09 06:48 PM
    The more I read the more I get confused. The passion is the HD2 but on Verizon right? From the pics they do not look the same as far as the buttons on the bottom. Why is this? Also, will the Passion have the touch flow 3D like the HD2? One last question. Is the windows mobile 6.5 better than the Android 2.0? All these new phones and their software is getting me ex ited but very confused.

11-04-09 07:52 PM
    The more I read the more I get confused. The passion is the HD2 but on Verizon right? From the pics they do not look the same as far as the buttons on the bottom. Why is this? Also, will the Passion have the touch flow 3D like the HD2? One last question. Is the windows mobile 6.5 better than the Android 2.0? All these new phones and their software is getting me ex ited but very confused.

The only thing passion and HD2 really have in common is the Snapdragon processor. I also don't think the Dragon looks like a 4.3" screeneither but that's just my opinion.

Winmo vs Android is a matter of preference. Usually Winmo sux IMO but with that HTC UI added on top it looks pretty bada$$ I think.

I read somewhere that VZW is coming out with 15 new phones (mostly smartphones) before xmas.
    11-04-09 08:06 PM

nope two different phones just same processor. android is more open then win mo..
    11-04-09 08:49 PM
    So the passion and HD2 are not the same phone as everyone is saying they are? The passion will have sense though right? I feel that is the big deal with HD2. Most of the reviews I have seen has focused on sense for the HD2. The screen is beautiful so I do hope they have the same screen. What else does the HD2 have that the pasion won't and vice versa? Other than windows mobile vs Android 2.0.

11-04-09 08:53 PM
    From what I understand, the passion will either have 1.6 w/sense or straight 2.0 while HTC completes sense on the new OS. I believe it was stated that HTC won't have 2.0 sense until roughly Feb/March. So, it would be up to vzw which OS went onto the Dragon. Probably straight 2.0 IMO.
    11-04-09 09:01 PM
    No, the Passion is definitely not the HD2. According to HTC, they won't be making an Android HD2 because they don't want it killing the sales of the WinMo HD2 phone.

I however think they are making a mistake. The HD2 with Android would be my love.
    11-04-09 09:12 PM
    Does anyone know the differences between the passion and HD2 other than windows vs android and possibly the screen size?

11-04-09 10:15 PM
    The passion is just a rumor for now, no solid evidence of it just yet.

11-04-09 10:25 PM
    Verizon is getting crazy. TOO many good phones coming out back to back! I have had a pearl so long I can't stand it anymore! I held off temptation to get the Tour and waited for the Storm2. I was more than excited to get it until I heard about the Droid. Now the Passion. I am going to finally stop waiting for the next great thing and start enjoying my new Droid Friday morning. I figure if the keyboard sucks I can just use the touchscreen as easy as you can on a HTC phone or Iphone. The Droid is no bigger than an Iphone so look at the keyboard as a free bonus. It looks cool when surfing the web to have the whole screen available when typing in search terms.
    Dude, I'm right where you are. I waited for the storm 2, but now I'm going to purchase the Droid Phone. You can't keep sitting on the sidelines waiting for the "Ultimate Phone".
    11-04-09 11:05 PM
    The passion is just a rumor for now, no solid evidence of it just yet.

Not solid but pretty promising...

HTC Passion to be released on Black Friday?
    11-04-09 11:25 PM
    Passion spec wise seems just as sweet as the DROID, but the DROID does have 2 processors which is pretty damn cool. We really dont know how snapdragon processor will effect the speed of Android 2 and how well it works until someone gets their hands on it.

Since i have a Storm im use to not having a physicaly KB which I would be ok with.
    11-05-09 12:35 AM
    Not solid but pretty promising...

HTC Passion to be released on Black Friday?

I saw that, and im still not convinced. For a phone that is supposedly dropping in a few weeks, there is NO video's and one blurry pic out there. Either this isnt dropping when people think, or HTC really knows how to keep a tight lip.

Dont get me wrong, I want this phone SOOOOO bad and would take my S2 back in a heart beat for it, but I just dont want to get my hopes up.
    11-05-09 07:33 AM
    yeah well they said vzw was either dropping the curve2 or the passion on black Friday which ever was ready first, or maybe the bold2 i dunno one of those phones. but yeah im def holding out for this phone. if not ill get the droid eris, but im staying away from moto...
    11-05-09 01:52 PM
30 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD