07-30-10 10:27 PM
    Nice find thanks. That is gonna be awesome. What I did notice is the add smoothness in the 3D graphics. Christmas comes early. Can't wait to see this on the X
    07-31-10 08:50 AM
    Nice find thanks. That is gonna be awesome. What I did notice is the add smoothness in the 3D graphics. Christmas comes early. Can't wait to see this on the X
    I hope it comes this week also. I highly doubt it though. I really thing Verizon is going to push this "End of summer" update. I love the X, but if the update doesn't happen before my 30 days, I may return the device and just wait for 3.0.
    07-31-10 12:55 PM
    Thanks for the link. Looking forward to this dropping on my DINC soon!
    07-31-10 01:49 PM
    Great find.
    I came close to installing leak but holding off for official that should drop Monday
    07-31-10 01:50 PM
    I dig androidcentral but that wasn't their best review. Some of the widgets for example they mentioned as new (profiles for example) exist now in the 2.1 OS.

That said.. there will be plenty of goodness in 2.2 with the new speed (jit something or other) and of course full flash.

One cool thing in that vid that Phil seemed to not draw attention to.. the search widget rotated to the right for landscape there. Currently things only landscape when rotated to the left and more specifically.. that search widget doesnt rotate at ALL for me. Yet in froyo it's rotating to the right.. I hope this is something that is present in a lot more apps!
    Last edited by kcmoberry; 07-31-10 at 04:58 PM. Reason: proofreading, lol
    07-31-10 04:57 PM
    Doesn't seem to be much new functionality in Froyo and that's cool as long as battery life and stability get a nice boost. The quadrant score is a little disappointing as I'm averaging about 1290 on my X. On the other hand, that linpack score is awesome!
    08-01-10 12:37 PM
    Doesn't seem to be much new functionality in Froyo and that's cool as long as battery life and stability get a nice boost. The quadrant score is a little disappointing as I'm averaging about 1290 on my X. On the other hand, that linpack score is awesome!
    Froyo on the X or for the other high end devices. That's gonna be like putting turbo on it.............
    08-01-10 04:57 PM
    Is this for the Incredible too, or just the Motos?
    08-01-10 06:06 PM
    Is this for the Incredible too, or just the Motos?
    I would assume it would be since it was installed on the HTC Evo.
    08-01-10 06:20 PM
    Old news. Practically everyone on Androidcentral is running 2.2 already. hahaha,
    There were like 3 pages of new topics in a few hours about it. Got tiring reading all them. lol

It speeds up the phone pretty well i will say that. Page transitiions are better, loading apps list it much snappier.

Batt life is back to **** again like with the first build on release day, but Im sure they will fix this again. Lots of partial wake locks on Android system so its keeping the phone from really sleeping. Sure it has to do with the CPU clocking a little higher now. I see mine sit at like 700mhz most of the time instead of dipping low like 2.1
    08-02-10 10:19 AM
    Can someone test something for me on their Evo please? I remember some lag when
    just opening a contact through the contact list. On Froyo, let's say you click on
    "Mike" in the contact list, does "Mike" come up quicker than it did on 2.1? That was
    my biggest gripe when I had the Evo. Had some lag when opening things like a
    contact or a compose e-mail.
    08-02-10 12:20 PM
    Can someone test something for me on their Evo please? I remember some lag when
    just opening a contact through the contact list. On Froyo, let's say you click on
    "Mike" in the contact list, does "Mike" come up quicker than it did on 2.1? That was
    my biggest gripe when I had the Evo. Had some lag when opening things like a
    contact or a compose e-mail.
    that was a major gripe for me too. Also in SMS it did this.
    I can say it comes up immediately now in 2.2
    08-02-10 12:59 PM
    that was a major gripe for me too. Also in SMS it did this.
    I can say it comes up immediately now in 2.2
    Yes, SMS too! It was really frustrating. Sometimes the message wouldn't
    even come up. Thanks for checking.
    08-02-10 01:09 PM
    I wish that I had used the benchmark when I was on 2.1, but I have the regular motorola droid overclocked to 1ghz and I scored 1351 (on updated quadrant release). You should have no problem when the update comes out.
    Last edited by gabead; 08-02-10 at 02:20 PM. Reason: grammar
    08-02-10 02:18 PM
    Yes, SMS too! It was really frustrating. Sometimes the message wouldn't
    even come up. Thanks for checking.
    interesting. I will certainly pay attention to this when I update. I think it's pretty fast right now. I clicked a contact and essentially could say "one one thousand" and it was open. was yours much more delayed than that or is this what was considered slow. if so I guess things should be bordering on instantaneously with the update. cool

beyond the obvious (jit, flash, apps to sd card!!) i'm really looking forward to being able to rotate the phone to the right for landscape as well now. always seemed silly this one present before. also bluetooth hands free dialing and reports of improved video recording. hopefully i will see for myself tomorrow.
    08-02-10 06:11 PM
    I wish that I had used the benchmark when I was on 2.1, but I have the regular motorola droid overclocked to 1ghz and I scored 1351 (on updated quadrant release). You should have no problem when the update comes out.
    The Evo wont get that much higher Quadrant scores, just like the Incredible wont from the Quadrant update. I've been reading most Evos are in the 1300's right now. Big difference from what it use to be.
    08-02-10 06:18 PM
    It's out! Get your download on EVO brothers and sisters!

http://www.androidcentral.com/evo-4g...ushing-out-now
    08-02-10 08:04 PM
    one more thing. I love 4G in KC!!! Just jamming along in this download.
    08-02-10 08:09 PM
    when i was on 2.1 i benchmarked 585 lol...terrible...here is my new one

new boot screen
    08-03-10 02:39 PM
    Boot screen is killin me rofl
    08-03-10 03:21 PM
    when i was on 2.1 i benchmarked 585 lol...terrible...here is my new one

Not bad for stock build & stock kernel. I'm hitting 1500+ with CM6/Snap3...hopefully stock kernel source drops soon so netarchy can build a 100% working fps fix kernel for 3.26

new boot screen
    Did you get that from my collection over at XDA-Devs?

xda-developers - View Single Post - [SPLASH] Custom Splash Screens by 12MaNy
    Last edited by 12MaNy; 08-03-10 at 04:07 PM.
    08-03-10 04:04 PM
    Not bad for stock build & stock kernel. I'm hitting 1500+ with CM6/Snap3...hopefully stock kernel source drops soon so netarchy can build a 100% working fps fix kernel for 3.26

Did you get that from my collection over at XDA-Devs?

xda-developers - View Single Post - [SPLASH] Custom Splash Screens by 12MaNy
    nope. one of the guys from AC made a 2.2 ROM, which is the one i'm using, and that is the splash screen.
    08-04-10 08:40 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD