Hi everyone

I am leaving my BB Storm 2 before I hurt someone with it and going to either switch to the Incredible or one of the new Motorola android phones. Any thoughts on which one to go to? I can get the Incredible sooner than the others, but is there going to be enough differences that make it worthwhile to wait?

Amy
    06-15-10 12:21 PM
    Well I guess it all depends on what UI you like. I personally love Sense UI far more than just plain "vanilla" Android. I also like the form factor of the Incredible. However the new Droid X looks pretty sweet, and it has a custom UI on it also.
    06-15-10 12:26 PM
    I recommend the American made Motorola X. The nice thing with the X, is you get ninja blur (social networking UI that is actually pretty good) and you can switch it off, and run android vanilla OS. The X will be the new, hot, most advanced android device on Verizon, but the incredible does have an HTC UI that is nice (I like it) but the battery, you will want to get the extended battery (I know my best friend got the INC) Whatever you decide they are both great.
    06-15-10 12:39 PM
    Yeah wait til the X drops play with them both and make your decision. Another factor is the size. U may want the smaller phone.
    06-15-10 01:04 PM
    Im jumping ship as soon as the Motorola X comes.... Ive had 3 BB...the Curve.then the Storm 1 (what a POS) and now the Tour.. (on my 5th tour..track ball probs, mem probs etc) I liked them all to a point but come on!! The new BOLD?? gimme a break!! talk about feeling Robbed>.... OS6 is coming!!!!! KMA
    06-15-10 01:35 PM
    Thanks for the thoughts. I am not a social networker, so the blur is not an attraction for me. The form factor might be, as I don't want a huge phone. I would wait until both Motorolas are released, but I hate this storm so much that I don't know how long I can go

One thing: I had a Droid when it first came out and had two main problems that I took it back for--1.) It pulled all of my e-mail from the pop account, both new and those from days ago. Never just pulled new e-mail
    2.) It sounded like I was in a ditch through my car's
    bluetooth.

Are these problems that have been fixed for the Incredible and is there any chance of them with the new Motorolas?
    Also, what about the screen issue I am reading about on some of the Incredibles--real problem or not?
    06-15-10 01:52 PM
    I cant comment on the first issue you are having with the email. However on the 2nd issue I dont know what kind of problem you were having. I have bluetooth in my car and have had the LG Voyager, BB Pearl, BB Storm, LG enV Touch, BB Tour, Moto Droid, and now the Incredible all synced up to it through the last 2.5 years and they all sounded exactly the same. I dont know if the problem was your handset or something.
    06-15-10 02:11 PM
    Thanks for the thoughts. I am not a social networker, so the blur is not an attraction for me. The form factor might be, as I don't want a huge phone. I would wait until both Motorolas are released, but I hate this storm so much that I don't know how long I can go

One thing: I had a Droid when it first came out and had two main problems that I took it back for--1.) It pulled all of my e-mail from the pop account, both new and those from days ago. Never just pulled new e-mail
    2.) It sounded like I was in a ditch through my car's
    bluetooth.

Are these problems that have been fixed for the Incredible and is there any chance of them with the new Motorolas?
    Also, what about the screen issue I am reading about on some of the Incredibles--real problem or not?
    It must be your headset. My BT is great on my Droid when I actually use it.
    06-15-10 02:34 PM
    I came from the storm 1 and now using the incredible...I know you are talking about the motorola phones coming up soon but I thought I'd share how much better android is. Whichever phone you choose will be many times better than the storm you have.
    06-15-10 02:46 PM
    you really can't go wrong with any of these android phones.

aside from screen size and form factor the difference in performance of these newer 1ghz android phones is fairly incremental from the user experience. ...unless you're into bench racing. lol
    06-15-10 03:46 PM
    Would the new motorolas have a better battery than the Incredible?

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    06-16-10 03:40 PM
    Would the new motorolas have a better battery than the Incredible?

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    I don't think battery life is known yet on the new devices.
    06-16-10 03:42 PM
    There's not reason to jump the gun and decide between either devices, especially considering nothing has been made OFFICIAL on behalf of a few previews and leaks on the X.

I'd say wait for the others to be announced, attempt to play/mess around with them for a bit, than dive head first.

I can't wait to get rid of my Storm and move to the Android platform.
    06-16-10 04:19 PM
    ^solid advice......
    06-16-10 07:37 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD