FCC says hello to Samsung Galaxy S | Android Atlas - CNET Blogs

the galaxy S has got the go ahead from the FCC Sunday! Looks like AT&T is a go!
    04-12-10 05:37 PM
    Too bad AT&T screws up Android on their devices.

The Motorola Backflip featured a severely crippled version of Android that had Yahoo locked as the default search provider, the Google Experience apps were hidden in favor of AT&T bloatware, and the phone didn't allow third-party non-Android Market apps to be installed.

The Dell Aero (AT&T's next Android phone) was reported by those who got review copies to be very similar.

So, although the Samsung Galaxy S looks like the heir to the Android superphone throne (G1 -> Droid -> Nexus One -> Galaxy S), I'm a bit disappointed it's going to AT&T. And AT&T is my own carrier and I'm jonesing for an Android phone bad. But I'm not going to be buying one if it's a locked down iPhone-like experience.

I covered this work. I hate when people shill for their own crap on forums, so I won't link to it here.
    04-12-10 05:50 PM
    You'll probably be able to root and put your own custom rom on them anyways. Not too much of a worry for me.
    04-12-10 07:06 PM
    You'll probably be able to root and put your own custom rom on them anyways. Not too much of a worry for me.
    Yeah, that's always a possibility.

Plus AT&T is allegedly aware of the backlash against their modifications to Android, so they might free the Samsung Galaxy S up a bit.

I might get a Nexus One anyway (since I made another thread about it ), but darn, that 4-inch screen on the Galaxy S will be sweet.
    04-12-10 10:20 PM
    Verizon should have picked that handset. They always pick the ishtty ones for some reason.
    04-13-10 08:16 AM
    Verizon should have picked that handset. They always pick the ishtty ones for some reason.
    I think it's because Samsung didn't want to redesign the phone for CDMA networks.
    04-13-10 09:31 AM
    Couldn't find any details on this device other than the 4" screen and 1 GHz processor...
    04-13-10 11:31 AM
    okay... I guess there are no specs out there.
    04-17-10 12:05 PM
    Any word on if AT&T is getting this? It's a nice looking device.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    04-30-10 10:50 AM
    too bad its going to ATT.... they have the most craptacular network of all.
    04-30-10 03:05 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD