I think by #3, he's had bad batches, for whatever reason.
    08-17-11 05:08 PM
    Welcome aboard to the new Android users!

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    08-26-11 11:33 AM
    hello i got a plues mini at xmas last year.

ts cool!
    08-29-11 09:01 AM
    I think by #3, he's had bad batches, for whatever reason.
    I think that was the case, which has just left a bad taste in my mouth. Plus, I shouldn't have ever gotten a full touch screen, but myself and Android just didn't get along.
    08-29-11 11:55 PM
    So sell it and get something you DO like..

I don't understand why people put up with something they dislike?
    When I switched to Sprint, all of the BBs were outdated .... and so I was trying something new. Kept it too long, got stuck with it. Sprint wasn't willing to budge. Then, I sold it. Now I've got this Tour until I get paid again. Then it's the Bold 9930.
    08-29-11 11:57 PM
    I think that was the case, which has just left a bad taste in my mouth. Plus, I shouldn't have ever gotten a full touch screen, but myself and Android just didn't get along.
    One of ya's gotta budge . You guys are both stubborn . But, I can totally see where going full touch could be a nightmare for some, if not, many.
    09-01-11 07:42 PM
    One of ya's gotta budge . You guys are both stubborn . But, I can totally see where going full touch could be a nightmare for some, if not, many.
    I was hesitant about the full touch screen considering my first android was the motorola i1. That thing is tiny lol. Then went to the Samsung EPIC 4G. Disliked the cheapo plastic feel it had. When I picked up my first HTC EVO 4G I loved it. It didn't feel cheap. And then adding the OTTERBox Defender series case to it made it feel even more sturdy. And the screen size is awesome. Just big enough for me to do anything I want on it.

posted from Tapatalk via HTC EVO 4G
    09-01-11 08:26 PM
    LOL. It was me. I caved. I'm back to this old Tour until my 9930 comes.
    09-01-11 08:54 PM
    I was hesitant about the full touch screen considering my first android was the motorola i1. That thing is tiny lol. Then went to the Samsung EPIC 4G. Disliked the cheapo plastic feel it had. When I picked up my first HTC EVO 4G I loved it. It didn't feel cheap. And then adding the OTTERBox Defender series case to it made it feel even more sturdy. And the screen size is awesome. Just big enough for me to do anything I want on it.

The EPIC did feel cheap! The EVO is solid and HUGE. Sheesh. It's not for me but it is a good size.
    09-01-11 08:54 PM
    I use to get a new phone every 6 months but have been trying to be good. I made it a year and 3 months on AT&T with my iPhone 3GS. I started to get a itch for a new phone and since there is no iPhone 5 at the moment decided I wanted to finally try an android phone. So I started asking around and my friends who already have them mostly upgraded to the Droid Charge. I like Verizon's network and wanted to switch back but was trying to be cheap and not pay 300 dollars so I went with a certified pre-owned LG Revolution because I still wanted 4G. (The phone worked fine) Being a returning Verizon customer I couldn't get the unlimited data plan anymore so I went with the 5G plan and used my employee discount from my company which brought down the bill to less than 90 bucks and I don't talk on the phone very often so I got the 450 minutes plan with unlimited texting. After 6 days I had used 1G and started searching the web on how to manage data better and also stopped by the Verizon store to see I wanted to switch out the phone for the charge and give up on being cheap and because the phone didn't feel "right" (I didn't like the portrait keyboard on the charge and I don't really text in landscape). So after learning all these different ways to save on data I came to the conclusion that this is time consuming and I want to enjoy my phone not make sure everything is turned off every second of the day I'm not actually using it. So I started looking at Sprint and T-Mobile for unlimited data plans and decided to go with T-Mobile. (I was still within my 14 day grace period and was able to return the verizon phone and get a refund). I went with the HTC Sensation which I can say I love better than my old iPhone 3GS and the LG Revolution. I love the camera and the interface is smoother and I love being able to customize things again unlike on my iPhone unless I wanted to jailbreak it again. The 4G and Wifi work great and I haven't had any dropped calls unlike on AT&T which happened at least once a day. I love that my bill is only 70 something bucks (the cheapest I've had it in years) and even though the 4G data speed isn't completely unlimited (I went with their 5Gigabyte plan to start) at least i'm not getting charged if I go over. I also know once the phone isn't new anymore I might be able to switch to the cheaper 2G plan saving 15 dollars since I won't be constantly wanting to download new apps! The battery life is better on this phone than the LG Revolution and is about the same as my iPhone 3GS. Even better I was able to sell my iPhone in perfect condition to gazelle.com to get enough money to cover the AT&T termination fee! So all in all I love my new HTC Sensation and T-Mobile's customer service. Glad I made the switch to android.
    Chrisy likes this.
    09-03-11 08:26 PM
    I use to get a new phone every 6 months but have been trying to be good. I made it a year and 3 months on AT&T with my iPhone 3GS. I started to get a itch for a new phone and since there is no iPhone 5 at the moment decided I wanted to finally try an android phone. So I started asking around and my friends who already have them mostly upgraded to the Droid Charge. I like Verizon's network and wanted to switch back but was trying to be cheap and not pay 300 dollars so I went with a certified pre-owned LG Revolution because I still wanted 4G. (The phone worked fine) Being a returning Verizon customer I couldn't get the unlimited data plan anymore so I went with the 5G plan and used my employee discount from my company which brought down the bill to less than 90 bucks and I don't talk on the phone very often so I got the 450 minutes plan with unlimited texting. After 6 days I had used 1G and started searching the web on how to manage data better and also stopped by the Verizon store to see I wanted to switch out the phone for the charge and give up on being cheap and because the phone didn't feel "right" (I didn't like the portrait keyboard on the charge and I don't really text in landscape). So after learning all these different ways to save on data I came to the conclusion that this is time consuming and I want to enjoy my phone not make sure everything is turned off every second of the day I'm not actually using it. So I started looking at Sprint and T-Mobile for unlimited data plans and decided to go with T-Mobile. (I was still within my 14 day grace period and was able to return the verizon phone and get a refund). I went with the HTC Sensation which I can say I love better than my old iPhone 3GS and the LG Revolution. I love the camera and the interface is smoother and I love being able to customize things again unlike on my iPhone unless I wanted to jailbreak it again. The 4G and Wifi work great and I haven't had any dropped calls unlike on AT&T which happened at least once a day. I love that my bill is only 70 something bucks (the cheapest I've had it in years) and even though the 4G data speed isn't completely unlimited (I went with their 5Gigabyte plan to start) at least i'm not getting charged if I go over. I also know once the phone isn't new anymore I might be able to switch to the cheaper 2G plan saving 15 dollars since I won't be constantly wanting to download new apps! The battery life is better on this phone than the LG Revolution and is about the same as my iPhone 3GS. Even better I was able to sell my iPhone in perfect condition to gazelle.com to get enough money to cover the AT&T termination fee! So all in all I love my new HTC Sensation and T-Mobile's customer service. Glad I made the switch to android.
    I still say Sprint is the way to go for unlimited data never slow you down or anything. I use around 12GB of data a month downloading movies or streaming them. So yeah I really HAVE to have unlimited.

09-03-11 08:57 PM
    i just got my evo 4g. i know im so late, but i am usually on a budget, and had my previous blackberry for a little over 2 years. So i'm happy now. I haven't used an Android phone since I had a G1 a long time ago. I love the Evo. I bought a bling pink and silver case for it, rooted it, and am running a Miui Rom.
    09-04-11 01:52 PM
    i just got my evo 4g. i know im so late, but i am usually on a budget, and had my previous blackberry for a little over 2 years. So i'm happy now. I haven't used an Android phone since I had a G1 a long time ago. I love the Evo. I bought a bling pink and silver case for it, rooted it, and am running a Miui Rom.
    congrats... better late than never. i should be on a budget myself... i've purchased 5 phones in the past 2 months.
    09-04-11 05:16 PM
    congrats... better late than never. i should be on a budget myself... i've purchased 5 phones in the past 2 months.
    Haha ditto. I'm trying to budget for the GS2 when it eventually gets to att so I managed to sell my captivate and got a cheap 9700 to hold me over till then. Buying phones when you're student is tough
    09-12-11 10:51 AM
    Will come back to BB when QNX is rocking.
    Chrisy likes this.
    09-12-11 06:52 PM
    ridsel, how are you liking the Bionic? I'm still eligible for an upgrade discount, but not sure if I should pull the trigger on it, or wait for the rumored Prime; thanks, in advance.
    09-12-11 09:25 PM
    My 4th upgrade this year. LOL

Only had the Torch 9800 for a few weeks, love Bridging it with my PlayBook but I need a real Browser and 4"+ LCD.

Always when the hTc's EVO so now I have the Rogers 3D.

Let's see how long I can hold on to this with Apple releasing iPhone in a few weeks. LOL
    09-16-11 04:05 PM
    I upgraded my desire to a HTC Merge today...upgraded it to 2.3.4...runs really nice!
    09-16-11 08:26 PM
    On Tuesday, I traded in my BlackBerry Torch + �20 for a HTC Desire Z. What a phone!
    Chrisy likes this.
    09-29-11 05:18 PM
    On Tuesday, I traded in my BlackBerry Torch + �20 for a HTC Desire Z. What a phone!
    Congratulations! Welcome to the Android family!

Posted from my HTC Merge at wapforums.crackberry.com
    09-29-11 05:34 PM
    Welcome to the club 'leeds..I had the DZ as well awhile back and it was a great phone. Only reason I switched was I realised I wanted a bigger screen and that I never used the physical keyboard anymore..so wanted a thinner virtual only. Well..maybe I also wanted some dual core goodness lol..
    09-29-11 09:30 PM
    I finally got my HTC desire z today, loving it!!!!!
    Moving from blackberry so might take a few days to get used to

Sent from my HTC Vision using Tapatalk
    Chrisy likes this.
    10-04-11 10:07 AM
    I finally got my HTC desire z today, loving it!!!!!
    Moving from blackberry so might take a few days to get used to

Sent from my HTC Vision using Tapatalk
    It takes a few days to get familiar with the device and how it's set up. I was surprised at how fast I got used to the keyboard though.
    10-04-11 12:16 PM
    I got a nook a few months ago. Rooted and dual booting cm7 and honeycomb.
    Its pretty nifty, but I'd be lying if I said I thought Android was better than BBOS.

Sent from my NookColor using Tapatalk
    10-04-11 12:24 PM
    The ear piece speaker started to go bad in my Bold 9650 so...

I ordered myself an Android phone yesterday. It should be here today. I chose the HTC Wildfire S, mainly because it was free. I'm a little worried that it might be under powered a little with only a 600MHz processor but it's still a little faster than my BB.

I decided to give Android a try mostly out of curiosity. I have no complaints whatsoever with BB. Just want to see how the other half lives for a while.

I expect to have an educational and entertaining experience.

I'm trying to not let BlackBerry bias get in my way.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    10-27-11 11:24 AM
863 ... 3132333435
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD