Let's go ahead and sticky this as a placeholder.

Instead of 1000 threads, let's keep it all in one area.

1 more day!

MOD EDIT:

With the release of the Droid soon getting closer and closer. Once you received your new phone post on up here with initial reactions and impressions and PICTURES! Store info, prices, general release info.

Thx

Mod Edit #2: This is for all Android devices.
    11-05-09 09:56 AM
    I agree; please.
    Mods shall we?
    11-05-09 10:01 AM
    Umm no I guess you haven't noticed how many people post on this forum. Let the 6 people have there posts .... Wow

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    11-05-09 10:25 AM
    Umm no I guess you haven't noticed how many people post on this forum. Let the 6 people have there posts .... Wow

If I were stuck with an S1, I'd be bitter too!
    11-05-09 10:28 AM
    Worst part of being a VZW employee is being forced to order phones online. Retail stores can't touch our accounts, so we have to get all our phones through our online employee phone program website.

If I'm able to order a Droid tomorrow (assuming there's plenty of stock for employees), I won't get it til Monday (unless I can pay a little extra for FedEx to deliver it on Saturday, which I don't see an option for).
    11-05-09 10:41 AM

After tomorrow this forum will have a lot more people in it.
    11-05-09 10:43 AM

What a tool, this forum has as many users in it as the storm forums did before the luanch last year.
    11-05-09 10:44 AM
    Worst part of being a VZW employee is being forced to order phones online. Retail stores can't touch our accounts, so we have to get all our phones through our online employee phone program website.

If I'm able to order a Droid tomorrow (assuming there's plenty of stock for employees), I won't get it til Monday (unless I can pay a little extra for FedEx to deliver it on Saturday, which I don't see an option for).
    That stinks! That's exactly why ordering online wasn't an option for me. What good is paying for the phone on Friday, and not being able to tinker with it all weekend?
    11-05-09 10:45 AM
    If I were stuck with an S1, I'd be bitter too!
    ill have mine at around 7:30 am . I'm just saying no need to sticky this in a forum that actaully needs more peeps. Mho

11-05-09 10:50 AM

Why does it seem that the Droid bashers cannot get THEIR "they're, there and their" correct?
    11-05-09 10:51 AM
    I guess he want's the extra attention?
    11-05-09 10:52 AM
    After tomorrow this forum will have a lot more people in it.
    a lot of people are jumping ship on these forums as well. I'd love to see more people stay on these forums.

11-05-09 10:53 AM
    I tried all options too.

In order to get the Droid, I'm adding my sister to my account, buying the Driod at the promo price through our employee phone program, and then doing an ESN swap so she can have my Tour and I'll take the Droid.

I thought about having her go into a retail store tomorrow morning, creating an account with the Droid, and then do an assumption of liability which would put her on my account, do an ESN change, and then swap the phones again. But we're backed up with the assumption of liability forms, so that'd probably take 3-4 weeks which is not an option.

Kinda sucks having to order all phones online, but the 50% monthly access discount makes up for it.
    11-05-09 10:55 AM
    I am picking mine up tomorrow morning at 9:30, at the local Best Buy. The first browser test I will is going to be logging on to this site, and posting in this thread!

SWEET! Less than 24 hours to go!
    11-05-09 11:00 AM
    im picking mine up at the verizon store 5 blocks from my house. 8AM. Goodbye bbm you will be missed.
    11-05-09 11:05 AM
    Make sure you guys post some unboxing pictures!
    11-05-09 11:18 AM
    I'm gonna join my parent's family plan, so I think I have to go in to the store with one of them to sign up. Guess that means I have to wait until lunch time if I want to get the phone. I'm a little wary of just cancelling my AT&T plan and swapping right over to Verizon with no chance of going back.
    11-05-09 11:40 AM
    I'm in the same boat for getting my phone. Employees can't buy at the store and they need to be ordered via the website. Here's hoping they let me do a Saturday delivery, cause that would be epic.

The one plus side is that we don't have to mail in rebates because of the online instant discount. Saving $100 at the start is worth waiting 2 days.
    11-05-09 11:41 AM
    I'm gonna join my parent's family plan, so I think I have to go in to the store with one of them to sign up. Guess that means I have to wait until lunch time if I want to get the phone. I'm a little wary of just cancelling my AT&T plan and swapping right over to Verizon with no chance of going back.
    You've got 30 days.
    11-05-09 11:42 AM
    If I order my Droid online will I have the option for overnight shipping?

11-05-09 12:04 PM
    Yes, you will have the overnight to ship overnight. It might even be free.
    11-05-09 12:06 PM
    I wont have mine til the afternoon, unless my friend goes into work early since I am giving him the comission and i have class @ 10am.

I'm psyched regardless.
    11-05-09 12:34 PM
    Well, I received mine Tuesday, 11/3/09 around 9:30am, and I've been loving it so far. No, unboxing pics, but if you have any questions, ask here, or pm me. I've made a few comments here and there somewhere on the CB site lol.
    11-05-09 12:48 PM
    I guess I want to know if the Outlook syncing is bad or it just is slower than BBerry?
    11-05-09 12:53 PM
    Umm - I thought this was a BlackBerry site ....
    11-05-09 12:53 PM
863 123 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD