Front facing camera, nvidia graphics acceleration, gyroscope all by the end of this year! Sure to have at least a few gigs of application memory. I'd say its really pushing the envelope, even though its sure to be standard by the end of 2011.

Well, that is, except for RIM.

Motorola wants a 2GHz Android by year's end, so do we -- Engadget
    06-10-10 02:50 PM
    Yea I want to go back to a Moto phone......
    06-10-10 03:20 PM
    Front facing camera, nvidia graphics acceleration, gyroscope all by the end of this year! Sure to have at least a few gigs of application memory. I'd say its really pushing the envelope, even though its sure to be standard by the end of 2011.

Well, that is, except for RIM.

Motorola wants a 2GHz Android by year's end, so do we -- Engadget
    Sounds a lot like my next phone!
    06-10-10 03:23 PM
    It's vaporware until I see a half working prototype that doesn't require a car battery to run.
    06-10-10 03:35 PM
    Really Mod - Really? You thought the title was misleading? B/C anyone would think that BB was coming out with a 2 Gig handset this year?

No offense - but, come on.
    06-10-10 03:44 PM
    Why we want faster processor, up to 2Ghz ?

I think it is much important to see better phones with:
    - Battery life. at least 2 days with heavy use.
    - More features: Push mail, always connected, Etc
    - Easier to use, for non Techie user.
    - Improve the OS
    06-10-10 03:48 PM
    Yeah, by then I will have a flying car! I'm with Radius on this one. The OP sounds like a disgruntled ex RIM employee.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    06-10-10 03:54 PM
    I think 2 GHz on a handset is pointless now and probably a ways into the future. 1 GHz is plenty! As already mentioned, I would rather see improved battery life and more app RAM. Another thing...I think the screen resolutions are also reaching a rediculous level where it becomes a numbers game rather than a quality game. Same with the camera MP.

06-10-10 04:18 PM
    I'd love to see 1.2-1.5Ghz dual core processors over that, along with better GPUs. And of coarse battery life needs to be at least where the N1 is now, preferably better so all that power is going to be a rough sell.

Also, 8+GB (preferably 16+) internal RAM needs to become the standard. I really scratch my head that these new android phones are STILL coming equipped with 1/2 a gig available for apps ect. When the incredible came out I thought they finally got it, but now the trend continues lol. Yes I know apps to SD is coming in Froyo, but internal memory is not expensive, and is much easier to keep all your programs internally and use the SD for files ect.
    06-10-10 05:08 PM
    My guess is that this might be motorola's tablet device and not a phone.

06-10-10 08:20 PM
    My guess is that this might be motorola's tablet device and not a phone.

Sorry, the article clearly states "smartphone". Bad guess.
    06-10-10 08:34 PM
    Yes, but isn't Dell coming out with a smartphone that is also supposed to function like a small tablet? The Streak, I believe? This could be Moto's version of that...Just a really big smartphone that you can use as a tablet.

06-11-10 02:00 AM
    It's just too much at this point in time.
    06-11-10 09:05 AM
    Will this be an Android device?

06-11-10 11:42 AM
    I'm all for it if it's not thick as a brick to house the enormous battery it will probably need. And that the battery could last a good amount of time. We will see....
    06-11-10 01:52 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD