Can't add my yahoo account to the Nexus? Anyone else have this issue?
    01-10-10 02:16 AM
    the droid's have the same issue...you must purchase yahoo plus for it to work
    01-10-10 04:48 AM
    My friend had the same issue with his samsung moment, try these settings.

you need to go to manual set-up then choose imap then use these servers

Imap server - imap.mail.yahoo.com

SMTP Server- smtp.mobile.mail.yahoo.com

it worked for the moment.
    01-10-10 07:28 AM
    I'd use app word's K9 Mail, set to check every 5. Seems to be better than the built in client.

Yes, use above mentioned settings:

Incoming:
    Port 143
    Security: None

Outgoing:
    SMTP Server- smtp.mail.yahoo.com

NOTE: I personally use "smtp.yahoo.com" myself, havent tried the "mobile", any particular difference you know of Mr. Radowiec? Can try adding the mobile as mentioned, I haven't.

Port 25
    Security: None.

This setup works well for me.

I receive mail promptly (pulls every 5), sends it fairly fast.

It doesn't always delete/sync with server side properly as I sign in and it initially says I have a bunch of email and I get in and they did actually sync and no nail is there that I've deleted via mobile. So, it basically works, just a quirk here and there. I also get weird "drafts" in my draft folder server side. But, that's what you get when you're playing "side step the Google" I guess.

What I wouldn't give to have real push email ala Blackberry and a good IM program... sigh... Can't wait till BB steps up with a real competitor... I'll be ack on BB fast.

This pull stuff does eat at the battery more.
    01-10-10 09:39 AM
    My friend had the same issue with his samsung moment, try these settings.

you need to go to manual set-up then choose imap then use these servers

SMTP Server- smtp.mobile.mail.yahoo.com

it worked for the moment.
    I used these settings as well but it doesn't seem to work on WiFi. Totally a deal breaker for me. There's no reason why I should not be able to sit home and receive my emails and I'm not getting into having to turn the wifi on and off depending on where I am at. But I'm not sure who's to blame for this. Must be some licensing on proprietary thing. It's the same thing with Outlook how you need to install ypops to set your mail up if you don't have a plus account.
    01-10-10 12:48 PM
    You also could get a blackberry and not have any of these problems. Sorry couldn't resist.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    01-10-10 12:55 PM
    Here's a link to a youtube video walkthrough of setting up your yahoo email on your Nexus One:

http://forum.androidcentral.com/goog...nexus-one.html

Just follow the instructions and you can have all the yahoo email the law allows on your Nexus
    01-10-10 01:26 PM
    You also could get a blackberry and not have any of these problems. Sorry couldn't resist.

Haven't had to do a battery pull in the four days Ive had my Nexus...so there!
    01-10-10 01:28 PM
    Haven't had to do a battery pull in the four days Ive had my Nexus...so there!
    Better web experience too I hear, BUT we still got ya with email and communication tools.
    01-10-10 09:36 PM

I already have one, BOLD 9700.
    01-10-10 09:38 PM
    Better web experience too I hear, BUT we still got ya with email and communication tools.
    not exactly.... you have BBM thats about it.

i did a side by side test with my droid and my girls tour on BES.

i setup the same email accounts on both. 1 Gmail and 1 Exchange

the droid recieved the gmail emails 9 out of 10 emails faster the the berry. Most of these were pretty close within a few seconds of each other.

then with exchange the droid got the emails 10 out of 10 times faster then the berry. Not just by a few seconds most were about 30-45 seconds faster.

this was done without wi-fi.
    01-11-10 11:01 AM
    Setting up email thru BIS is definately a better way to go for email. The one thing I do miss is the ease at which email is set up, etc.

I also miss the immediate email reception. For me, Gmail takes about 2 minutes on the Nexus. Sometimes it comes in immediately too but not as often as on my 9000.

However, this has always been RIM's selling point. BUT there is so much more to a smartphone that I hadn't even realized. Just take trapster for example. It feels like it was MADE for the Nexus. On my 9000, it feels forced and dumbed down in comparison. Web browsing, like you say, is far superior on the Nexus. It offers so much in general that waiting a few minutes for email is worth it to me. I can see where this wouldn't be acceptable for business users.

Frankly, just the free google navigation has been worth the move to the Nexus for me. Feels like a truly professional GPS turn by turn navigation.

I still have a soft spot for BlackBerry and always will(I still have my Pearl and 9000 and will never let go of them)but now that I've seen what is truly possible on a smartphone I can't see myself going back to the BB UI and OS.

edit: couple other points to keep things straight up:

The speakerphone on the 9000 BLOWS the Nexus away. I will miss those premium speakers on the Bold 9000 BIG TIME.

The build quality on the Nexus is the best I've experienced. It feels expensive and premium throughout. My 9000 feels cheap in my hand compared.
    Last edited by Marine One; 01-11-10 at 11:38 AM.
    01-11-10 11:25 AM
    Well...BIS is all fine and dandy until RIM has their monthly outages..........
    01-11-10 11:41 AM
    Actually, no you don't... you just think that you do. lol
    01-11-10 02:17 PM
    If you mean push email, then yes. But actual email functions, no.
    01-11-10 04:12 PM
    So far, I haven't received one truncated email on this Droid thing... It's just painfully hard to type a reply (tho Swype has REALLY helped) Hehe...
    01-12-10 09:58 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD