Say you have a Gmail account, a POP account, and an Exchange account, all being accessed from the same Android phone. When you set up notifications, does each different email account have its own notification settings?

In other words, could you set your Gmail account to make one noise, your POP account to make a different noise, and your Exchange account to make a third noise? Or would they all have the same notification sound?

I will be using the Gmail app for my Gmail, and the native Mail app (HTC Sense 2.1) for both POP and Exchange.

Thanks.
    04-20-10 12:40 PM
    i'm looking forward to seeing what response you get from current Android users.
    04-20-10 02:13 PM
    i'm looking forward to seeing what response you get from current Android users.
    As am I. That's actually a good question.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    04-20-10 02:39 PM
    I had gmail using the gmail app and exchange in the default mail app up on my Droid and had separate notifications. I'm using the desire SenseUI port on the Droid now and it looks like it only allows you to turn on/off notifications in the mail app but you can't specifiy a specific sound.
    04-20-10 02:47 PM
    Each email has its own notification. The settings for each are as follows, notification on/off, notification ringtone, and vibrate on/off.
    04-20-10 02:48 PM
    Great. Thanks for the answers.
    04-20-10 02:52 PM
    I had gmail using the gmail app and exchange in the default mail app up on my Droid and had separate notifications.
    Do either of those email apps for Android devices have the same bug that the Gmail app has on the Curve 8330 -- where every other line is broken down to a few characters?

Example - a paragraph becomes this after the email is sent:
    Hi folks. Thanks for responding to
    my email request
    for information about usability and
    bug reporting.
    I currently expect the 'go live' date
    to remain
    firm at the first of the month. Although,
    your continued
    contributions are necessary to make that
    happen.
    04-20-10 03:34 PM
    I haven't run into that issue on either the stock 2.1 or 2.1 with Sense. Everything looks just like it would if you logged into the web client. One difference I did notice was that you can add a signature in the default email client which I don't think was possible on stock 2.1.
    04-20-10 03:44 PM
    I haven't run into that issue on either the stock 2.1 or 2.1 with Sense. Everything looks just like it would if you logged into the web client. One difference I did notice was that you can add a signature in the default email client which I don't think was possible on stock 2.1.
    Great! One more reason why I can't wait to ditch the Curve. hehe

Thank you for the feedback, PJ.
    04-20-10 05:10 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD