https://www.kickstarter.com/projects...ged-smartphone

Things are not looking too good for the Unihertz TickTock.

With only 631 backers and 7 days left to go, this is an all-time low for them.
    I thought they met and surpassed their goal long ago, read the link again.
    12-31-21 09:21 PM
    I thought they met and surpassed their goal long ago, read the link again.
    Their "goal" is set to $12,000 USD which is completely laughable. Manufacturing a phone takes a bit more than that.
    01-03-22 08:08 PM
    Their "goal" is set to $12,000 USD which is completely laughable. Manufacturing a phone takes a bit more than that.
    What was it for the Pocket?
    01-03-22 08:15 PM
    What was it for the Pocket?
    About $49,800 USD, and they got $794,000 USD from early backers.
    01-03-22 10:09 PM
    https://www.kickstarter.com/projects...ged-smartphone

Things are not looking too good for the Unihertz TickTock.

With only 631 backers and 7 days left to go, this is an all-time low for them.
    Now 619 backers. People are giving up...
    01-04-22 12:27 AM
    About $49,800 USD, and they got $794,000 USD from early backers.
    And goal was achieved within first hour or so. I know it took me quite a while to finish my pledge. Too many people were trying the same as me at the exact same moment...

But this new TickTock is a miss, imho. After kickstarter ends, I don't think many more people will order it...
    01-04-22 12:30 AM
    Anyone else notice how app updates are late on Titan Pocket?
    Sometimes even more than a month, sometimes two months.
    I allways update apps manualy, every few days, when I open Play store. But on Pocket, they are allways late. For the last 6-7 days there were no updates. Right now, I opened Play store to see if there is an update waiting and I see that Adobe acrobat reader got updated on oct 27th and it appeared just now...
    And that happens all the time. All apps appear at least 7 days after they got updated from their publisher.

Anyone else notices this behaviour?

And, another thing started to misbehave. When I take a picture, it takes 10-15 seconds for it to appear in gallery. Why?!
    01-05-22 10:48 AM
    I allways update apps manualy, every few days, when I open Play store. But on Pocket, they are allways late. For the last 6-7 days there were no updates. Right now, I opened Play store to see if there is an update waiting and I see that Adobe acrobat reader got updated on oct 27th and it appeared just now...
    And that happens all the time. All apps appear at least 7 days after they got updated from their publisher.

And, another thing started to misbehave. When I take a picture, it takes 10-15 seconds for it to appear in gallery. Why?!
    I am not experiencing this so far. I usually get a notification every other day to update some apps. We'll see how it goes.
    01-05-22 01:22 PM
    What I find more concerning is that Unihertz apart from a minor firmware update to iron out some bugs, so far did not release a single security update for the Titan Pocket. The Original Titan was supported much better
    01-05-22 01:57 PM
    What I find more concerning is that Unihertz apart from a minor firmware update to iron out some bugs, so far did not release a single security update for the Titan Pocket. The Original Titan was supported much better
    eh not surprised at all really. Their security support was never great. and when was the last Titan OG update?
    01-05-22 01:59 PM

I believe most developers weren't doing much updating over Christmas/New Years 2 weeks. Over 5 separate Android devices, I went several days until yesterday having no Android updates for a pretty large app library I have. I actually thought Google was holding updates in queue.....
    01-05-22 02:37 PM
    My Titan Pocket arrived today. I have a stupid question, How do you type a $ on the device?
    It's not an Alt key option on the PKB, and the on screen keyboard that pops up also doesn't show it?
    01-05-22 08:41 PM

I believe what you're seeing is the play store showing when YOU last updated the app - not when the dev did.
    01-05-22 08:54 PM
    My Titan Pocket arrived today. I have a stupid question, How do you type a $ on the device?
    It's not an Alt key option on the PKB, and the on screen keyboard that pops up also doesn't show it?
    Hmm, I forget. Isn't there an arrow key of some sort on the symbols keyboard to show another set of symbols? What if you press SYM key more than once?
    01-05-22 08:55 PM
    You press the SYM key on the PKB, and a list of symbols appears on the VKB.
    01-06-22 07:04 AM
    No, it is when they updated, but for me it offers update much after they released it. In some cases I noticed it is over 2 months later.
    01-06-22 12:33 PM
    Hmm, I forget. Isn't there an arrow key of some sort on the symbols keyboard to show another set of symbols? What if you press SYM key more than once?
    What Saint300 said. BlackBerry kb adds a third page of Sym. First BlackBerry kb sym page is customizable. I have $ symbol set to sym(M). Just left of "enter". Feels familiar there. I don't recall native kika kb config, tho.

Do recall that kika had two pages of sym. Press sym twice for second page. Pretty sure it had $ sym on one of those two pages. Don't recall exactly where, tho. Slept since then. Lol.
    Last edited by idssteve; 01-06-22 at 02:18 PM.
    01-06-22 01:58 PM
    Pocket keeps decreasing "Ring & notification volume" on its own. Cant figure out how that's happening. Missing calls. Any ideas for locking settings? Or??
    01-06-22 02:04 PM
    I kinda feel bad for Unihertz.

Only 10 hours left of the TickTock Kickstarter campaign and only 611 backers.

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects...r_youve_backed
    01-06-22 07:59 PM
    I kinda feel bad for Unihertz.

Only 10 hours left of the TickTock Kickstarter campaign and only 611 backers.

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects...r_youve_backed
    The Pocket results were bad enough. This one is a disaster.
    01-06-22 08:22 PM
    The Pocket results were bad enough. This one is a disaster.
    I wouldn't say the Pocket results were "bad" when comparing with their other products, given that a keyboard phone usually doesn't appeal as much as a VKB one. Though I understand we could expect better performance due to it being the only QWERTY phone of 2021. But if most people haven't heard of BB (in recent years), they sure as heck haven't heard of Unihertz.

Here are the total number of initial Kickstarter backers for Unihertz products:

Jelly - 10,964

Atom - 5,310

Titan - 3085

Atom XL - 2,341

Jelly 2 - 5,323

Pocket - 3425

TickTock - 610
    01-06-22 08:30 PM
    Aren't "periods, commas, dashes." available via "alt "?

Amazingly, % & ; etc demand VKB. I set up "sym" to make those available strictly via PKB...
    Still haven't taken time to get BB KB working again after a "reset". Planning to asap, tho.
    Here's a quote from a previous post about getting "sym" working. Very handy, imo.

"Once BB kb "sym" is functional (setting to default, etc) goto:

Settings, System, Languages & input, On-screen keyboard, Blackberry Keyboard, Advanced, Symbol layout customization, Physical keyboard, Customize layout, ...

Not buried deeply? Lol.

From there, you can select symbols, punctuation, emojis, etc that'll insert with pressing sym then various keys. If that makes sense?

for example, I have "sym" + "L" set for "&". "sym" + "P" = "%", "sym" + "Y" = "=", lol. Etc.

Tap the desired symbol to darken it (I clicked with bluetooth mouse but same) then tap key location where you want that symbol.

If suitable symbols can't be found amongst the collections provided, the furthest right collection permits custom unicode entry for other symbols. Unicodes found here:

https://unicode-table.com/en/sets/mathematical-signs/

I assembled a collection of engineering oriented symbols but, as you'll see, there's quite a variety available.

End result? NO glass involved to insert those punctuations, symbols, etc. !!! I can now insert a semicolon ";" by pressing "sym" + "J" without being forced to look! !! AND many others!

Happy steve. Lol."
    This post, along with a the https://mega.nz/file/1BlESSRb#vqvIam...ClEdrzXTd0sP9k link have been SO helpful, but I keep losing them. Is there anyway to make this information a sticky somewhere in the Android subforum? I'm sure this would be a great benefit to lots of TP users out there as it was to me.
    01-06-22 08:32 PM
    I wouldn't say the Pocket results were "bad" when comparing with their other products, given that a keyboard phone usually doesn't appeal as much as a VKB one. Though I understand we could expect better performance due to it being the only QWERTY phone of 2021. But if most people haven't heard of BB (in recent years), they sure as heck haven't heard of Unihertz.

Jelly - 10,964

Atom - 5,310

Titan - 3085

Atom XL - 2,341

Jelly 2 - 5,323

Pocket - 3425

TickTock - 610
    It doesn't look good though. The Atom dropped 50%, the Jelly dropped 50%, the Titan Pocket didn't gain appreciably over the Titan OG in terms of units (but dropped a lot in dollars), and the TikTok is a horror show. I don't think Unihertz would be very happy. I wouldn't be surprised if they pulled the plug.
    01-06-22 08:41 PM

Jelly - 10,964

Atom - 5,310

Titan - 3085

Atom XL - 2,341

Jelly 2 - 5,323

Pocket - 3425

TickTock - 610
    If we compare similar Unihertz models:
    Jelly/2- 16,287
    Atom/XL- 7,651
    Titan/P- 6,510

The Jelly has been a success, presumably for its size.

The Atom seems to have lost some interest, I'll presume it is because the walkie-talkie function would be a special niche market, and it's cost.

There is definitely a relationship between cost and the phone. The first Jelly was just over $100, and sold the most. The Jelly 2 was $200, had half the sales. The Atom was more, $280/$330, and sold just slightly more than the Titan series. The original Titan is the most expensive, yet it sold more than the Atom XL, their 2nd most expensive phone. The Pocket has already outsold the Titan according to the above numbers, and is less expensive than the Titan. Yes, the PKB is definitely a "niche" market as most prefer screen real-estate than having a pkb, but I'd say once cost, and time on the market are included, the Pocket is doing quite well. It's been out less than a year and already outsold the Titan. How many more of these phones does Unihertz sell after the kickstarters? I don't know.

I've had interesting comments about my Titan, one person said "I've never see one of these before", others think it's a Blackberry. I am SO HAPPY typing on this thing. I think I'm even faster on the TP than I was on the Q10. The keys are slightly less "clicky" than the Q10 and Classic. I just wish they were sculpted a little more, or had dots on the F and J keys so I could find the home position. Having this Pocket makes me hate VKB even more.
    the_boon and gouger05 like this.
    01-06-22 08:53 PM
    It doesn't look good though. The Atom dropped 50%, the Jelly dropped 50%, the Titan Pocket didn't gain appreciably over the Titan OG in terms of units (but dropped a lot in dollars), and the TikTok is a horror show. I don't think Unihertz would be very happy. I wouldn't be surprised if they pulled the plug.
    The Pocket is 17% cheaper ($300] than the Titan ($350).

The Pocket got 13% (3485) more initial backers than the Titan (3085).
    01-06-22 08:54 PM
3,710 ... 127128129130131 ...