The wife recently bought the Mytouch....selling points for her was the price and the tethering ability. Unboxing it looked sweet, Im not much on touchscreens and all that goes with it...ya know, the idiots making the exagerated finger swipe scrolling showing everyone around him or her that they have a touchscreen that scrolls i.e. iphone user...but coming out, the mytouch looked sweet. powered up....I caught myself messing with it till dawn...losing sleep...my poor 8900 looking at me with the lonely eyes...I then went to the market and tried finding cool apps....I wrote down all the ones I would add to my phone, cross referenced those type of apps with AppWorld and found them or a BBversion....they all seem to work better than the droid version. Then theres the tethering...we are with Tmobile, I can tether for free and tmo gave me the codes, walked me thru the connection...kool...tried with the mytouch...tmo deactivated the 3g devices from tethering because of the 3g stick they offer....so my wife now uses my phone for tethering....

ultimately...the droid is cool and I can see RIM has been a bit slow in their production....but as far as functionality....I'll take my berry....

I love my berry and my wife hates it....as she reaches over to plug in to tether....
    10-22-09 12:53 PM
    Well you can root the MyTouch to tether over 3F and I must say that it is pretty sweet. The speeds are as fast as those on DSL. Only thing is that it can void the warrenty. Yo can alse turn it into a wifi modem like the thing from verizon and sprint. You can snyc up to 8 devices and you can take it on the road. I've officially had it with my 8320 and made the switch to Android. Plus I couldn't wait nor provoke enough excitement to wait for the Bold to arrive. Plus the trackpad lost me

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    10-23-09 12:47 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD