Because its on the back of the phone. It serves no purpose other than to say hey I have a keyboard on the back of my phone. It's completely useless but hey its there.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    So you would rather have two screens? And if you suggest a slideout keyboard like the droid, that doesn't let you use part of the phone as a makeshift stand which converts the phone into a nice little alarm clock or picture viewer... The only other options are: slideout keyboard, pixi-esque screen/keyboard, reverse flip keyboard, or no keyboard at all. The dual screen concept is not that great in my opinion, and lest we forget, the "awkward" placement of the keyboard gives you an effective front facing camera... This would not be possible with another design unless you integrate two separate cameras into the device... All things considered, the layout is pretty intelligent in my opinion...
    02-21-10 07:54 PM
    Because its on the back of the phone. It serves no purpose other than to say hey I have a keyboard on the back of my phone. It's completely useless but hey its there.

Hm, I think it serves the purpose of a keyboard. The droid, the cliq, they have hard keyboards, nobody's calling them useless. Nor do they go around saying "hey, I've got a keyboard on the inside of my phone", nor do BB or Palm users say "hey I've got an exposed keyboard on the bottom of my phone". Stop being so judgmental abt something so "useless".

02-21-10 10:32 PM
    Hm, I think it serves the purpose of a keyboard. The droid, the cliq, they have hard keyboards, nobody's calling them useless. Nor do they go around saying "hey, I've got a keyboard on the inside of my phone", nor do BB or Palm users say "hey I've got an exposed keyboard on the bottom of my phone". Stop being so judgmental abt something so "useless".

Exactly... its simply a matter of preference... there is no one definitive form factor... each device has its own niche to fill, its that simple. It's simply keyboard placement, that's all. It still serves the fundamental function of a keyboard; so what if its on the backside of the phone? Is that image really so hard to grasp?
    02-21-10 11:18 PM
28 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD