Saw a bunch of cool pixel phone stuff or even the cool new os stuff coming to only pixel phones. Anyone thinking about jumping ship?
    10-10-18 05:03 AM
    I saw a notch with a phone.

If you're gonna implement a notch, don't have a chin that's as tall as the notch itself.

It's a fail in terms of design.

If you're gonna buy a Pixel for an outstanding camera/android experience, just go for the 2 XL.

Like last year, Google laughs at Apple and then copies them with their later phone, it's so ridiculous. The year before, they laughed at them for removing the headphone jack, and then they removed it from the 2/XL. Smh
    10-10-18 05:54 AM
    They just made a double notch and double chin
    10-10-18 06:26 AM
    Sooo... I just recently got the key 2 however I cam efrom the pixel 2xl... I still have it currently debating if any of those new features makes me put the key 2 back on swappa.
    10-10-18 06:51 AM
    Sooo... I just recently got the key 2 however I cam efrom the pixel 2xl... I still have it currently debating if any of those new features makes me put the key 2 back on swappa.
    If you came from the Pixel 2XL to the KEY2, then you know what you did it for: The keyboard.

Buying another Pixel 1/2/3 won't change the all glass experience that made you leave it in the first place.
    10-10-18 07:19 AM
    Meh. Notches, round glass, etc. are not innovations. They are minor design tweaks. If you need a new phone and like the new Pixel, then buy it, but you're not missing out keeping a phone until at least the end of official support, which is 3/5 years for Android/iPhone.

Posted with my trusty Z10
    10-10-18 07:37 AM
    Meh. Notches, round glass, etc. are not innovations. They are minor design tweaks. If you need a new phone and like the new Pixel, then buy it, but you're not missing out keeping a phone until at least the end of official support, which is 3/5 years for Android/iPhone.

Posted with my trusty Z10
    OEM's R&D be like:

"Must...resist...copying Apple....no....we will not....copy....ah screw it, people will buy it anyway!"
    10-10-18 07:51 AM
    yeah i was torn but you guys are talking me into keeping it. I am just the type of person that likes trying the new stuff when it comes out or likes getting the new softwaer sooner rather than later. I had switched back to my pixel this morning to see if I miss anything and i have to say i like the size of the key 2. The main thing with the difference between phones for me then if we put away OS updates and features is the camera. Some people are able to take really good pictures with the key 2 I have taken amazing pictures on my pixel might test them both out today
    bobmoley likes this.
    10-10-18 08:27 AM
    yeah i was torn but you guys are talking me into keeping it. I am just the type of person that likes trying the new stuff when it comes out or likes getting the new softwaer sooner rather than later. I had switched back to my pixel this morning to see if I miss anything and i have to say i like the size of the key 2. The main thing with the difference between phones for me then if we put away OS updates and features is the camera. Some people are able to take really good pictures with the key 2 I have taken amazing pictures on my pixel might test them both out today
    I'm back and forth right now between the Key2 and the Pixel 2 XL loaded with the Hub on Fi. I really don't think there is a phone out there that even comes close to the Key2 in terms of speed and efficiency.
    the_boon and bcbbanga4l like this.
    10-10-18 08:37 AM
    It's actually funny that people keep saying that *all* other flagships have better cameras than the KEY2. To them I say: have fun with your mono sound recording on videos on the Pixel 3!
    10-10-18 12:11 PM
    I saw a notch with a phone.

If you're gonna implement a notch, don't have a chin that's as tall as the notch itself.

It's a fail in terms of design.

If you're gonna buy a Pixel for an outstanding camera/android experience, just go for the 2 XL.

Like last year, Google laughs at Apple and then copies them with their later phone, it's so ridiculous. The year before, they laughed at them for removing the headphone jack, and then they removed it from the 2/XL. Smh
    Did they laugh at Apple for removing the headphone jack or at HP? 'Cause the HP Veer was the first smartphone without a headphone jack.
    10-10-18 12:12 PM
    Did they laugh at Apple for removing the headphone jack or at HP? 'Cause the HP Veer was the first smartphone without a headphone jack.
    It was at Apple iirc
    10-10-18 12:50 PM
    Pixel 3 xl looks a damn iPhone. Lol. Nope!

Regular Pixel 3 not so bad but...4 GB of Ram? Seriously? Even my humble Key2 has that beat.
    10-10-18 01:18 PM
    real-time call-screening to text is the best new feature . Eventually it will make it to other Android phones via Google but that's really nice. Notch can be 'turned off' in developer settings if you wish. Also there are third party apps to turn off the notch for other Android notch phones.

https://imgur.com/a/e0flGpI
    10-10-18 01:52 PM
    The only phone that could lure me away is a new iphone.
    10-10-18 02:08 PM
    I just bought a Key2 on Friday. I can't believe how much I missed physical keyboard. it's amazing! came from motion which died 😥
    Vistaus and the_boon like this.
    10-10-18 03:12 PM
    congrats @hemodad

I just got the bbkey 2 last Friday absolutely love the keyboard. i currently also have the pixel 2xl that's what i left for the key 2. then i saw the Google event. with all their new photo software updates it's making me possibly backtrack and stay with my pixel and resell the key 2. i have been taking pics on both and have been using both back and forth the past weekend
    10-10-18 05:56 PM
    Anyone thinking about jumping ship?
    Nope... in fact, I ordered a Black KEY2 yesterday... 👍

Bob
    bobmoley and the_boon like this.
    10-10-18 07:42 PM
    Nope. A slab is a slab. If I choose to go back a slab then a mid range unit is all I need. The ridiculous cost of these high end devices is verging on insanity, considering one drop and it's finished.

2 to 1 aspect ratios (and more extreme) seem to be nothing more than a marketing gimmick for consumers to update existing serviceable devices. Then there is the whole matter of a notch. Bezel less / no chin, the notch may be required; but for the sake of fashionable copying of competition? No thanks.

These slabs will become attractive and useful when they can fold like a moto razor and fit in my pocket. Until then, the spec sheep can have all the fun.

Edit: having said all that, the first OEM to make a 5 in slab with no bezels / chin, running Android pie will have my interest. Gesture based with compact size would be interesting.

Posted via CB10
    the_boon likes this.
    10-10-18 08:46 PM
    No headphone jack, no expandable storage, massive notch that a plane could land on, and no 256GB+ option of internal storage. Given the other choices of Android phones that do offer those things missing, it makes no sense to buy a Pixel until the prices go down.
    10-11-18 04:00 PM
    Nope. The note 9 is doing the job well
    10-11-18 11:31 PM
    No headphone jack, no expandable storage, massive notch that a plane could land on, and no 256GB+ option of internal storage. Given the other choices of Android phones that do offer those things missing, it makes no sense to buy a Pixel until the prices go down.
    I think this year people will lean more to the smaller non-XL, non-notch Pixel 3
    10-12-18 01:06 AM