Wow check this out. You will only be able to purchase this on Google's website too. Alot of sites where saying they would be in the VZW store. http://www.androidcentral.com/nexus-...verizon-stores
    03-12-10 08:36 AM
    Well I may just go with the Desire; since it says it will have the same kinda interface......
    03-12-10 08:56 AM
    No doubt. When will the desire be out?
    03-12-10 09:05 AM
    Well that does it for me if no in house servive I will wait for the incredible to be released..
    03-12-10 09:07 AM
    No doubt. When will the desire be out?
    My bad I meant HTC Incredible..........

I just posted this link in another thread but if this is true....wow

Verizon HTC Incredible pics and specs | AndroidSPIN | Your No.1 source for Android news.
    03-12-10 09:14 AM
    The N1 is a Google branded phone, meaning it cannot have anything outside of the stock Android installation preinstalled (i.e. no custom UI/firmware).

This is either a typo, or someone faked the picture (perhaps modified the HTC Incredible's listing?)
    03-12-10 09:18 AM
    ^ correct. the n1 will not have sense ui running on it out of the box.

to be honest, i don't think google will sell many n1's on vzw if the htc incredible is released ahead of it or shortly after.
    03-12-10 09:33 AM

Verizon HTC Incredible pics and specs | AndroidSPIN | Your No.1 source for Android news.
    Holy isht, TP. If these specs are right, Incredible really will live up to its name. Hope they're right!
    03-12-10 09:34 AM
    Holy isht, TP. If these specs are right, Incredible really will live up to its name. Hope they're right!
    I love my Droid but those specs are irresistable.
    It is nice having imo a physical keyboard
    03-12-10 09:37 AM
    to be honest, i don't think google will sell many n1's on vzw if the htc incredible is released ahead of it or shortly after.
    It's tempting, but the underclocked processor doesn't do it for me. To each their own, however.

EDIT---
    Proof of underclocking: Latest news on HTC Incredible includes underclocked processor (Phone Arena News)
    Last edited by Mr. Spontaneous; 03-12-10 at 09:47 AM. Reason: Added link with proof of underclocking
    03-12-10 09:44 AM
    It's tempting, but the underclocked processor doesn't do it for me. To each their own, however.

EDIT---
    Proof of underclocking: Latest news on HTC Incredible includes underclocked processor (Phone Arena News)
    I played with the incredible and its just as fast as the N1 - underclocked processor makes no noticeable difference at all.
    03-12-10 09:50 AM
    I played with the incredible and its just as fast as the N1 - underclocked processor makes no noticeable difference at all.
    Did you do a load test? I don't think the increased power would be apparent if you were just flipping through the OS.
    03-12-10 09:55 AM
    As much as everyone complains about the DROIDs keyboard, I don't mind it.

And I'd rather have a poor keyboard than no keyboard.

The DROID is phone enough to keep me sated for now.

Knowing Android, it'll have another ridiculously well specced phone out within 4 months.

The incredible looks good, but I'm content with my N1 and DROID.
    Last edited by xxxxpradaxxxx; 03-12-10 at 10:04 AM.
    03-12-10 09:57 AM
    Ohhhhh did u now...
    Care to elaborate; hummmmmmm?
    Is the screen slightly wider than the Droids?
    03-12-10 09:58 AM

Knowing Android, it'll have another ridiculously well specced phone out within 4 months.

The irresistable looks good, but I'm content with my N1 and DROID.
    So u have both huh; cool.
    I guess I will follow suit possibly getting the Incredible
    03-12-10 09:59 AM
    So u have both huh; cool.
    I guess I will follow suit possibly getting the Incredible
    You don't remember me posting all those pictures when I first got my N1?
    03-12-10 10:02 AM
    I didn't compare the size to the droid but the droid's screen def seems long to me and this one didn't, so it probably is a bit wider. I only had it for about 30 seconds though.

I didn't do a load test and don't know what that is.
    03-12-10 10:07 AM
    You don't remember me posting all those pictures when I first got my N1?
    I was thrwon off by your new avatar. Sooooorrrrryyyy
    03-12-10 10:42 AM
    I didn't compare the size to the droid but the droid's screen def seems long to me and this one didn't, so it probably is a bit wider. I only had it for about 30 seconds though.

I didn't do a load test and don't know what that is.
    Thanks; don't worry about the load test.
    Maybe because it's wider it may make it seem shorter.
    They are sayin that the screen size is 3.7"
    Load test may mean how much the cpu can bear.
    I'm just a psuedo geek
    03-12-10 10:43 AM

EDIT---
    not really concerned about the difference in clock speed. i also think it's a different processor than the one used in the n1, not just an underclocked version. regardless, the phone is probably fast enough already and root access should allow overclocking. for example, my rooted & oc'd droid is very fast. faster than a stock n1 (don't know anyone with a rooted and oc'd n1).

The incredible looks good, but I'm content with my N1 and DROID.
    having a physical keyboard is also a big plus for me. even though i don't use it very often on my droid i really like the option and convenience of having it.

there's so much i can do with my current android phone that i really doubt i'd make a switch to the incredible. that said, i will try it out. when all is said and done i'll probably end up sticking with the droid until an updated version is released or some other android phone with a physical keyboard comes out. i guess we'll see...
    03-12-10 01:13 PM
    I love my Droid but those specs are irresistable.
    It is nice having imo a physical keyboard
    I don't want a physical keyboard and don't like the design of the Droid. I'm chomping at the bit; my Storm 1 is a corpse next to these phones....

All these conflicting specs, hard to know what will actually be the case. I console myself by believing that all this talk means a release might be close.
    03-12-10 01:39 PM
    not really concerned about the difference in clock speed. i also think it's a different processor than the one used in the n1, not just an underclocked version. regardless, the phone is probably fast enough already and root access should allow overclocking. for example, my rooted & oc'd droid is very fast. faster than a stock n1 (don't know anyone with a rooted and oc'd n1).
    While they may have taken it above the N1's stock rate, the Droid loses a lot of stability as it nears 1 GHz. The N1 has been rooted and overclocked as high as 1.113 GHz without crashes.

But, as I've stated elsewhere, there comes a certain point were you start to see diminishing returns from clock speed improvements. For current-gen applications, I think we've reached that mark.
    03-12-10 02:51 PM
    I figured it was to good to be true, but maybe that page is the altered incredibles
    03-12-10 05:36 PM

If those specs are true then I will buy that thing no questions asked. I love my Droid but those specs are insane. That will definitely last me until LTE.
    03-12-10 05:39 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD