Hi all,

I upgraded my Captivate to the HTC Inspire. This is my first time using a HTC device, and it is worlds different from Samsung. First impressions, this feels like a solid well built device, but this sucker is HEAVY! And oh how I miss my beautiful Super Amoled Cappy screen.

I hope I enjoy it as much as I did my Cappy, and I hope this was a good choice. I wanted to wait on the Galaxy S2, but I needed something right away, so it was between this and iPhone 4. I would love to hear from those who have the device, about your experience with it and if you enjoy it. If this doesn't turn out to be a good fit for me, I will exchange it for the Samsung Infuse which will launch this Sunday.

thanks in advance everybody!
    05-12-11 08:37 AM
    The Inspire is also getting my attention and I would love to hear some first hand comments on it.
    05-12-11 08:51 AM
    You think the inspire is heavy? Try the holding the Evo lol. I also have the Inspire and in comparison to the Evo, I feel it's not as well constructed....and it's built pretty solid. Go figure.

As for my experience...I'm enjoying everything android is offering, save for the weak battery life. (This is my first android device.) Might want to go ahead and root the device, unless you want to sideload everything. I was going to go that route, but it was just easier to root the inspire and download straight from the device than to hook up to the laptop each time.
    Last edited by Amy wineBerry; 05-12-11 at 09:20 AM.
    K Bear likes this.
    05-12-11 09:11 AM
    You think the inspire is heavy? Try the holding the Evo lol. I also have the Inspire and in comparison to the Evo, I feel it's not as well constructed....and it's built pretty solid. Go figure.

As for my experience...I'm enjoying everything android is offering, save for the weak battery life. (This is my first android device.) Might want to go ahead and root the device, unless you want to sideload everything. I was going to go that route, but it was just easier to root the inspire and download straight from the device than to hook up to the laptop each time.
    I've gotten used to the weight..initially it was a shock to my system considering how the captivate practically weighs nothing. Sigh right now my computer isn't working so rooting isn't an option. I wish their was a 1 click for the Inspire

Sent from my Desire HD using Tapatalk
    06-15-11 07:00 PM
    I've gotten used to the weight..initially it was a shock to my system considering how the captivate practically weighs nothing. Sigh right now my computer isn't working so rooting isn't an option. I wish their was a 1 click for the Inspire

So the update hasn't been pushed to your device yet either (to allow for "unknown sources"). Grrr so irritating.
    06-15-11 08:37 PM
    So the update hasn't been pushed to your device yet either (to allow for "unknown sources"). Grrr so irritating.
    I have the unknown resources. I had to return my 1st Inspire because it randomly rebooted twice and I for nervous. The update was pushed to my first one within a week of having my phone. I didn't wait on the update with my second one, I followed the instructions on the xda site to do it myself. Worked like a charm :-)

06-15-11 09:17 PM
    I have the unknown resources. I had to return my 1st Inspire because it randomly rebooted twice and I for nervous. The update was pushed to my first one within a week of having my phone. I didn't wait on the update with my second one, I followed the instructions on the xda site to do it myself. Worked like a charm :-)

I've been going to my local AT&T store for a few weeks now. I'd rather not do it manually. Then I'll have the urge to start tinkering again...and unfortunately, I don't have time to tinker.
    Last edited by Amy wineBerry; 06-17-11 at 03:09 AM.
    06-15-11 09:23 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD