Played with the Droid (again) to day at VZ. While on the web I didn't see how to display anything similar to our "page view". Sure, I could zoom in, but then had to scroll side to side.

Does this feature exist on the standard Droid browser?
    11-19-09 05:24 PM
    Played with the Droid (again) to day at VZ. While on the web I didn't see how to display anything similar to our "page view". Sure, I could zoom in, but then had to scroll side to side.

Does this feature exist on the standard Droid browser?
    U mean to zoom in and out?
    If that is what u are referring to there is a symbol
    at the lower right hand of the screen that u can use to
    magnify the screen. If u are referring to going up and down
    on the screen u really don't need it the Moto droid has flick
    scrolling and it is soooooooo smooth
    11-19-09 06:15 PM
    No, I mean that on the Storm there is a "page view" that enlarges the print and formats it to fit on the screen in one view, side-to-side view. No scrolling from one side of the screen to the other to read the paragraphs or whatever.
    11-19-09 06:31 PM
    No, I mean that on the Storm there is a "page view" that enlarges the print and formats it to fit on the screen in one view, side-to-side view. No scrolling from one side of the screen to the other to read the paragraphs or whatever.
    Yes u can enlarge the text also I did notice in setup there is a selection
    where u can select fit to page.
    It is in the settings after u open up the browser. But I never messed with that setting. Only enlarged the text
    11-19-09 06:34 PM

no the DROID does not distort a webpage just to make it viewable on a ****ty screen like the Storm.
    11-19-09 09:12 PM
    no the droid does not distort a webpage just to make it viewable on a ****ty screen like the storm.
    lol!!!!!!!!!!
    11-19-09 09:44 PM
    You're talking about Column view.
    11-19-09 09:55 PM
    The post above is right, you are speaking of "column" view. Page view is what the Droid shows. To my knowledge, there is no column view. The screen is quite big and clear, that it seems to not be needed. You can still fit all of the text on a page in a reasonable size, where it is readable.

I might be wrong, though, and it may have this function. I don't have the phone yet! You might want to look at the Eris if you really want this function. It automatically wraps the text to fit the screen when you zoom in.
    11-19-09 10:04 PM
    I had the storm for a year so thought id give you my opinion.

The browsing on the Droid is Amazing. Now back to your Question.

When i browse the Full CB forums or any other Website that has paragraphs, everytime i double tap the zoom it fits the text from left to right so you dont have to scroll as mentioned. I am almost positive the droid formats it in this manor automaticall without having to change the mode. If you want your own zoom level, then u can use the zoom +/- in the corner. But everytime i double tap to zoom it formats it perfectly in the middle of the screen to read, no left or right scrolling.

Hope This Helps.

Edit - After further testing i have come to the conclusion that the droids screen is just so damn big and beautiful that it fits any text fine, and when u zoom any paragraph ive checked doesnt require scrolling, and honestly, dude, you cannot even compare the ease of browsing and visibility of the web pages on the droid to the storm.

Give me a website to test it on and i will go to it, double tap, and tell you my results. Only on here for another 37 minutes so hurry up!
    Last edited by krazykid6911; 11-19-09 at 10:30 PM.
    11-19-09 10:22 PM
    Yes, no "column" view or equivalent function on the Droid.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    11-19-09 10:33 PM
    Yup, I meant column view
    11-19-09 10:42 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD