11-09-09 01:26 PM
    Nice find Cereal. Bummer that I don't see anything for multi touch or using the "pinch to zoom" gesture. Anyone have any data on that?
    11-09-09 01:42 PM
    multi touch is already supported and so is pinch to zoom (not in browser)

but in regards to the browser pinch and zoom. I'd be willing to bet my December there will be an app for that...we shall see.
    11-09-09 01:45 PM
    I'm disappointed that the lack of voicedialing over BT isn't on the list of fixes.
    11-09-09 01:55 PM
    this is good news. not so much for the minor (imo) issues they're addressing, but because they're pushing out an update so quickly. to me this is reassuring that they're on the ball and in touch with what's going on.

pinch to zoom would be nice, but it's not as blatant an omission as inertial scrolling was in the storm. if we don't see it on this update we may see it before or in conjunction with flash support being released.
    11-09-09 02:57 PM
    multi touch is already supported and so is pinch to zoom (not in browser)

but in regards to the browser pinch and zoom. I'd be willing to bet my December there will be an app for that...we shall see.
    Any of the native applications will not support multi-touch (without any third party help).
    11-09-09 03:01 PM
    I understand that the phone utilizes multi-touch, but not on some important applications such as broswer and keyboard. I seem to type too fast or can't pull my fat thumbs off the previous key when using the virtual keyboard. It's seemless on my iPod touch, but not on my Droid...getting better at it though.
    11-09-09 03:25 PM
    I am somewhat shocked at all the issues listed relating to Exchange/ActiveSync.

2 of them are total dealbreakers to me, and they are listed as "Informative Notifications", not "Known Issues". I.e. it appears that they are not even considered defects.

They are, forwarded emails are forwarded as EML attachments. I've gotten too many of those on my BB, which can't open/display them. No way am I getting into a phone where any email that I forwarded will not be able to be opened and read by people with a BlackBerry. And the other is that you can't search Exchange/ActiveSync emails or calendar entries. WTF?!?! I do searches all the time on my Storm. For me, that is *required* functionality.
    11-09-09 04:15 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD