Anyone else waiting for this bad boy? I'm practically foaming at the mouth for it. The worst thing that could happen is T-Mo releasing it without a camera flash like they did with the Vibrant and Vibrant 4G. I need my camera flash!

Samsung GALAXY S II
    04-08-11 06:43 PM
    I wont buy a Samsung device until they leave it vanilla. The NS doesn't count either since my carrier doesn't have it. They also need to improve their build quality before I touch a plastic device again.

Also, I'd rather have Orion than Tegra.
    04-08-11 06:51 PM
    The new TouchWiz 4.0 looks pretty cool in demos. I agree about the build quality, though. HTC smokes it. I had the Vibrant for a few months and it was really nice...but the gps problems and lack of camera flash ruined it for me. When I put the phone in a semi-flexible gel case it felt solid, at least.
    04-08-11 06:56 PM
    I don't like samsung's hardware (personally) or their support...

Imo you're better of with either HTC or motorola...
    04-08-11 07:09 PM
    I have a friend with a Fascinate and he's still waiting for his device to be updated to Froyo.

I personally don't like Touchwiz because IMO it's a blatant iPhone UI ripoff.

I'm sure the Galaxy S2 will be a great device but with Samsung's track record, I'm sure there will be many complaints with the GS2 as well.
    04-08-11 07:39 PM
    I have a friend with a Fascinate and he's still waiting for his device to be updated to Froyo.

I personally don't like Touchwiz because IMO it's a blatant iPhone UI ripoff.

I'm sure the Galaxy S2 will be a great device but with Samsung's track record, I'm sure there will be many complaints with the GS2 as well.
    Touchwiz did drive me nuts with the iPhone clone, but 4.0 looks very different.

Samsung Galaxy S2 TouchWiz 4.0 Special Features Demo [EXCLUSIVE] | Android Community

The original galaxy s phones came out with eclair when new phones were typically coming out with froyo. This will come with gingerbread so it won't need updating for awhile. As long as everything works on it, so there won't need to have, say, a gps fix (that sucked) it should be ok.
    04-08-11 07:52 PM
    I have no problems whatsoever with my current Galaxy S, I like touchwiz and think touchwiz 4.0 looks better than htc sense,and the Galaxy S2 will be my next phone.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    04-08-11 11:07 PM
    Yup, love my Captivate now and am totally getting this bad boy when it arrives. Hoping Rogers gets it right around when my plan is due to expire.
    04-08-11 11:21 PM
    Even though Samsung and Verizon haven't released Froyo, for the Fascinate, the dev community got a hold of it a while ago, and have released some very nice roms. Using SC2.9.2, myself. I absolutely love my Fascinate, and imo, it's the best looking phone on the market, bar none. The Super Amoled screen is gorgeous, and the design of the phone is stunning. Super slim, and great looking. I'm so satisfied with it, in fact, that even though I'm due for an upgrade in June, if the S2 isn't out by then, I'm willing to wait until it is.
    Last edited by Spotmark; 04-09-11 at 12:09 PM.
    04-09-11 07:32 AM
    I will not touch TouchWiz. The only skin I will use is Sense, but I also wont touch a HTC device until they get their battery life together. I'll probably be sticking with iOS until-

1. Moto stops locking bootloaders or using Blur
    2. HTC make a device with battery life that's worth a damn
    3. Samsung ups their build quality and support.
    04-09-11 10:40 AM
    I will not touch TouchWiz. The only skin I will use is Sense, but I also wont touch a HTC device until they get their battery life together. I'll probably be sticking with iOS until-

1. Moto stops locking bootloaders or using Blur
    2. HTC make a device with battery life that's worth a damn
    3. Samsung ups their build quality and support.
    What does #1 or #2 have to do with the topic of this thread?
    04-09-11 11:04 AM
    It has some sick looking hardware, but touchwiz isn't appealing at all to me.
    04-09-11 11:10 AM
    What does #1 or #2 have to do with the topic of this thread?
    AVT said he'd stick w/ iOS until one of the following happened. That will determine what device manufacturer he will go w/ next.
    avt123 likes this.
    04-09-11 11:26 AM
    AVT said he'd stick w/ iOS until one of the following happened. That will determine what device manufacturer he will go w/ next.
    Meh, regardless, talk about HTC and Moto in a thread about the Samsung doesn't make sense to me. Sounds to me like he's simply not a fan of Android phones and should stick with the iPhone.
    04-09-11 11:32 AM
    I use LaucherPro Plus, and don't even know TouchWiz is there.
    04-09-11 11:34 AM
    Meh, regardless, talk about HTC and Moto in a thread about the Samsung doesn't make sense to me. Sounds to me like he's simply not a fan of Android phones and should stick with the iPhone.
    And it sounds to me like you have absolutely no clue what you are talking.
    04-09-11 12:03 PM
    And it sounds to me like you have absolutely no clue what you are talking.
    Oh, and why is that?

Sorry, did I ruffle a few feathers by calling someone out for posting OT in this thread?

04-09-11 12:05 PM
    Oh, and why is that?

Sorry, did I ruffle a few feathers by calling someone out for posting OT in this thread?

You ruffled no feathers. You obviously don't know me. If you did, you would know I am a fan of Android and I prefer the OS over all the others. I have said it before and I will say it again, I am waiting for an Android smartphone with 2.4 that will support dual core for the OS. Until then, I am happy with my iPhone, Droid X combo. I was happy with just my Droid X as well, which is an Android device.

And who cares if I posted 2 things that were OT. My post still stuck to the topic since I did talk about Samsung. Or did you not like that part because you own a device from that manufacturer?
    04-09-11 12:09 PM
    Fair enough avt...
    04-09-11 12:10 PM
    I am one of the biggest Android supporters on this forum. I do however criticize all manufacturers and OSs equally. It helps me stay out of platform fanboy status.

I'm a fanboy of competition and innovation instead. <3
    pantlesspenguin and lssanjose like this.
    04-09-11 12:15 PM
    I'm a fanboy of competition and innovation instead. <3
    A-freakin'-men!!!
    04-09-11 12:22 PM
    I did have the the Fascinate, but went back to the X. Reason being is because of the slow updates, other than that it was a a nice phone.

I will be getting the Bionic, and a resounding HE!! yes I will probably give this phone a try especially if it has the super amoled screen. This is gonna probably be a kick arse phone.
    I am more comfortable with dropping kernels and the like on devices now
    so I will give it a go.

One definite upside to this device is if they go with the super amoled screen.
    It does not wash out in direct sunlight.
    04-11-11 09:07 AM
    Apparently it's going to be super amoled PLUS! Not quite sure what the difference is. I'll google it.

ETA: Here's a good link: Super AMOLED Plus
    Last edited by pantlesspenguin; 04-11-11 at 09:20 AM.
    04-11-11 09:13 AM
    All new high end Samsung devices have SAMOLED Plus. I believe their Bada line is using it now as well.
    04-11-11 12:24 PM
    I definitely can't wait to see the screen in person. Also, I got a raise today & would LOVE to celebrate by getting my grubby mitts on this beast asap!
    04-11-11 04:43 PM
31 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD