If you have WSJ you can read the rest, but here it is...

Google has designed a cellphone it plans to sell directly to consumers as soon as next year, according to people familiar with the matter.

The phone is called the Nexus One and is being manufactured for Google by HTC Corp., these people said. It runs Android, the operating system for mobile phones that Google developed, they added.

Google to Start Selling Own Phone Without Wireless Partner by Next Year - WSJ.com

The rest basically says how Google will sell it by itself instead of selling it with a carrier. Google Voice anyone?
    12-12-09 06:54 PM
    Isn't Nexus a shampoo?
    12-12-09 07:12 PM
    NO its a conditioner
    12-12-09 07:25 PM
    Cant wait for this phone... ill divorce my droid for it
    12-12-09 09:01 PM
    The good thing about Google is that I won't have to see any more annoying commercials about their phone that they are going to release.
    12-12-09 10:12 PM
    You'll lose your house in the divorce.

(It's a GSM phone).
    12-13-09 10:46 PM
    Does not really look all that interesting... to me at leas, perfectly content with my Droid
    12-13-09 10:48 PM

The phone is called the Nexus One and is being manufactured for Google by HTC Corp., these people said. It runs Android, the operating system for mobile phones that Google developed, they added.

Google to Start Selling Own Phone Without Wireless Partner by Next Year - WSJ.com

The rest basically says how Google will sell it by itself instead of selling it with a carrier. Google Voice anyone?
    Ummm. The HERO and the ERIS are both Android HTC phones....
    and the NEXUS ONE will be coming to T Mobile. lol
    12-13-09 10:51 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD