I have Verizon for my carrier and I am deciding between the Droid Incredible and the Samsung Fascinate. Any opinions as to which one I should go with?

Also, is the Incredible the equivalent of Sprint's HTC Evo?

Thanks!
    09-27-10 10:44 AM
    I have Verizon for my carrier and I am deciding between the Droid Incredible and the Samsung Fascinate. Any opinions as to which one I should go with?

Also, is the Incredible the equivalent of Sprint's HTC Evo?

Thanks!
    Go in the store and play around with each one. Both have their specific user interfaces that they use.

And no the Incredible is not the equivalent of the HTC EVO. The Verizon phone that matches closely with that would be the Droid X.
    09-27-10 11:03 AM
    personally i would pick the HTC, IMHO HTC makes good phones with regular ROM updates. Samsung has a past record of being a little forgetful when it comes to updates.
    09-27-10 11:31 AM
    The Samsung has the best hardware out, but HTC has a better reputation with Android. Play with them both.
    09-27-10 11:44 AM
    Planing to b new android user-with sprint now-does anybody no if sprint will b getin evo 2?not to crazy about epic :-)

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    09-27-10 12:10 PM
    I personally liked the droid x: )
    09-27-10 12:13 PM
    Planing to BE A new android user-with sprint now-does anybody KNOW if sprint will BE getTinG THE evo 2?not to crazy about THE epic :-)

There i fixed it for you. and i would keep checking out Upcoming Sprint phones (Phone Arena) they typically have a good source for upcoming devices.
    09-27-10 12:33 PM
    I really like my Inc. I am not a fan of the Fascinate at all. I do not like the interface on it at all. Just depends on what YOU like. But I would say look into the Inc and X if your interested in Androids. I am not saying the Fascinate is no good because it is nice, I just dont like it at all.
    09-27-10 12:41 PM
    I have the incredible and it is awesome. I recommend it but the battery is not good. I've never played with the fascinate but I've played with the vibrant. They are both good phones. You can't lose with either of them. I would definitely check them out at the vzw store. Good luck!

09-27-10 01:25 PM
    I was at Verizon today for about an hour playing with both phones. These are the differences I spotted:

The Fascinate has iChat texting and swipes to the side not up and down which I like.
    The Incredible is easier to text on because you can choose which word you want instead of typing the whole thing.
    I like the home screen on the Incredible better with the large clock.

These are just small differences though. I did not spot any large ones.

I am still undecided because they are so similar. I will have to go back and play around with each one again.
    09-27-10 02:42 PM
    If you live or work in an area with weak or bad signal, I would stay away from any HTC phone (Incredible) and go with either the Fascinate or Droid X. Other than the battery issue, as mentioned above, the Incredible isn't as good as the X or Fascinate when it comes to reception in low signal situations.
    09-27-10 03:46 PM
    I was at Verizon today for about an hour playing with both phones. These are the differences I spotted:

The Fascinate has iChat texting and swipes to the side not up and down which I like.

You can load an alternate launcher like Launcher Pro which has up and down scrolling of apps.

The Incredible is easier to text on because you can choose which word you want instead of typing the whole thing.

That was the Swype keyboard, which is the default keyboard on the Fascinate. You can change the input method used to the Android keyboard by long pressing in a text entry field and choose Input Method, Android keyboard. The Android keyboard predicts words and will correct spelling errors. Check out Youtube for videos on how Swype works, it's very cool, but not for everone.

I like the home screen on the Incredible better with the large clock.

You can purchase and download Beautiful Widgets for a Sense-like flip clock.

These are just small differences though. I did not spot any large ones.

I am still undecided because they are so similar. I will have to go back and play around with each one again.
    Responses in red text above.
    09-27-10 03:51 PM
    Responses in red text above.
    oh, thanks!

edit: I just realized that my wording may have been confusing. I like how the fascinate moves side to side instead of up and down. but not that you have made me aware of the fact that I can fix the other two differences that I found, I am more open in making my decision. so thanks!
    Last edited by linds0390; 09-28-10 at 01:04 PM.
    09-27-10 05:28 PM
    for those of you using launcher pro on the fascinate, can you post a picture of it?

does launcher pro change the look of the phone completely? or just the clock on the home screen?
    09-29-10 12:07 PM
    for those of you using launcher pro on the fascinate, can you post a picture of it?

does launcher pro change the look of the phone completely? or just the clock on the home screen?
    This is an old pic of my Droid 1's screen. LP has a scrollable bottom dock of 15 icons that can be changed, there are 5 on each LP screen.

The clock on any screen is a widget.
    Last edited by xliderider; 09-29-10 at 01:01 PM.
    09-29-10 12:59 PM
    This is an old pic of my Droid 1's screen. LP has a scrollable bottom dock of 15 icons that can be changed, there are 5 on each LP screen.

The clock on any screen is a widget.
    That looks like Home++ to me.
    09-29-10 01:51 PM
    That looks like Home++ to me.
    Yeah, I think you are right...

Anyway, OP, the look of LP is very similar to the Home++ screenshot.
    09-29-10 02:30 PM
    Yeah, I think you are right...

Anyway, OP, the look of LP is very similar to the Home++ screenshot.
    lol

OP, this is LauncherPro.... the first pic is older, the second pic is newer... customized differently.

Older

Newer

LauncherPro is the dock only on my screens. I do not use LP widgets.
    Last edited by avt123; 09-29-10 at 04:19 PM.
    09-29-10 04:16 PM

First Image - Launcher Pro with Beautiful Widget's clock/weather widget (numerous downloadable skins for it)
    Second Image - Launcher Pro with Pure Grid Calendar Widget
    Third Image - same as second image except toolbar is scrolled over for different icons/apps.
    Fourth Image - Landscape view

Last edited by rmjones101; 09-29-10 at 04:54 PM.
    09-29-10 04:20 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD