04-02-21 08:03 AM
    The third one this year (maybe). Seems like there's still enough demand for PKB to keep producing sich phones. Bravo!
    04-02-21 09:28 AM
    The third one this year (maybe). Seems like there's still enough demand for PKB to keep producing sich phones. Bravo!
    Only if people reserve in advance or will Unihertz actually produce quantities for actual carrier support?
    04-02-21 09:55 AM
    Only if people reserve in advance or will Unihertz actually produce quantities for actual carrier support?
    There's essentially no way that this new device which looks sleeker (and even more like a BB) than the Titan isn't getting the successful kickstarter funding, when the Titan managed to.

Well, assuming BB ltd's patent lawyers don't get in the way.
    04-02-21 10:03 AM
    There's essentially no way that this new device which looks sleeker (and even more like a BB) than the Titan isn't getting the successful kickstarter funding, when the Titan managed to.

Might be some sculpting on those keys.... see some shadow difference in the middle of the keyboard.

But I doubt BB Ltd's patent lawyers are going to care.... it would be whoever BlackBerry is in negations with right now to buy this IP, and how quickly they turn to their own monetization efforts. Might be another tech company that doesn't care about smartphones at all, or it might be some investment group that will need every dollar they can get.

But I fully expect keyboard are in the patents they are selling off and that BlackBerry isn't going to be getting much out of on going IP - as Chen mentioned. So little point in harassing Unhertz, unless the sale is in question.
    04-02-21 10:33 AM

I'm referring to level of demand isn't known until crowdfunding starts because nothing is produced initially until targets are hit. The demand isn't really demand represented by a press release at this point. Due to OM press releases, I don't think much of any PKB news announcement from anyone.

I do give Unihertz credit for production attempt, however, the device is worthless for me since it lacks a carrier level certification and support.

Regarding BlackBerry patents, unless they've violated any patents, Unihertz should be good.
    04-02-21 10:58 AM
    I'm referring to level of demand isn't known until crowdfunding starts because nothing is produced initially until targets are hit. The demand isn't really demand represented by a press release at this point. Due to OM press releases, I don't think much of any PKB news announcement from anyone.

I do give Unihertz credit for production attempt, however, the device is worthless for me since it lacks a carrier level certification and support.

Regarding BlackBerry patents, unless they've violated any patents, Unihertz should be good.
    If you are on T mobile all their phones work fine, on AT&T they tell you yes but let the games begin. If you can stay away from any company that only supports their phone.
    bh7171 and Old_Mil like this.
    04-02-21 01:08 PM
    Interesting should be a nice phone, not a barn burner but middle of the road. Funny when I was asked by their design team what kind of keyboard I thought was tops, I sent them a picture of a Classic. Lets hope it comes forward.
    04-02-21 01:10 PM
    If you are on T mobile all their phones work fine, on AT&T they tell you yes but let the games begin. If you can stay away from any company that only supports their phone.
    I've got nine (9) current lines with AT&T with zero (0) issues plus two (2) current lines with T-Mobile with only slight intermittent coverage issues and one (1) VZW line with zero (o) issues as well.

Really, T-Mobile coverage has improved greatly for me on this side of town and service issues I think are related to specific factory unlocked device issues and TMO lines are prepaid where AT&T lines are postpaid.

I'll know better as I'm moving back to my old hood of 35+ years which doesn't have the greatest coverage for all the carriers. Because of all the old tree canopies and foliage, it's literally about who's towers are closest and side of the street you're on. This will be my 5th residence in a 3mi X 2mi N/S/E/W boundaries. We shall find out soon if any carrier stands out.
    04-02-21 01:42 PM
    I've got nine (9) current lines with AT&T with zero (0) issues plus two (2) current lines with T-Mobile with only slight intermittent coverage issues and one (1) VZW line with zero (o) issues as well.

Really, T-Mobile coverage has improved greatly for me on this side of town and service issues I think are related to specific factory unlocked device issues and TMO lines are prepaid where AT&T lines are postpaid.

I'll know better as I'm moving back to my old hood of 35+ years which doesn't have the greatest coverage for all the carriers. Because of all the old tree canopies and foliage, it's literally about who's towers are closest and side of the street you're on. This will be my 5th residence in a 3mi X 2mi N/S/E/W boundaries. We shall find out soon if any carrier stands out.
    Well we had a total of 289 phones multiple issue and over charged. We cut our bill in half with no service issues. 30 years of customer loyalty was worth about 3 cents. If it works for you great my experience is different
    bh7171 likes this.
    04-02-21 01:55 PM
    It's not even a question that it will reach its kickstarter goal, since the form factor/design seems to be more widely appealing than the Titan's was.
    The possible growth of demand for a new PKB phone that isn't the KEY2 or Titan should help this even more, compared to the Titan's kickstarter phase of 2019 when the KEY2 and LE were still fairly fresh.

the device is worthless for me since it lacks a carrier level certification and support.
    Are you sure you don't have any more room on that coffee table?
    anon(5597702) and RCJ28 like this.
    04-02-21 03:12 PM
    With more light...
    Attached Thumbnails Unihertz Titan Pocket Megathread-ex9qtpdvgaahe07-01.jpeg  
    04-02-21 03:22 PM
    With more light...
    I hope there's gonna be a big enough chin below that keyboard, seeing how the bottom there seems to curve in right under the Z key.

The spacebar looks very small, like on the Titan.
    04-02-21 03:54 PM
    With more light...
    Interesting for certain. I am hopeful OM knocks their PKB design out of the park. Seems a Key like device and Classic width with an optimized upper screen real estate would be darn near ideal. Of course it leads in security and privacy.

Find it peculiar that UniHertz can produce now multiple PKB devices and even gave the Titan a full OS upgrade. TCL really, really dropped the ball on support for the Key devices. Blew their opportunity to build upon each successive model in design and support. Wonder how their measly supported slabs are selling? One OS update just is not going to cut it anymore.
    the_boon, Bob80220 and eldricho like this.
    04-02-21 04:01 PM
    Pretty excited about this, actually. Thanks for sharing, boon!
    04-02-21 04:09 PM
    With more light...
    That looks like they keep the first row of buttons of the Titan with some adjustments - probably even with that weird fixed touch button in the center that serves as fingerprint sensor. Well, let's see.
    04-02-21 04:20 PM
    Is it April 7th or 4th of July?

Posted via CB10
    04-02-21 04:30 PM
    This will surely entice more than the Titan and since OM is nowhere in sight Im sure they will steal some people chomping at the bit for a keybaord right now.
    04-02-21 05:39 PM
    This is a nice surprise. Wasn't expecting anything till much later in the year. Anyone any clearer on the date? Is it April or July?
    anon(5597702) likes this.
    04-02-21 07:57 PM
    This is a nice surprise. Wasn't expecting anything till much later in the year. Anyone any clearer on the date? Is it April or July?
    YES
    04-02-21 08:12 PM
    Anyone any clearer on the date? Is it April or July?
    Certainly April, following the usual date-formatting in China. And I suppose that is just the day when details are unveiled and maybe a Kickstarter campaign starts
    04-03-21 12:52 AM
    If they took a peak at Classic, count me in for at least one as personal test drive.

Can this (does Titan?) support TMo's 600MHz band 71?

The name UniHertz collides with this engineer's sensitivities but... Lol... Heinrich Hertz did purportedly manage a sense of humor... Lol.
    04-03-21 09:37 AM
    If they took a peak at Classic, count me in for at least one as personal test drive.

Can this (does Titan?) support TMo's 600MHz band 71?

The name UniHertz collides with this engineer's sensitivities but... Lol... Heinrich Hertz did purportedly manage a sense of humor... Lol.
    @SteinwayTransitCorp the Big Dog might have an answer for you, he's using his Titan on T-Mo, apparently. But I guess we'll have to wait for some real specs on this new device before making too many assumptions.
    04-03-21 09:46 AM
    sign me up. hope it's a much more compact device this time. would also be nice to see a decent camera and non-mediatek processor.
    04-03-21 10:10 AM
    This will surely entice more than the Titan and since OM is nowhere in sight Im sure they will steal some people chomping at the bit for a keybaord right now.
    I was hopefully when the OM news first broke, but with how there is absolutely no update since I will almost certainly get the new Unihertz device. I have been using a Titan as my everyday device since Jan of 2020 and while it is not without some flaws it has greatly exceeded my expectations. If they made a knock-off of a classic or something I would be first in line. Really even a shrunk down version of the titan would be ideal.
    04-03-21 10:31 AM
3,710 123 ...