Hello, new exhange droid user. All is good with the exception of not syncing on occasion. However, got one problem. All my contacts from my outlook sycn'd up with droid okay (the one's I manually entered on BB and outlook). But, the "global" email system that worked with BB does not transfer with droid nor can I search and/or access the global email system of my company.

I'm using the free standard sync app that can with the phone. However, I've tried a couple others (touchdown) and still the same problem. The only way I have discovered to fix this so far is to copy my global contacts to my regular contacts, but that's over 1000 email addresses. Does anyone know how I could accomplish this (like my BB)?

Thanks, jed
    05-04-11 09:23 AM
    May be a dumb question..but what is the exchange server your office is using? Perhaps its not compatible (if its BES for example)..
    05-04-11 03:38 PM
    May be a dumb question..but what is the exchange server your office is using? Perhaps its not compatible (if its BES for example)..
    Not 100% sure, but I set it up with corp. sync. I believe it's Microsoft exhange....and it is suppose to sync with outlook, email, etc. All is good except the "global" contact list.

thanks, jed
    05-06-11 08:38 AM
    What kind of phone is it exactly you have? Sorry..not trying to pester you mundane questions..but certain models of phones have had Exchange issues (HTC Desire Z for example). Have you talked to your tech support about it? I'm by no means an email expert but I might be able to do some digging for you to solve the issue.
    05-06-11 08:43 AM
    What kind of phone is it exactly you have? Sorry..not trying to pester you mundane questions..but certain models of phones have had Exchange issues (HTC Desire Z for example). Have you talked to your tech support about it? I'm by no means an email expert but I might be able to do some digging for you to solve the issue.

Thanks for help.. You not pestering me in anyway.....

It is a Motorola Droid X on Verizon network. IT people are clueless on this new phone and telling the few that have them that they are only supporting Blackberry right now. They also said there is a known sync problem with the Droid but did not offer much assistance to correct. I have talked to them and we went through all the usual settings, etc. I also talked to Verizon who told me to try another email program (Touchdown, Companion, etc.). However, they cost and the company will not pay. I would pay if I knew for sure they worked. I did try the Touchdown and it had the same problem as the stock app.

I'm beginning to think that it will just not sync the global email addresses.

thanks, jed
    05-06-11 08:49 AM
    Doing a quick Google search..I can see that there has definately been issues with the Droid X and corporate email. From what I seen I don't know if there is a definative solution..but I'd suggest browsing some of these forums (just google droid x exchange issues) and try some of the workarounds people have posted.

You say you tried Touchdown? Was it just the trial version? You might also want to try MailDroid..it's free and I'm pretty sure supports Outlook sync (not sure about corporate exchange though).

From what i've read..people have been able to get issues resolved with some workarounds..unfortunately i'm not familiar with the X so I'm not much help in that department
    05-06-11 09:07 AM
    Thanks. The Touchdown all was a 30 day free trial. I removed it when it did not work any better than the free one I had. I will try the other one after I do a little more research. Thanks for the help.

jed
    05-06-11 09:10 AM
    Just curious but if you go to compose an email and then start typing the name does it not start to search your exchange account for contact matches?

Sent from my HTC Thunderbolt
    05-06-11 09:11 AM
    It will put up (search) the names of the contacts that I have stored in the "contacts" only--not the "global" (company email addresses). The only way the "global" with display is if I copy (while on desktop and in Outlook) the global contacts to the regular contacts. Then it will search for them. But, that's about 1000 email addresses that I don't really need on my phone.

I had a thought that you might be able to answer. I can make this work by copying the global contacts into the regular contacts in outlook. The phone will then sync. The question is does those contacts to my phone thereby using up storage space or do they stay on my desktop. If they stay on the desktop, then I can simply cut and paste the contacts over and it will work.

jed
    05-06-11 09:16 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD