Does anybody have any insight on open home the full version? Looks pretty wild. I was wondering how it worked. Thanks
    11-24-09 11:59 AM
    I'm curious about this as well.
    11-24-09 12:02 PM
    Just your standard run of the mill Home replacement. Basically you can set your number of home pages (up to 7) and then apply themes and/or icon sets to it. I like it, but I'm running 3 different home replacement apps. (Open Home, Pandahome, and GDE).
    11-24-09 12:44 PM
    I didn't try Openhome, but I did try Panda and Dxtop. I liked Dxtop. It seemed more stable than Panda to me... but all of the developers are updating these home replacements like mad right now.
    11-24-09 12:56 PM
    I didn't try Openhome, but I did try Panda and Dxtop. I liked Dxtop. It seemed more stable than Panda to me... but all of the developers are updating these home replacements like mad right now.
    So when you hit the "Home" button does it lanch this app, or does it go the home screen we have now, and to view the new home screen you open the app?

I would love more detail on this.
    11-24-09 12:59 PM
    So when you hit the "Home" button does it lanch this app, or does it go the home screen we have now, and to view the new home screen you open the app?

The first time you hit the 'home' button after you install a homescreen replacement, you will be asked if you want to open the stock home app or the replacement. There is also a tickbox below that lets you 'always use this selection'. I chose the homescreen replacement and 'always use this selection' and voila. Every time I press the home button the home replacement comes up. Its seamless. You can't even tell you are running a homescreen replacement app.
    11-24-09 01:05 PM

The first time you press the 'Home' icon, it will ask you which application you'd like to use. It will also give you the option of using this app from now on, or prompt you each time.
    11-24-09 01:06 PM
    Which home replace app is better and stable? Do they come with any wallpapers or new clocks? I'm a noob. I have always had a BB. I know the BB like the back of my hand. Thank you to everybody that helps.
    11-24-09 01:39 PM
    Just got GDE. All I can say is wow! Its smooth. No lag what so ever. I have weather widgets and all it says is loading. And it never puts the flip down clock on. I guess its a bug.
    11-24-09 03:24 PM
    Just got GDE. All I can say is wow! Its smooth. No lag what so ever. I have weather widgets and all it says is loading. And it never puts the flip down clock on. I guess its a bug.
    It is sort of a bug...what I did was load the widget/clock (it says loading), hit home and went to a different home replacement app. Hit home again, chose GDE and it was working. Don't know if this will work for you, but give it a try.
    11-24-09 04:42 PM
    I'm using DxTop. It only costs three bucks, and is ready to use with the Droid. Here's what mine looks like, at the moment.

11-24-09 05:02 PM
    I like GDE the best out of Open Home, Pandahome, and GDE
    11-24-09 05:13 PM
    im using open home, i like it quite a bit. its a little slower than the original, but its not a big deal at all
    11-24-09 05:17 PM
    Get PandaHome (free) and then use OpenHome free themes. Thats what I have running.

I'm going to wait till they iron some bugs out before jumping into GDE. Looks great though.

Panda Home Zero lag, no hiccups, or force close. Runs perfect and it's free. Has wallpaper rotator and is fully customizable. Cool tabs where you wont even have to leave your homescreen
    Last edited by cereal killer; 11-24-09 at 06:02 PM.
    11-24-09 05:59 PM
    I got it to work thanks!!!
    11-24-09 10:08 PM
    I'm using DxTop. It only costs three bucks, and is ready to use with the Droid. Here's what mine looks like, at the moment.

I have dxtop as well, but I can not figure out for the life of me how you got the bottom icons all on the bottom and you dont have the tabs at the bottom like all the other themes.

I cant actually find the program for gde. I see all the themes for it but no program. Anyone know what the specific name for it is?
    11-25-09 07:21 AM
    All the GDE themes show the HTC style Clock (Flip type) at the top. Is that only for the Eris or do you know how to get that clock on the Droid?
    Last edited by AFAngryWarrior; 11-25-09 at 09:25 AM.
    11-25-09 09:00 AM
    What is GDE? Is that an acronym or the actual name of the program?
    It's the actual name of the program.

Here is the link GDE
    11-25-09 09:18 AM
    All the GDE themes show the HTC style Clock (Flip type) at the top. Is that only for the Eris or do you know how to get that clock on the Droid?
    You can get Beautiful Widgets or Weather donate for htc style clock. I like beautiful better. But just go to the market and type in weather. Both are there.
    11-25-09 09:32 AM
    Haven't tried Open Home yet. Tried Panda, however hated that my BW/WWD would trip when switching screens (the clock would go buggy). I also have DX Top which I love.
    11-25-09 11:09 AM
    Haven't tried Open Home yet. Tried Panda, however hated that my BW/WWD would trip when switching screens (the clock would go buggy). I also have DX Top which I love.
    What is BW/WWD?

Also, did that clock/weather widget come with DXTop or did you buy that seperately?
    11-25-09 11:32 AM
    What is BW/WWD?

Also, did that clock/weather widget come with DXTop or did you buy that seperately?
    BW = Beautiful Weather

WWD = Weather Widget Donate

DXTop does not come with clock. One is free the other is paid, but worth it. I use Beautiful Weather fwiw.
    11-25-09 11:43 AM
    BW = Beautiful Weather

WWD = Weather Widget Donate

DXTop does not come with clock. One is free the other is paid, but worth it. I use Beautiful Weather fwiw.
    With this last update BW just looks 2 times better than WWD.
    11-25-09 12:55 PM
    With this last update BW just looks 2 times better than WWD.
    Yes sir thats why I just Bdub over dubdubD LOL.

Oh and for any of you that didnt know. Slide your bottom tabs to the left or right to add icons there.
    11-25-09 01:18 PM
    Yes sir thats why I just Bdub over dubdubD LOL.

Oh and for any of you that didnt know. Slide your bottom tabs to the left or right to add icons there.
    Only on dxTop.
    You will have alot of people trying on other home replacements.
    11-25-09 01:24 PM
53 123
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD