Verizon HTC Incredible or Nexus One Release Date April 12th? (leaked email)

This article shows a leaked e-mail that talks about the release date of these two deices. The soonest this e-mail says is april 12th, so two days? Or maybe it's in May?
    04-10-10 09:27 PM
    It's more then likely going to be these two... Project Pink Turtle and Pure spotted again, headed to Verizon Wireless � Boy Genius Report

Who wants to bet me?
    04-10-10 09:52 PM
    I'm hoping for at LEAST the nexus one...could care less about the project pink stuff
    04-10-10 10:04 PM
    SUX no GLOBAL support
    04-10-10 10:07 PM
    I'm hoping for at LEAST the nexus one...could care less about the project pink stuff
    Nexus One is gonna own. I don't care for any of that Sense UI crap. All it does it eat away at the battery and I don't need HTC's bloatware all over my phone.
    04-10-10 10:11 PM
    Nexus One is gonna own. I don't care for any of that Sense UI crap. All it does it eat away at the battery and I don't need HTC's bloatware all over my phone.
    Agreed. I hate the over-cluttered UI. Android 2.1 is the way to go! So much customization.
    04-10-10 10:49 PM
    Agreed. I hate the over-cluttered UI. Android 2.1 is the way to go! So much customization.
    I really never understood what people liked in Sense UI.....
    04-10-10 10:53 PM
    I really never understood what people liked in Sense UI.....
    But you can get the incredible, and I'm sure after a couple of days you'll be able to switch and have your Incredible without sense
    04-10-10 11:00 PM
    But you can get the incredible, and I'm sure after a couple of days you'll be able to switch and have your Incredible without sense
    If the Incredible didn't have Sense then I'd be happy. I'm sure some developer will find a way to completely remove it. Till then, it's Droid and Nexus for me.
    04-10-10 11:02 PM
    I will most likely get the Incredible. I got all I need in stock android in my Droid, but have never had an HTC phone nor one with Sense.

I will keep my Droid and keep my Incredible and keep on modding them both for a long time.
    04-11-10 12:14 AM
    I've heard that Sense UI is an option - like a preloaded (and probably the default) theme. Supposedly you can choose to run with the stock Android 2.1 UI.
    04-11-10 08:52 AM
    I've heard that Sense UI is an option - like a preloaded (and probably the default) theme. Supposedly you can choose to run with the stock Android 2.1 UI.
    I've seen that too, but I've also heard people report that the option to go back to stock 2.1 was removed in the final versions of the Desire.

Also, Sense is more than just a UI - they have various services and such sitting in the background, eating up memory and CPU.
    04-11-10 09:29 AM
    Geez i thought people loved the Sense UI!!! Now i'm confused, I just got my Droid Eris(temporary until the incredible comes out just couldn't wait any longer to have a Droid and deal with ATT's horrible network) and I don't think there is anything wrong with the Sense UI. Why do people dislike it?
    04-11-10 10:48 AM
    Yeah, I will pick up the Incredible, would like to try out the Sense UI. If I don't like it, I can always go back to the Droid.
    04-11-10 11:09 AM
    I've read that Sense eats up battery life like crazy ang the stock Android is better for making your battery last longer. Anyone have any experience with this? I am deciding between getting the Droid and the Incredible but I'm really concerned with battery life in both coming from a Storm 2. Any help?

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    04-11-10 11:18 AM
    I've read that Sense eats up battery life like crazy ang the stock Android is better for making your battery last longer. Anyone have any experience with this? I am deciding between getting the Droid and the Incredible but I'm really concerned with battery life in both coming from a Storm 2. Any help?

You can't compare battery life on your Storm to any Android. android will last way more for sure.

I don't know why people hate Sense. You have so many options to play with in it. If you are scared about the battery problem when running on Sense, all you have to do is kill most widgets like Facebook. Twitter, etc... Sense allows you to have many more screens and widgets open at the same time, but if you choose not to open that many you should be fine.
    04-11-10 11:41 AM
    Can't wait for the incredible or nexus one!

04-11-10 12:09 PM
    i also don't understand why people are hating on the new sense ui. not sure where they're getting all this info about it slowing down the device and sucking battery life. the people with an htc desire or legend seem to love it. the vids i've watched and reviews i've read say sense is a very nice layer to the android os.

can't wait to try out the new sense on the incredible. should be sweet.
    04-11-10 01:12 PM
    It's a nice layer, but an unnecessary one, IMO. What does it add? Not much when compared to Android 2.1, which I think looks good on it's own.
    04-11-10 01:14 PM
    from what i've seen the new sense has some nicer widgets (like the email and sms), makes the ui transitions smoother, adds 7 screens stock, has the cool helicopter view thing to preview all of your screens at once. sense basically adds a lot of things to the stock ui that a lot of people with stock 2.1 end up getting after market apps in order to do. nothing wrong with 3rd party apps, but it seems htc has really optimized the sense ui stuff better than 3rd party developers have for android 2.1.

but i guess we won't really know until we have the device in hand. i'm very comfortable with my droid, and it won't be going anywhere, but i'm also very interested to try out the incredible and see what the new sense ui is about.
    04-11-10 01:25 PM
    Sal are you a fan of android over BB now? I really value your opinion.

04-11-10 03:18 PM
    No way will the Increible or the N1 is getting released tomorrow. Maybe announced...something to the effect of "coming soon" but not released. I'm no one to really hear anything but from everything I've seen looks like maybe the last week of April for the Incredible and maybe May for N1
    04-11-10 06:03 PM
    It's not coming out tomorrow so I will say it again, go play golf or chase some guys or woman or both.

This hype for these phones reminds me of the Storm 2 when it came out. I will go out on a limb and say that when the Nexus comes out, many will drop what they have and buy it and many who do this will go back to their Motorola Droid or Eris. At the end of the day, the hype and novelty will wear off and you will realize that it's simply not worth switching out the Motorola because of the cost and basically, a wasted upgrade.

Trust me on this folks....happens all of the time. Hype is addictive. Look at all of the poor Storm 2 folks that fell for the way overblown hype only to be disappointed afterwords.

Peace.
    04-11-10 06:17 PM
    Sal are you a fan of android over BB now? I really value your opinion.

I'm becoming slowly but surely a huge fan of Android, but I still NEED to have a Blackberry as my main phone
    04-11-10 06:36 PM
    No way will the Increible or the N1 is getting released tomorrow. Maybe announced...something to the effect of "coming soon" but not released. I'm no one to really hear anything but from everything I've seen looks like maybe the last week of April for the Incredible and maybe May for N1
    I know I wish the Incredible was coming out tomorrow I'm dying to get it!
    04-11-10 06:37 PM
31 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD