So I went up to verizon to check out this droid phone and it is indeed awesome the keyboard needs a little work but that's it. I wanted to see how they had been selling and the chic in the store told me her and 3 others had already sold 15 devices 5 hours into their shifts all I could say was well let me help you out ill take one too. That is nuts!!
    11-06-09 07:23 PM
    So I went up to verizon to check out this droid phone and it is indeed awesome the keyboard needs a little work but that's it. I wanted to see how they had been selling and the chic in the store told me her and 3 others had already sold 15 devices 5 hours into their shifts all I could say was well let me help you out ill take one too. That is nuts!!
    yeah some other guy in florida posted that they weren't selling, but my friend at verizon said he sold 20 today.

And the proof is in the pudding. verizon's stock, motorola's stock, and google's stock all jumped today.
    11-06-09 09:16 PM
    I just got back from the almost empty verizon store. Just one of many in my area that wasnt crowded at all. It funny because they even had a Droid rep standing at the front greeting people and giving out free coffee but it seemed like there wasnt that much interest in the droid.
    11-06-09 09:18 PM
    Why would you expect to see a crowd at night? My local store in 45431 sold over 100 today and BestBuy didn't have enough to cover 50+ preorders. Not bad around here...we'll see how the weekend goes.
    11-06-09 09:22 PM
    i went in to look @ my local store and it was way too crowded i'll go look at one another day. but i saw at least 3 people leaving with them in hand
    11-06-09 09:28 PM
    the 3 local stores here by me all got 120 units and are all sold out.... the accesories which they diddnt get many of are all gone too...

so it all depends on the stores volume... obviously slower stores are still going to be slow. These 3 stores are all high volume stores.
    11-06-09 09:32 PM
    I work at a corporate VZ store and let me tell you, today was busier than the Storm1 Launch. We had 120 Droids and 80 Eris and between 7am and 5pm we had sold about 70 droids and 40 Eris. Great news is that our inventory analysts state that we should have more in on Saturday. These things are going like hotcakes. Anyone who gets a chance to play with the live demos is surely to snap one up.
    11-06-09 09:38 PM
    Why would you expect to see a crowd at night? My local store in 45431 sold over 100 today and BestBuy didn't have enough to cover 50+ preorders. Not bad around here...we'll see how the weekend goes.
    because there is always at least 10-15 people in the que at all times but not tonight for some reason. I drove by 2 others on my way home and they seemed really empty for such a highly anticipated device.
    11-06-09 09:52 PM
    just got out of Best Buy...I was there for an hour and they sold 3 other ones..The guy that was almost done purchasing his for FULL retail said "man did you see those Stealth Bomber commercial? I was sold. Man all the media" lol

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    11-06-09 10:04 PM
    just got out of Best Buy...I was there for an hour and they sold 3 other ones..The guy that was almost done purchasing his for FULL retail said "man did you see those Stealth Bomber commercial? I was sold. Man all the media" lol

Did you have that guy hauled away for a psych eval? Full retail at BestBuy is normally outrageous...how much was the Droid full retail? I heard WalMart was $500.
    11-06-09 10:20 PM
    because there is always at least 10-15 people in the que at all times but not tonight for some reason. I drove by 2 others on my way home and they seemed really empty for such a highly anticipated device.
    So you're suggesting that the Droid actually reduced the normal amount of consumer activity of the store? Almost as if they thought, "I'm going to pick up a new LG Chocolate Touch...wait the Droid drops today, I better not."

Interesting.
    11-06-09 10:24 PM
    my store started with 60 , ended the night with people in line and 11 left
    11-06-09 10:30 PM
    yeah some other guy in florida posted that they weren't selling, but my friend at verizon said he sold 20 today.

And the proof is in the pudding. verizon's stock, motorola's stock, and google's stock all jumped today.
    Mot stock dropped ~4% today. News articles gave the impression droid wasn't selling well. Whether or not that is true, we'll find out in the coming weeks.
    11-06-09 10:32 PM
    My friend James just called tonight to tell me he picked up his new Droid at the VZ store... (he's been using Android since the G1 came out) and that there were 4 other people in line in front of him, getting these.

I'd say the Droid is getting a lot of attention, people are definitely buying these.

My plan is to use James as an unofficial guinea pig because with his personality, if he likes this phone, I know I'll be loving it.
    11-06-09 10:33 PM
    So you're suggesting that the Droid actually reduced the normal amount of consumer activity of the store? Almost as if they thought, "I'm going to pick up a new LG Chocolate Touch...wait the Droid drops today, I better not."

Interesting.
    I never said that but it is weird that all the roid fans out there seem to be seeing millions of people at the stores and buying 10 each.
    11-06-09 10:34 PM
    Is it selling Iphone big? Is it selling S1 big? I'm not trying to troll, i'm just curious as what they are projecting. The articles I read were, that sales were not what they were expecting. They sold 1 million storms in 3 weeks of release of the S1. Iphone sold more than that in a day I suppose.
    11-06-09 10:35 PM
    Maybe 10,000 for the weekend
    11-06-09 10:42 PM
    I've switched to the dark side and you are the new bearkat
    Last edited by The Antagonist; 11-06-09 at 10:47 PM.
    11-06-09 10:45 PM
    Not even close!!
    11-06-09 10:57 PM

my best friend works for verizon wireless and she told me the 3 stores by our house(she lives in same neighborhood) all had 120 units and sold out. So theres 360 units in a 10 mile radius. this isnt including the 2 best buy stores, the 3 walmarts, and the 2 sears stores within that same radius.

id be willing to bet 10k units sold was surpassed early this morning.
    11-06-09 10:59 PM
    I asked how many my local vzw store sold when I bought mine around 6 pm. She said a lot and that was all she knew because she had been busy since she got there at 6am. Another Guy getting one activated at the same time as me and multiple people looking at them.

11-06-09 11:00 PM
    why? Because Im being realistic?
    11-06-09 11:06 PM
    Just wait two weeks then the Verizon sales people will be falling over boxes of unsold Droids. Once all the "gotta have the latest thing people" have them the hoopla will be gone.
    11-06-09 11:12 PM
    Just wait two weeks then the Verizon sales people will be falling over boxes of unsold Droids. Once all the "gotta have the latest thing people" have them the hoopla will be gone.
    yes it will. Than the price will drop to $99 and they will have a bogo.
    11-06-09 11:20 PM
    yes it will. Than the price will drop to $99 and they will have a bogo.
    Or they could start out with a BOGO like S2...what message does that send to put your flagship BB on BOGO on launch day?
    11-06-09 11:26 PM
54 123
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD