Nexus1 is NOW available on AT&T! I wonder how they managed to release this version before VZW's version....Also what a Kick in the teeth/slap in the face to the ppl who purchased the unlocked version to use on AT&T on release day (NO 3G)....
    Nexus One Phone - Web meets phone.
    Last edited by YaBoiD; 03-16-10 at 12:11 PM.
    03-16-10 11:48 AM
    Nexus1 is NOW available on AT&T! I wonder how they managed to release this version before VZW's version....Also what a kick in the teeth to the ppl who purchased the unlocked version to use on AT&T on release day (NO 3G)....
    Great news. I think the hold up on the VZW version is the fact that they're offering plans through Google.com/Phone similar to T-Mo's.
    03-16-10 11:52 AM
    Using your link it is available at the 529 PRICE so it is not a kick in the teeth since the VZW phone will be a subsidized price....
    03-16-10 11:59 AM
    I think I'm gonna finally order one!

Edit: ordered!
    Last edited by SM05; 03-16-10 at 02:01 PM.
    03-16-10 12:09 PM
    Using your link it is available at the 529 PRICE so it is not a kick in the teeth since the VZW phone will be a subsidized price....
    Please re-read my post. I stated its a kick in the teeth for ppl who had originally purchased the unlocked version (with Tmobile 3G bands) for use on AT&T since they have had no 3G bands at that time.
    03-16-10 12:10 PM
    Lo @ Spring 2010! Isn't 2100mhz able to work for Vodafone? So technically it should be compatible. Sorry if I'm wrong about the frequency.

Why is it a shocker they got it before Verizon? All they had to do is change the UMTS frequencies. Verizon = CDMA, so they'll have to do more testing than they had to do with the AT&T version.
    03-16-10 12:14 PM
    Do you think this gives any validity to the Sprint Nexus One rumors?
    03-16-10 12:21 PM
    An unlocked CDMA phone should be able to work on both Verizon and Sprint. However, the problem lies with getting the phone on Sprint's network - they will have to approve the device for use and whitelist it. This means that the ball is in Sprint's court.
    03-16-10 12:25 PM
    I really hope so. I dont want to really have to change carriers...
    03-16-10 01:11 PM
    Didnt the Nexus start off on Tmo w/o a subsidized option?
    03-16-10 01:40 PM
    Didnt the Nexus start off on Tmo w/o a subsidized option?
    No, they've always had 2 options...
    03-16-10 02:10 PM
    Will this version work with Bell/Telus HSPA 3G Networks?

I need this confirmed before ordering, thank you.
    03-16-10 03:35 PM
    Will this version work with Bell/Telus HSPA 3G Networks?

I need this confirmed before ordering, thank you.
    Yes. 3G 850/1900 is AT&T, Rogers and Telus
    03-16-10 05:30 PM
    Nexus1 is NOW available on AT&T! I wonder how they managed to release this version before VZW's version....Also what a Kick in the teeth/slap in the face to the ppl who purchased the unlocked version to use on AT&T on release day (NO 3G)....
    How is it a slap in the face to those of us who ordered them day 1? They released it on T-Mobile first, and were also very clear in the specifications it didn't support AT&T's 3G bands.

Now that the AT&T 3G band version is ready hardware wise and FCC wise they released it with Verizon's version to come shortly. Should I freak out Verizon is getting it and it's a slap in the face to my uncle's brother's aunt because she has Sprint?
    03-16-10 05:34 PM
    Lo @ Spring 2010! Isn't 2100mhz able to work for Vodafone? So technically it should be compatible. Sorry if I'm wrong about the frequency.

Why is it a shocker they got it before Verizon? All they had to do is change the UMTS frequencies. Verizon = CDMA, so they'll have to do more testing than they had to do with the AT&T version.
    Exactly what I was going to post. It's no surprise that it came to AT&T before Verizon.
    03-16-10 06:29 PM
    Will the Nexus One work on an AT&T Blackberry data plan, or does it require its own data plan? Thanks
    03-16-10 07:51 PM
    Will the Nexus One work on an AT&T Blackberry data plan, or does it require its own data plan? Thanks

It should be able to as the BlackBerry data plan has both RIM's data plan & the carrier's data plan (the latter is used for streaming).
    03-16-10 08:04 PM
    I'm deciding whether I should order it now or wait til' I sell a couple of phones.
    03-16-10 08:05 PM
    Thanks for the info on the data plan.

I think I'm going to give it a whirl. My Bold is an incredibly useful phone, but I need a toy (no life). Just worried about not having a keyboard.
    03-16-10 08:23 PM
    Guess I'll be selling my N1 ASAP lol. Check marketplace soon.
    03-16-10 08:25 PM
    Yeah as Duvi said it should work fine. I'm just wondering if the same thing will start to happen when trying to use an iPhone on a BB data plan now. Right now, AT&T sends out an email and text message letting you know they know you have the incorrect data plan for the device you are using. Not sure if it will happen here as well, but be on the lookout because they have really started to try to crack down on this in the past few months.
    03-16-10 09:00 PM
    It should be able to as the BlackBerry data plan has both RIM's data plan & the carrier's data plan (the latter is used for streaming).
    I agree, I think you can use android phones on a BB plan (for now), but not vice versa. When checking out the backflip, it allowed me to stick with my BB data plan. The dif with iphone is that they have their own plan...there is not yet an android specific plan.

And seriously, like other said, why is it a big deal ATT version came out before VZW? It is only a hop/skip from the Tmo version, while CDMA is something totally different. And whoever purchased it already knew what they were getting into, so doubt they consider themselves slapped.

I'm excited abt this though! I hope a subsidy comes soon...and even if it doesn't, just means we are 1 step closer to seeing the next droid phone on ATT!!!

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    03-16-10 09:22 PM
    I've been using the Nexus One on my blackberry plan for about 3 weeks now and no problems. Even switched sim back and forth a few times and not a single issue.
    03-16-10 09:22 PM
    Heck you could use the nexus on the basic att data plan.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    03-17-10 07:04 AM
    I couldn't find an insurance plan... I'm not going to drop $530 on a phone and have to worry about dropping it the next day.
    03-17-10 10:44 AM
28 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD