So, all of you ruling the air with Verizon, and own a fascinate, fess up. We have been using google since day one, and letting others folly themselves into thinking we can't. We have all installed maps, and therefor all of us have the google voice search icon (no, not the older text widget) the way google purist have searched since the nexus and droid1.

Stop letting them tell you we are stuck on Bing. I have used it, you have used it. We know it is going strait through to google, (it says so) and we have done nothing but Dload maps to get it. Ah, life is rough.....google it, bing it, yahoo it, whatever....but if you don't own a fascinate, and have stated that the fascinate can't do a google queried search without a mod.....well, you are just plain wrong.

Is it just that we don't care what they think
    10-05-10 03:21 PM
    Rooted on day 1, Google Maps, Nav, and Search installed 2 days(?) after that. What is this Bing, of which you speak?
    Last edited by Spotmark; 10-05-10 at 03:35 PM.
    10-05-10 03:28 PM
    I haven't rooted yet (I am sure that day is coming soon Mark) but for those that are stock, can use the google voice icon, and rock queries from their native OS's through the google machine and not bing, native. Click and speak, googled I bet you have the text widget too, and can text google queries
    10-05-10 03:43 PM
    I bet you have the text widget too, and can text google queries
    I have it, but I don't use it, never have. Don't see the point, when all i have to do is tap the magnifying glass, or press and hold it, and speak my search.
    10-05-10 03:56 PM
    Nice! Ten inputs
    10-05-10 04:05 PM
    Rooted on day 1, Google Maps, Nav, and Search installed 2 days(?) after that. What is this Bing, of which you speak?
    please enlighten me oh great one, how does one do this w/o rooting the magical device.

there are some of the commoners that wish not to tamper with the devices intentions.
    10-05-10 04:10 PM
    10-05-10 04:16 PM
    WTH is Bing gone day one.......
    10-05-10 04:37 PM
    From your first post....

See the Bing Icon, I want it off my phone, don't want that program taking up memory.....

It's not truly gone until the protocol/program is off of the phone.

and the second post states the same thing. It's a cover to make google's GAPPS to work on your phone. But it's not removing the programming.

It's locked bloatware.

unless you root, and there are those in the masses that wish not root.

and this /Android/ is an "open" platform. Locking the bootloarder /Dx/ and Bing Search are locked protocol which is against the ideas and theories that Android set itself out to prove.
    10-05-10 04:50 PM
    Sorry, if you don't want to root, that's what you're going to have to live with. Now get back on the porch.
    Last edited by Spotmark; 10-05-10 at 04:59 PM.
    10-05-10 04:52 PM
    Sorry, if you don't want to root, that's what you're going to have to live with.
    All Im waiting for is an its so simple even a caveman can do it root. I want something one click.
    10-05-10 05:01 PM
    Sorry, if you don't want to root, that's what you're going to have to live with. Now get back on the porch.
    i didn't say i didn't want to root.

see anything on there that looks "factory"

and if you look in the screen shot thread you'll see a custom theme i threw together.....

just sayin
    10-05-10 05:03 PM
    Oh one more thing. How do u reboot this phone?
    Thanks
    10-05-10 05:03 PM

and if you look in the screen shot thread you'll see a custom theme i threw together.....

just sayin
    Oh O MJ talkin $hit but backin it up. Ooooops lmao
    10-05-10 05:05 PM
    Ease up on my boys Mj
    10-05-10 05:06 PM
    and this /Android/ is an "open" platform. Locking the bootloarder /Dx/ and Bing Search are locked protocol which is against the ideas and theories that Android set itself out to prove.
    That's Verizon for you. Aways putting things on your device and trying to make you use services you do not want. They showed change with the Droid 1 but now they are just going back to their locked down greedy roots.

Having bloatware and not allowing you to remove it is pure bull****. Forceing people to root to remove things from their phone that they don't want is garbage. We paid for the device we should be able to chose which apps stay or go. Instead, people have to void their warranties if they don't want it, and I'm sure many people have rooted that have no clue what they are doing.

You shouldn't have to do a work around to get Google servies on a Google phone. I don't care if you can change it on 2.2, the fact that they released a device this way is stupid.

This is one thing that will NEVER happen on the iPhone. And this is probably why Verizon still doesn't have it. Always have to throw their bull**** onto someone elses product. If we want VZ Nav, we'll download it. If I want My Verizon app, I'll download it. If I want the damn demo for Need for Speed, I will download it. Don't force it on me.

This is why I really wish Google controlled what went on there devices. There is a Verizon tab in the Android Market for VZW users, VZW should just put all this **** in there. You even have to pay to use their VVM app or the one that comes on the DX/D2. Such a joke.
    Last edited by avt123; 10-05-10 at 05:14 PM.
    10-05-10 05:12 PM

just sayin
    Touche. Now if only we could find a 2.2 build for the Fascinate.
    10-05-10 05:50 PM
    WTH is Bing gone day one.......
    Did someone say Bing was gone I kinda like it, but wouldn't want to be locked to it. I prefer google. idk where the Bing is gone came from (thanks mark) but all I am saying, is that if being locked to Bing is the reason someone passes on the fascinate, then they should simply reconsider It is a phenomenal phone with phenomenal hardware (did I say the camera screams? It does.)

I was trying to simply point out that with zero modifications, after a simple gmaps Dload, you will see the google search icon (voice search, not the text bar widget) in the tray and can google it without Bing from there. Even if one wants to google things using text, all they have to do is google, google, and then use the text widget inside the web page, and they are forever using google bypassing bing.

It is just funny how large websites say (LOCKED DOWN TO BING> YOU CAN:T GOOGLE SHAT) crap that is misnomers. No one is saying we have removed Bing without root (I do read very well) but mark has with root. nied, it is OK on the porch, sometimes the lemonade taste better there anyway I don't like carrier bloatware either, but when I had a BB, it was ALWAYS there, and even thought the droid was eclair, I recall removing some apps like visual voice mail after root.

So funny people think the fascinate is not android and has no google integration Sorry to disappoint all of you folks, it has ALL of those things, and is fully integrated with google. Yes, bloatware is shat, but it is just that, you don't have to use it, and you certainly don't have to display it on anything.....
    10-05-10 05:58 PM
    idk where the Bing is gone came from (thanks mark)
    Anytime.
    10-05-10 06:11 PM
    Yes, bloatware is shat, but it is just that, you don't have to use it, and you certainly don't have to display it on anything.....
    You dont have to display it but you HAVE to keep it on your device WITHOUT the choice of getting rid of it wether you like it or not. It uses memory and in some cases battery life if it is running in the background. That is the problem. These apps should be optional to be loaded onto your device. Instead, Verizon forces it on your device without an acceptable way (not everyone wants to root) of getting rid of it.

Hiding it may not allow you to see it, but being able to see it isn't the problem.
    10-05-10 06:20 PM
    Ease up on my boys Mj
    oh I'm just having fun. I just get sick of verzions BS

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    10-05-10 06:21 PM
    I was going to say, "Now go fetch your shine box.", but I was afraid I might get stabbed with a kitchen knife.

I just get sick of verzions BS
    I agree, but I just look at it as all part of the game.
    Last edited by Spotmark; 10-05-10 at 06:39 PM.
    10-05-10 06:27 PM
    You dont have to display it but you HAVE to keep it on your device WITHOUT the choice of getting rid of it wether you like it or not. It uses memory and in some cases battery life if it is running in the background. That is the problem. These apps should be optional to be loaded onto your device. Instead, Verizon forces it on your device without an acceptable way (not everyone wants to root) of getting rid of it.

Hiding it may not allow you to see it, but being able to see it isn't the problem.
    idk, samsungs integrated task manager is a notch above droids (just saying from experience) I can see what is using battery/ram and I assure you, the touchwiz launcher has a built in task manager that is more intuitive that I have seen on a stock launcher in the droid line. If the bloatware is using anything, samsungs TM will alert you. I have never experienced that bro, for 2 weeks the bloat ware stays in SA until opened, so your fears are nothing more than that. It is just like on a BB, annoying icon in the app tray (by the way, unlike the droid, I can organize my apps in the app launcher to my specific needs) I am sure you are going to egg me back, but this phone is sick bro. Many things you don't know I will share this cool feature with you, if you are in the middle of moving a widget or icon, and a call interrupts you, the SGS suspends that animation, and proceeds with your call, to only take you back to what you were doing, app/widget suspended only until your gesture picks up from where you left off The X never did that for me, it would just forget my punk a$$, and make me start over.
    10-05-10 06:35 PM
    idk, samsungs integrated task manager is a notch above droids (just saying from experience) I can see what is using battery/ram and I assure you, the touchwiz launcher has a built in task manager that is more intuitive that I have seen on a stock launcher in the droid line. If the bloatware is using anything, samsungs TM will alert you. I have never experienced that bro, for 2 weeks the bloat ware stays in SA until opened, so your fears are nothing more than that. It is just like on a BB, annoying icon in the app tray (by the way, unlike the droid, I can organize my apps in the app launcher to my specific needs) I am sure you are going to egg me back, but this phone is sick bro. Many things you don't know I will share this cool feature with you, if you are in the middle of moving a widget or icon, and a call interrupts you, the SGS suspends that animation, and proceeds with your call, to only take you back to what you were doing, app/widget suspended only until your gesture picks up from where you left off The X never did that for me, it would just forget my punk a$$, and make me start over.
    That is great that the Fascinate has a good task manager. The DX does as well. Nothing runs in the background besides backup assistant I believe. An app that is completely useless for me. But I deleted it. Their pre-installed apps still take up device memory. As long as they appear in the applications list (not app drawer), it is completely unacceptable. I know it barely uses memory but the point is you can't even delete this ****.

The only thing about these new Moto phones that is annoying is the Blur services. But for people like me who root and delete **** I don't want, it is no big deal. I can understand skin apps not being deletable, that is part of Moto's software (just like you can't delete Gmail, it is part of Googles), but not being able to remove bloatware is ridiculous.

I know BBs had this problem as well, it use to **** me off just as much. Those apps weren't automatically downloaded though, they were mostly just service books. These apps are on your device. You can uninstall all the updates, but you can't uninstall the original program.

I know a lot about the SGS, I wanted it. If I didn't buy the DX, I probably would have got it. But like I said before, for what I use my phone for, the SGS does not perform better for me to drop my DX. I like the next best thing, but now LTE is right around the corner, and is more important to me. If I used my phone for gaming, I would have dropped the DX in a heartbeat. I do like my battery life though so that is also keeping me very happy.
    Last edited by avt123; 10-05-10 at 06:52 PM.
    10-05-10 06:50 PM
    That is great that the Fascinate has a good task manager. The DX does as well. Nothing runs in the background besides backup assistant I believe. An app that is completely useless for me. But I deleted it. Their pre-installed apps still take up device memory. As long as they appear in the applications list (not app drawer), it is completely unacceptable. I know it barely uses memory but the point is you can't even delete this ****.

The only thing about these new Moto phones that is annoying is the Blur services. But for people like me who root and delete **** I don't want, it is no big deal. I can understand skin apps not being deletable, that is part of Moto's software (just like you can't delete Gmail, it is part of Googles), but not being able to remove bloatware is ridiculous.

I know BBs had this problem as well, it use to **** me off just as much. Those apps weren't automatically downloaded though, they were mostly just service books. These apps are on your device. You can uninstall all the updates, but you can't uninstall the original program.

I know a lot about the SGS, I wanted it. If I didn't buy the DX, I probably would have got it. But like I said before, for what I use my phone for, the SGS does not perform better for me to drop my DX. I like the next best thing, but now LTE is right around the corner, and is more important to me. If I used my phone for gaming, I would have dropped the DX in a heartbeat. I do like my battery life though so that is also keeping me very happy.
    Very good points. Them service books made me flip, and even though they were service books, we were talking storm 1, no room for that crap. Yeah, 100% I agree, bloatware needs to die! If it weren't for the SGS, and X would be in my pocket. All little things aside, they are both very capable androids (much more than the d1) and will remain players for at least 4 to 6 months right
    10-05-10 06:57 PM
28 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD