Hey guys,
    I currently use BIS on my BB to access my company https: OWA server (Microsoft Exchange Outlook Web Access)
    Does anyone with a new Droid have the same set-up? If so, please let me know if there are any issues in setting up your email account. Currently, I log into VZW BIS and set up the email addy and password that way. I am really hoping there is a way to do this on a Droid before I take the plunge.
    Thanks
    11-06-09 01:50 PM
    The droid will let you connect directly to the exchange server.
    11-06-09 02:07 PM
    But will it "push" my emails to a folder on the droid like on my bb? Or will I have to go to the owa site to see if I have any emails? I guess I'm too used to the bb way of getting emails to me

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    11-06-09 02:22 PM
    Exchange should be push on the droid and function like the Storm but you'll also be able to sync contacts and your calendar.
    11-06-09 02:44 PM
    What PJnc284 says is only true if your company is running ActiveSync. Ask your IT dept/Exchange Administrator.

I have read that Android 2.0 does NOT support connecting via the OWA interface.

I think it only supports POP3, IMAP4, and ActiveSync.
    11-06-09 04:28 PM
    ^^^ What Stuart said. Your Exchange support comes from ActiveSync. If your company allows users to use a WinMo smartphone, Palm, or iPhone to get email/contacts/calendar, then the Droid can do the same, as those phones are using the ActiveSync pathway to do it.
    11-06-09 05:21 PM
    My work email is PUSH on the Droid. It's through OWA. On the BB there would be a delay of anywhere from 1-5 mins, on the Droid it's instant....FYI
    11-06-09 07:41 PM
    OK I just got the droid. I'm trying to set up my work email onto this phone (microsoft office outlook web access). Can anyone help? It keeps saying 'Unable to open connection to server'
    11-08-09 12:45 PM
    nvm i figured it out
    11-08-09 12:53 PM
    OK I just got the droid. I'm trying to set up my work email onto this phone (microsoft office outlook web access). Can anyone help? It keeps saying 'Unable to open connection to server'

I am by know means knowledagble or an expert in this area. But, I will gladly share what I learned in trying to setup mine. This process was a nightmare for a newbie. I wish someone would set up a Tutorial thread. I kept having issue's until I accepted SSL/Certificates.
    11-08-09 12:58 PM
    I have an OWA account set up. It took a while for me to get it set up though. I had to uncheck the one box, the first time I didn't and emails wouldn't come through. And it drained my battery in 4 hours. But once I deleted the email account, readded it with the box unchecked, everything is working great now.
    11-08-09 01:14 PM
    So what I am reading is that if the Iphone can connect to your work email exchange, then the Droid should do it? I am using notifysync to connect with my Storm to my work email.

Will the droid keep the e-mail separate or lump them all together? I have all of my me-mails drop into my messages folder but my work e-mail goes to its own folder since it uses a separate app.

Just considering options...

Thanks
    11-15-09 09:15 AM
    well i need help setting up...could any body help me out step by step...thank u...
    11-16-09 07:28 PM
    My Company recently upgraded to OWA 2007, changed the email server name etc..I deleted my old service book because it was erroring out, tried re-adding the new email account & now it won't connect to the server. Anyone have any thoughts on what I might do?
    Thanks !
    12-11-09 08:11 PM
    so i just recently got a job at American Apparel, they gave me a new e-mail thats from microsoft outlook web access giving me an e-mail that looks like this - emialhere@americanapparel.net . I also just got a Droid....I've been getting tons of e-mails from work all the sudden but every time I do, I have to sign into Microsoft outlook web access, and check them there since I have a Macbook pro not a PC with microsoft outlook. So i want to set up my OWA e-mail to my corporate calendar on the droid. HOWEVER, everytime I type in my e-mail and password it says "no service" or some bull****. no clue what im doing wrong....i have nothing saved to my calendar or tasks so the whole bluetooth thing isnt neccessary right?....i just want to set up my e-mail to the corporate calendar!....can someone help me with this step by step...im not good with computers or phones
    02-05-10 05:47 PM
    I also would like the information. I'm currently using a Blackberry with PUSH via BES, but my firm also has OWA access, as well. I have pulled in my contacts and calendar via GMAIL CSV file, but would like the OWA access to email. If it's possible, I'm getting a Droid this weekend.

Also, what happens when the password resets every 90 days?
    02-12-10 12:42 PM
    I am using Touchdown on my Droid although the droid syncs with my work OWA just fine on its own. I like the Touchdown interface better.

It cost $20 where Notifysync on the BB cost $120 for the 1st year. Droid syncs great and my work has an ISA server as well so Active sync is the only way to go for me.

Yahoo mail and other POP3 mail is slower but not a big deal. I have not missed my Storm other than the cosmetics and weight of the phone. Droid is a brick and I don't use the physical keyboard.
    02-12-10 01:01 PM
    yeah, touchdown is definitely a good investment for anyone serious about fully functional email through exchange.
    02-12-10 01:07 PM
    Well the key question for me is whether the OWA sync works the same on the Droid as it does on the iPhone. I have spoken with two people in my firm that use the iPhone and they have never had any issues using OWA for email, contacts, and calendar.

I think people have answered this question in the affirmative that, yes OwA access works just as well on the Droid as it does on the iPhone. With this , I'm going to stick with the superior network.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    02-12-10 01:08 PM
    We have I phone users and they report the same results I get with my droid. I do like the fact that it is separate from my personal email. I am not sure the Iphone does this.

Touchdown gives you remote wipe and customizations that the normal exchange client won't. I have been happy with my droid. I just wish the BlueTooth was better Only thing the Iphone has over the Droid is the weight, IMO
    02-12-10 01:25 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD