Hey guys, I've been searching the net a bit this morning trying to find out some info but I'm not having any luck. So I thought I'd come and ask the users directly here on the good ole crackberry forums.

As the title states, I am not an Android user and haven't even tried one yet but I do have some questions... so first off:

1. Does the Android OS have any native IM apps aside from maybe GoogleTalk? I consider my self a heavy messenger type more than a heavy texter as I'm always typing away on BBM, YM & WLM.

2. How much data would you say you average to date? I ask this just because I know that there are lots of widgets one can have on the phone and I assume that information is constantly being sent back and forth. This would also help me to get an idea of what type of data plan I would need to get.

Thanks in advance.
    12-14-09 11:52 AM
    Hey guys, I've been searching the net a bit this morning trying to find out some info but I'm not having any luck. So I thought I'd come and ask the users directly here on the good ole crackberry forums.

As the title states, I am not an Android user and haven't even tried one yet but I do have some questions... so first off:

1. Does the Android OS have any native IM apps aside from maybe GoogleTalk? I consider my self a heavy messenger type more than a heavy texter as I'm always typing away on BBM, YM & WLM.

2. How much data would you say you average to date? I ask this just because I know that there are lots of widgets one can have on the phone and I assume that information is constantly being sent back and forth. This would also help me to get an idea of what type of data plan I would need to get.

Thanks in advance.

1. I am being a little lazy, but also since I don't use IMing services I can't 100% answer you but her eis a link that says you can. There is probably a lot more info out there, but I am blocked here at work from searching a lot of sites.
    Android Community Forums - View Single Post - Instant Messaging App

2. Intersting, I can't find a call time log or data log on the phone. But regardless, the data package is 29.99 either way, right?
    12-14-09 12:32 PM
    1. I am being a little lazy, but also since I don't use IMing services I can't 100% answer you but her eis a link that says you can. There is probably a lot more info out there, but I am blocked here at work from searching a lot of sites.
    Android Community Forums - View Single Post - Instant Messaging App

2. Intersting, I can't find a call time log or data log on the phone. But regardless, the data package is 29.99 either way, right?
    Thanks for the link. In regards to the data package, is there a limit on that or is that unlimited? Unfortunately, here in Canada, prices are very different so I have to ask.

I was hoping thought that the phone would have some area where you could check what your data usage is...
    12-14-09 12:48 PM
    Thanks for the link. In regards to the data package, is there a limit on that or is that unlimited? Unfortunately, here in Canada, prices are very different so I have to ask.

I was hoping thought that the phone would have some area where you could check what your data usage is...
    Oh, I c, you are in Canada. I don't know anything about their data pricing, sorry. Maybe someone knows how to check usage on teh phone, if not I can check my verizon later and see what I have used the past 2 months.
    12-14-09 02:15 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD