Getting my moto droid in a couple days coming from my storm 1 and just wondering what to do first? and i am also wondering if the droid can run sense ui like the htc phones love that clock/weather app.
    04-25-10 08:59 PM
    My answer is yes, because new andriod OS 2 version runs on motoDROID, please correct if i am wrong.
    04-25-10 09:34 PM
    They are working on porting the HTC Desire rom to the Droid, but there are still some major bugs that need to be worked out before it is ready for the masses.

People were just using the Beautiful Widgets app to get the HTC clock widget.
    04-25-10 10:28 PM
    yeah, I'm currently running the SenseUI 2.1 port from the desire on the droid and it's way better than stock android. Other than having to have 3G data turned off in order to make/receive phone calls and a couple other bugs, it it's super fast and runs great.

04-26-10 07:02 AM
    sucks to hear that the hack won't allow you to use 3G while making calls. sounds kind of like the hassle of loading various leaks on the blackberries.

after seeing all of the review videos, i'm looking forward to giving Sense UI a try on the Incredible. And, since the N1 no longer appears to be coming to VZW, it doesn't appear that the truly "stock Android" experience will be available to VZW customers anytime soon:
    Google updates Nexus One page, tells Verizon customers to get a Droid Incredible instead -- Engadget
    04-26-10 07:17 AM
    They are working on porting the HTC Desire rom to the Droid, but there are still some major bugs that need to be worked out before it is ready for the masses.

People were just using the Beautiful Widgets app to get the HTC clock widget.
    From what I have seen from Sense UI I have no desire for it.

I second what is said about Beautiful Widgets. You have lots of looks to choose from.
    04-26-10 07:59 AM
    Getting my moto droid in a couple days coming from my storm 1 and just wondering what to do first? and i am also wondering if the droid can run sense ui like the htc phones love that clock/weather app.
    First go to the Market......there's a shortcut icon for that. I would recommend getting the HelixLauncher (1). It will allow you to have more than just 3 home screens. I would start with 5 screens. If you end up needing more you can go to 7. If you go to 7 first and decide you only need 5 it can lock up if you go from 7 to 5.

Just start playing. Add some widgets you like. Get your home screens the way you like them. Keep reading Android forums.

Then I would recommend reading up on rooting your phone and the ROMs you can get. You can overclock a rooted phone, and you get a noticeable speed boost.
    04-26-10 08:04 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD