With the Nexus S 3G going for $0 with a 3-year term at Telus I was tempted to ditch my old BB for this Android phone when I saw that the Nexus 4G was announced with even better features blowing the Nexus S out of the water. This phone won't come to the fall, but for many of the current Android users, what keeps you from having phone envy with the new Android devices that come out?
    06-19-11 06:17 PM
    Pick a device out and enjoy it. I recently got the thunderbolt and i know something else better will come soon but I'm not going to worry about it. I like this device and will use it until my next upgrade. I suggest you do the same. :-)
    06-19-11 07:06 PM
    Simple choice, Nexus S.
    06-19-11 07:37 PM
    Nexus 4G...The Nexus S is not supposed to be too great, battery life's terrible on it too, plus why not have 4G?
    06-19-11 08:56 PM
    Nexus 4G...The Nexus S is not supposed to be too great, battery life's terrible on it too, plus why not have 4G?
    Battery is not terrible on the GSM Nexus S, and as long as youre ok with 3G speeds its quite a nice handset. There is too little certainty with the next Nexus model- if you like the Nexus S, go for it.
    06-19-11 09:45 PM
    When I'm referring to the Nexus 4G, I'm referring to the model that was just announced to be Dual Core, not the Nexus S 4G.

I'm in Canada, and they haven't been rolling out 4G similar to the US. Plus, they are simply upgrading their HSPA to HSPA+ and calling it 4G, so the speeds are nothing like what you folks in the US are seeing with the LTE and WiMAX networks.
    06-19-11 10:40 PM
    When I'm referring to the Nexus 4G, I'm referring to the model that was just announced to be Dual Core, not the Nexus S 4G.

I'm in Canada, and they haven't been rolling out 4G similar to the US. Plus, they are simply upgrading their HSPA to HSPA+ and calling it 4G, so the speeds are nothing like what you folks in the US are seeing with the LTE and WiMAX networks.
    they aren't the same... Canada has faster speeds
    06-19-11 10:49 PM
    Canada has faster speeds
    How can this be? LTE and WiMAX are much much faster than HPSA+.

A friend of mine has an HTC Evo 4G, and his cellular data throughput in Southern California is faster than my Telus ADSL on my home computer.
    06-19-11 11:34 PM
    How can this be? LTE and WiMAX are much much faster than HPSA+.

A friend of mine has an HTC Evo 4G, and his cellular data throughput in Southern California is faster than my Telus ADSL on my home computer.
    LTE is only on one carrier and isn't everywhere at this present moment. WiMax isn't that fast either. From what I've seen some users from Rogers Wireless post, it's faster in Canada.
    Theldonn likes this.
    06-20-11 01:10 AM
    LTE is only on one carrier and isn't everywhere at this present moment. WiMax isn't that fast either. From what I've seen some users from Rogers Wireless post, it's faster in Canada.
    Looks like I'll wait for a HSPA+ phone then! Thanks!
    06-20-11 09:25 AM
    Actually I went and picked up the Nexus S. Pretty happy with it so far. Now I can comfortably watch the new technology come out instead of sitting there with the "should I get it or wait mentality."

Bye-bye BB, we've had some good memories.
    06-20-11 02:15 PM
    How do I stay happy with my current device? I look to see how much of an upgrade its successor is. My Evo is not even a year old (July). When the new 3D was announced I planned to jump on that and ditch my Evo. I've decided to wait on either the next Evo after the 3D or the next good Nexus device. My birthday was last week and the wife even offered to let me use her upgrade to get the new Evo 3D this week. I've decided to pass. It's not too much of an upgrade to me besides dual core, 3D(not interested), and more internal memory. The original evo is still a good phone that I anticipate with continue to be supported by devs so i'm good for now.
    Last edited by ReggieTee; 06-20-11 at 09:24 PM.
    06-20-11 09:21 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD