There is a lot of hype and very generous DROID sales numbers already baked into MOT stock price. To buy it now, even with calls is a huge gamble. I would much rather play MOT from the short side, even after friday's 4% selloff. The truth is Droid sales are probably good, but by no means great compared to what MOT/VZ were hoping.

I picked up a Droid on Friday and I was the only person in the store buying one for the 45 minutes I was there. Quite a few people getting their Tours fixed though. I LOVE the phone and it can obviously run circles around the POS BB Curve that it replaced, but it is never going to appeal to a diverse group of people like the iphone, and that is exactly why it will never compete for sales #'s.
    i agree in the since that it may not compete with the sales numbers of the iphone simply by weight the name of the iphone carries alone. I do not agree with it not appealing to a diverse group of people it has already shown to be an amazing mulimedia device hence the consumer buzz over it, but it also stands as a very solid coporate device as well which seems to be getting overlooked in your post of not appealing to a diverse group, and the funny thing is i am a storm 2 user but it seems that us bb fanboys are really overlooking the obvious things the droid has to offer. looking at one in a store for 5 minutes and owning one for a week you will definitly get a better picture of the device.
    11-08-09 05:46 AM
    There is a lot of hype and very generous DROID sales numbers already baked into MOT stock price. To buy it now, even with calls is a huge gamble. I would much rather play MOT from the short side, even after friday's 4% selloff. The truth is Droid sales are probably good, but by no means great compared to what MOT/VZ were hoping.

I picked up a Droid on Friday and I was the only person in the store buying one for the 45 minutes I was there. Quite a few people getting their Tours fixed though. I LOVE the phone and it can obviously run circles around the POS BB Curve that it replaced, but it is never going to appeal to a diverse group of people like the iphone, and that is exactly why it will never compete for sales #'s.
    I was with you right up until you called the Curve a PoS BB. The Curve is a rock solid phone. You lose all credibility now, sir. May God have mercy on your soul.
    11-08-09 06:24 AM
    I went to my Verizon store yesterday at 8am when they opened. I was the only one there when they first opened! As I was exchanging the S2, I asked the sales rep how many they sold on the first day and she told me they only sold 35. So, it's not selling big in my town.
    11-08-09 07:53 AM
    Ditto. The Curve is bullet proof! If Storm1 had been like the Curve, we would not even be having this conversation!

I was with you right up until you called the Curve a PoS BB. The Curve is a rock solid phone. You lose all credibility now, sir. May God have mercy on your soul.
    11-08-09 09:55 AM
54 123
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD