The Droid X doesn't need an unlocked bootloader to perform exceptionally well. You already can load custom ROMs, but they have the same bootloader. THe Droid X has already been deblurred and running AOSP ROMs.

The DX IMO has the best call and signal quality out of ANY VZW phone out right now. Moto in general has the best signal and call quality for Android. Also, the DX has the best battery life out of any Android device out.

The Fascinate is a great device, but I really enjoy my DX. You can't go wrong with either device.
    X was a better phone, still is.
    10-23-10 12:46 AM
    X was a better phone, still is.
    Now you finally agree with me.
    10-23-10 01:37 PM
    Now you finally agree with me.
    Yes, lol. Just need to investigate first....
    10-23-10 03:14 PM
    Yes, lol. Just need to investigate first....
    I swear the call quality on this thing sounds like you are right next to the person on the other line. The call quality and signal strength is what impresses me most about this device.

I was at a party last night and where this person lives is sort of a cellular dead zone. I have full bars while some of my friends with iPhones, Droids and the Incredible had 1 or none. The X really holds a good signal.
    10-23-10 03:19 PM
    I swear the call quality on this thing sounds like you are right next to the person on the other line. The call quality and signal strength is what impresses me most about this device.

I was at a party last night and where this person lives is sort of a cellular dead zone. I have full bars while some of my friends with iPhones, Droids and the Incredible had 1 or none. The X really holds a good signal.
    Oh, I love it. A phone first, everything else is secondary. I agree, out of all my previous phones, the signal quality, and call clearity is the best on the X. I am going to have a hard time upgrading next summer.

I find the stock battery life good too. No need for the extended one. I have all the sgs live wallpapers, but I run a black.png one, as that gives me even more phone life. The stock battery manager is awesome.
    10-23-10 04:04 PM
    Oh, I love it. A phone first, everything else is secondary. I agree, out of all my previous phones, the signal quality, and call clearity is the best on the X. I am going to have a hard time upgrading next summer.

I find the stock battery life good too. No need for the extended one. I have all the sgs live wallpapers, but I run a black.png one, as that gives me even more phone life. The stock battery manager is awesome.
    Yea I am able to get 24+ hours out of my device with a stock battery. I charge my battery every night but have left it running a few time just to see how long it can last and I am more than satisfied.
    10-23-10 04:26 PM
    My Thing with the Fascinate is that I feel I would have to Root/Hack it. I would like to use it out of the box for a bit.

But from what I have seen in the store the Fascinate is really nice. The form factor is just about perfect. I never really under stood the .3 in the Droid X or Evo's 4.3" screen.

The other thing about the Fascinate that concerns me is 6 gb less internal memory. May be a non issue, but the more I see info on lag fixes' etc, the more I see a need for as much memory as possible.

So how hard was it for you to get the Fascinate where you wanted it to be?
    I'm late to the game, but I unrooted my Vibrant and don't use lagfix.

I tried the lagfix and for a few days it worked. Then, HUGE lag. All of a sudden it had decided to deactivate itself or something - all I know is I couldn't take lagfix off, it had locked the memory for it's use and wouldn't release it, and the only way to get the phone back was a wipe and factory reset. Thank god for backups.

Ever since then I have run stock, and you know what? The lagfix is overrated. The phone, honestly, runs the same for me with and without it. In fact, it's more stable without it. I don't have a problem with lag. The phone is plenty zippy. The lagfix isn't worth the risk to me.

I use Launcherpro every once in a while, I am a fan of Touchwiz (use it most of all) and have been using Openhome lately with an Android 2.0 skin on it. Love Openhome....
    10-23-10 09:55 PM
    Go to the android forums and see where all the action is, Droid Incredible is still one of the best phones, if you can handle a slightly smaller screen and deal with the battery life. Sell your current phone, buy an Incredible in the forums, and wait for the 4g phones, that's what I did. Don't waste an upgrade now. The incredible has actually made my cell phone life boring, as I now longer am waiting for updates and something better (had a Storm 2). This phone does everything I want, and couldn't run any faster. I am rooted, have free wifi hotspot, and am completely content.
    10-24-10 04:54 PM
58 123
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD