I got bored of stock and finally rooted my GS3. Went with a 4.2.1 ROM to get the new notification style. Running Tasks AOKP and it's super stable, no loss of data, great battery life. No reboots at all. It's more stable than stock was. Heh. Anyone else running modified now?

PHONE: Galaxy S3 Garnet Red
    ROM: AOKP Jellybean 4.2.1
    Marty_LK likes this.
    01-18-13 11:28 AM
    The first thing i did after taking the phone out of the box was root and unlock, it's my first Android phone so i used the ToolKit from XDA just needed one click

PHONE: Nexus 4
    ROM: AOKP 4.2.1
    KERNEL: Franco #46
    SOTK and reeneebob like this.
    01-18-13 11:39 AM
    Sweet choice of ROM. I seem to have the best experience with AOKP. I have my Nexus S rooted and running AOKP right now and having really good battery life as well as speed and performance.
    01-18-13 08:33 PM
    Sweet choice of ROM. I seem to have the best experience with AOKP. I have my Nexus S rooted and running AOKP right now and having really good battery life as well as speed and performance.
    My battery is still settling from the root so I can't say how battery will be but I'm loving the ROM so far. Very stable.

PHONE: Galaxy S3 Garnet Red
    ROM: AOKP Jellybean 4.2.1
    01-18-13 08:44 PM
    Been running CM 10.1 and Tasks AOKP for a while now. Love em both but I def use Tasks Rom the most on my S3
    01-18-13 08:54 PM
    I've rooted, and rommed, every Android I've had, going back to the OG Droid. Currently running Baked BlackBean7, on my S3.
    01-19-13 09:52 AM
    AOKP is now my first choice when it comes to roms, but CM has always been good too. I'm starting to sometimes hate how most OEMs are going to onscreen buttons.

Phone: Galaxy Nexus
    ROM: Jelly Beer on 4.2.1(CM10.1)
    01-19-13 08:46 PM
    Running "Shiny" on my Galaxy Nexus. Android 4.2.1
    01-23-13 09:38 PM
    My Galaxy Nexus is running Jellybro, which is a CM10.1 (4.2.1) build. I love it enough that I haven't bothered trying other ROMS in quite some time. I haven't bothered with custom kernels in a while (though I used to stick to Franco's).

I typically re-flash every other week (as opposed to nightly like I used to when the JB ROMS were still in their infancy), and even then it's just out of habit.
    MobileMadness002 likes this.
    01-25-13 03:30 AM
    I had to return to stock temporarily... My Bell mobile tv app won't work because the ROM was based off AT&T so it registered that it wasn't available to me, and I need to be able to watch nhl centre ice. Hockey before ROM.

I had to get the red SGS3...garnet is my birthstone! Excuses sent via Tapatalk 2
    01-25-13 10:36 AM
    I had to return to stock temporarily... My Bell mobile tv app won't work because the ROM was based off AT&T so it registered that it wasn't available to me, and I need to be able to watch nhl centre ice. Hockey before ROM.
    Have you tried installing it via your desktop browser? That's what I usually do when an app doesn't register as being compatible with a custom ROM. Sometimes works anyway. :shrug:
    01-25-13 01:43 PM
    Have you tried installing it via your desktop browser? That's what I usually do when an app doesn't register as being compatible with a custom ROM. Sometimes works anyway. :shrug:
    The Bell Tv app can't be done that way, it's part of our plans (we get 10 hours free on demand) and it's provisioned on the account itself.

I had to get the red SGS3...garnet is my birthstone! Excuses sent via Tapatalk 2
    01-25-13 02:14 PM
    Ahhhhhh found a fix and back on AOKP. Even better, it made it so I can use the mobile tv app over wifi and not the by the hour on mobile data only (we get 10 hours a month free but it has to be through mobile data to track it).

Sent from my SGH-I747M using Tapatalk 2
    02-01-13 07:24 AM
    I'm running the latest cm10 4.2.1 phantomfreak version.

Sent from my Sprint Galaxy Nexus rockin 4.2.1 using Tapatalk 2
    02-01-13 12:30 PM
    Research root, buy phone, phone arrives, take out of box, root.
    I root before I even activate a device. Every device I have owned has been rooted.
    DroidX, Droid Bionic, Razr, Razr Maxx, Razr HD, Nook Color, Nook Tablets, and Nexus 7 have all been rooted right out of the box.
    Some with custom ROMS.
    SOTK likes this.
    02-06-13 05:10 PM
    I'd like to try that ROM AOKP JB 4.2.1, but i have a MacBook Pro. Don't know how to split the hard drive, and don't know anyone who will loan me their PC. Guess i'm running stock for a while.

I have an AT&T SGSIII.
    02-14-13 11:03 AM
    Going to be picking up a new phone next month I'm going to break tradition and not root it. Rooting for me has always been a thing I did to combat android 2.3 and ICS lag. I've been looking at the newest androids coming out and they are frakking FAST! Glad to see it finally. Probably going to buy the xperiaZL, install Nova Launcher on it and call it a day.
    02-15-13 03:02 PM
    My Galaxy Nexus is running Jellybro, which is a CM10.1 (4.2.1) build. I love it enough that I haven't bothered trying other ROMS in quite some time. I haven't bothered with custom kernels in a while (though I used to stick to Franco's).

I typically re-flash every other week (as opposed to nightly like I used to when the JB ROMS were still in their infancy), and even then it's just out of habit.
    Running CM Nightly as well.
    02-15-13 04:31 PM