nicely put but i think its the speaker thats low also try playing a song and listen how low it sounds. droid def got a better speaker
    U know I didn't think about the speaker being smaller. I will take
    the tradeoff for more screen and physical buttons at the bottom
    07-17-10 03:15 AM
    Went to the store and saw the X and wasn't too impressed. Its just a bigger droid. I didn't like the size and I'm one that could adapt quickly. Not being negative, just giving a different opinion. What's funny is that the incredible was the hype now the X.

Anyways, if I was to jump back to the motorola's, (had the droid,didn't care for the form factor) but I would get the incredible.

For now, I'm loving the blackberry's style and organization, and hopefully the 9670 clam shell will be a nice upgrade for rim.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    07-17-10 07:51 AM
    I have also moved away from Blackberry and got a Droid X on launch day. I'm not going to bash RIM either as my Storm did what I needed for the time I used it. But RIM has to step their game up a little bit. With the limited on board memory, freezes etc that the original Storm had, I moved to the droid line. This phone is pretty amazing and I'm still finding things to do with it. The Storm 3 rumors are nice and it looks like it may be amazing, but the X is everything you could possibly want in a cell phone.

ottscay:

Good review. Your comments were pretty dead on.
    Last edited by Warrior VP; 07-17-10 at 08:22 AM.
    07-17-10 08:09 AM
    If you don't have launcherpro installed on your X...get it....now.
    What's so great about launcher pro?
    07-17-10 03:36 PM
    What's so great about launcher pro?
    I like it, Its faster than adw launcher in my opinion
    07-17-10 04:46 PM
    I have a BMW without navigation, I also have around 1500 contacts in my phone. With my Blackberry I can filter certain contacts( approimately 12)
    to sync into my car. Is there a way to do it on an Android phone or do all
    contacts go to the car. Does anyone know of any apps that will do this?
    07-17-10 04:48 PM
    The multitouch keyboard is killer.
    I am in love with swype
    07-18-10 05:55 AM
    I also upgraded from my STORM. Used to freeze up the camera stopped working too much bull**** uploading new software, besides the BBM I dont miss anything about it
    DROID X

-FAST
    -Great Digital Camera
    -Takes Awesome Video
    -Love the 4.3 Screen
    -Free Applications
    -Swype Keyboard

I ordered my self a solar powered battery charger to keep the battery charged up anywhere I go.

This phone is pretty much like a lap top.
    07-18-10 02:40 PM
    is there a way to take screenshots on the droid x without root??
    07-19-10 09:00 AM
    Droid x puts every phone I have played with to shame. loving it!
    07-19-10 09:35 AM
    The browser...interesting things going on. With my Incredible, wordwrap worked wonderfully everytime, no issues. With the X, if I load CNN or any site vertically, it won't wordwrap. Once I go to landscape, it will wordwrap and when I go from landscape to verticle, it wordwraps....weird stuff.
    It's just that Motorola made it so that it only word wraps on the first double tap to zoom. All subsequent gestures will not auto wrap the text. For my young eyes and this large screen, double tapping will do just fine.
    07-19-10 09:39 AM
    Went to the store and saw the X and wasn't too impressed. Its just a bigger droid. I didn't like the size and I'm one that could adapt quickly. Not being negative, just giving a different opinion. What's funny is that the incredible was the hype now the X.

Anyways, if I was to jump back to the motorola's, (had the droid,didn't care for the form factor) but I would get the incredible.

For now, I'm loving the blackberry's style and organization, and hopefully the 9670 clam shell will be a nice upgrade for rim.

"Just a bigger Droid". I had both, along with the first Storm and then the BB Tour. The X is MUCH better. The typing is better, swipe to text is freaking awesome! The video playback is better and faster! Camcorder in HD with HDMI port that the Droid does not have. The fact that it is not a slider, and a ton of other things make it MUCH better than the Droid.

Now as far as the incredible goes, I would not know, it is still on backorder and no one has one in stock... That alone makes it worse!

You sound like a RIM homer though and just hating, but that is OK, that is your right!
    07-19-10 09:44 AM
    You sound like a RIM homer though and just hating, but that is OK, that is your right!
    You're absolutely correct; it is his right to think that way, but to say that he is hating, I don't think so. For the reasons you listed that the DX is better, maybe those features and functionality aren't not what he needs right now in a phone. That being said, my DX will be here in t-minus 4 hours or less. YEAH ME!
    07-19-10 09:52 AM
    You're absolutely correct; it is his right to think that way, but to say that he is hating, I don't think so. For the reasons you listed that the DX is better, maybe those features and functionality aren't not what he needs right now in a phone. That being said, my DX will be here in t-minus 4 hours or less. YEAH ME!
    Oh wow you're finally getting it? lol. I would just like to say, I dropped the X last night from about 4 feet up and not a scratch anywhere on the device. Pretty solid.
    07-19-10 10:01 AM
    Oh wow you're finally getting it? lol. I would just like to say, I dropped the X last night from about 4 feet up and not a scratch anywhere on the device. Pretty solid.
    i dropped mines at a party last night and one kid tried to pick it up and run but i caught him and messed him up
    07-19-10 10:19 AM
    i dropped mines at a party last night and one kid tried to pick it up and run but i caught him and messed him up
    Nice. If anyone ever tried to take my device they will get the **** kicked out of them. I'm no nerd (jock all my life), but don't **** with my gadgets.
    07-19-10 11:06 AM
    Chronic booze and the X at a party don't mix.......
    07-19-10 11:45 AM
    Thanks darksource for understanding. I appreciate technology and like I said I can adapt, learn anything new with the best of them, but I just don't get caught up in trends, and the newest thing out, etc.

And jmac, technically I only been with or in the blackberry world for almost a year, well nxt month will make it a year, so I'm not one of those fanboys type of people.

07-19-10 11:54 AM
    Finally received mine today...and the coolest thing about the whole affair has been using the Media Docking Station I purchased on Sat. That is one helpful accessory.
    Anyway, Trendy...this screen is all I had hoped for. I can SEE it!!!! Without my reading glasses, even!!!!

I'm not going to customize it a whole lot right now...just use it out of the box for a while and see how I like it compared to the Sense UI I had on my Eris. (I really did love my Eris...it is had only had a big screen).

So...my X is now sitting in my Media Dock, displaying the time, weather and so on and so forth....and every once in a while, it says "DROOOOID" to let me know I have new email! hahahaha
    I can tell I'm gonna LOVE this new phone....OH, and the calls I've made so far were crystal clear. No complaints.
    07-19-10 01:05 PM
    Call quality is definitely better than the Droid.
    07-19-10 02:11 PM
    Oh you're so big, bad and "tuff"! Hopefully he gets you for assault.
    07-19-10 02:21 PM
    ordered me's one today.. ships or arrives on the 23rd! YES!! Bye Bye BB Storm!
    07-19-10 09:12 PM
    i also ordered mine yesterday....i dont have a ship date yet though.....
    07-20-10 06:42 AM
    1271 Quadrant score on this beast and it's not on 2.2 yet. Holy ****!
    07-20-10 08:26 AM
    One thing i really like is the text selection bullseye. Very useful in my opinion. I kind of miss the soft keys on the orginal droid. The multitouch keybaord in landscape is a dream to type on. Not missing hardware keyboard at all. Snappy.
    07-20-10 03:13 PM
165 1234 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD