This might be of some interest to you Droid owners. Apparently this has been available for awhile now for all other Android devices, but support for the Droid was added on the 24th.

From Engadget Mobile

"We've already seen that the Droid is perfectly capable of implementing multitouch gestures in third-party apps, and the most high-profile (if not the most important, period) implementation of that is in a good web browser where non-stop zooming is a way of life -- especially when browsing sites designed for desktops. Dolphin -- which has been kicking around for a couple months in the Market -- has just added multitouch support on the Droid, which automatically makes it an interesting alternative to Android's mediocre (well, mediocre by WebKit standards, anyhow) built-in fare. Follow the break for a video overview -- or better yet, if you're running Android and you've got a couple fingers to spare, just check it out yourself."

Dolphin browser for Android adds multitouch support on Droid -- Engadget Mobile

OVERVIEW (Dolphin Browser)
    Last edited by cenloe; 11-30-09 at 02:00 AM.
    11-30-09 01:57 AM
    I think Dolphin Browser sucks, what's the big deal about pinch zoom.
    11-30-09 09:40 AM
    They misspelled "Android" on the first screen....
    11-30-09 09:56 AM
    I think Dolphin Browser sucks, what's the big deal about pinch zoom.
    +1

Same here except the tabs are nice. Everything else kinda sucks in the Dolphin browser. pinch zooming is not really important in a browser either. And the pinch zooming in the browser is overly sensitive.

It would be more useful in a picture app and in google maps.

Picsay is the only picture app that i've found but its more for modify pictures and not for general viewing.
    11-30-09 02:24 PM
    I have the eris and i like dolphin browser a lot. the tabs are nice ,the gestures (i know it seems like a gimmick) once you get to remembering them, they work really well. it is fast, very good browser overall.
    11-30-09 02:31 PM
    I hate that the Dolphin browser seems to open on pages and it's already zoomed. The tabs are a little nicer, but it's got some work to do.

I just dont get the big deal about "multi touch," at least with this app.
    11-30-09 04:08 PM
    +1

Same here except the tabs are nice. ...(
    The Droid browser has "windows" instead of tabs, but they function pretty much the same way.

I am not a fan of the pinch zooming. I like the double tap to zoom option.
    12-01-09 07:29 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD