Hello All,

I just purchased the MyTouch 3G Slide and I have to say, Android has come a long way since I used the G-1. My question is ringtones. I can't seem to transfer (or at least have the phone recognize) my custom ringtones. They are all in .mp3 format and my Blackberry 9700 had no problem with them. I can't even seem to assign normal songs as ringtones. Am I missing something or does it seem I have to use only T-Mo purchased ringtones?

Thanks for the help!
    06-02-10 10:44 PM
    I had the original mytouch and it is definitely doable... I'm trying to remember how I did it tho... Sorry, a lot of help I am...

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    06-02-10 10:57 PM
    Not sure, but I think it is a matter of dropping them in the right folder?
    06-02-10 11:01 PM
    It is doable, I found that I had to use RingDroid, a 3rd party app (free) from the Android market. I appreciate the responses tho!
    06-02-10 11:19 PM
    That is a great app
    06-02-10 11:36 PM
    im glad i searched before re-asked this question, i purchased my moms slide yesturday and played with i for hours and could not for the life of me remember how to get the ringers to work, thanks for letting us know now ill fix it for her when i get home and when i get mine on friday ill already have a heads up UBER-excite to be going back to droid
    06-03-10 05:28 AM
    On the root of the sdcard there should be either a ringtone folder and a notification folder. Drag and drop into there and you should be set.
    06-03-10 08:52 AM
    On the root of the sdcard there should be either a ringtone folder and a notification folder. Drag and drop into there and you should be set.
    That's true for the most part, installed apps moved ringtones to the correct folders. I still had trouble getting the ringtones to actually show up in the available list however. RingDroid did the trick.

I really, really wish Android had a community website filled with good people like here at Crackberry.
    06-04-10 01:47 PM
    That's true for the most part, installed apps moved ringtones to the correct folders. I still had trouble getting the ringtones to actually show up in the available list however. RingDroid did the trick.

I really, really wish Android had a community website filled with good people like here at Crackberry.
    There are. You just need to find the right community. :-)

*cough*forum.sdx-developers.com*cough*
    06-04-10 03:15 PM
    Ok. I have the same question. This is my first upgrade from a flip phone... it has been a long time coming.

I can't figure out how to get the app. Help please!
    06-05-10 10:58 PM
    Go to the "marketplace" app, type in "RingDroid" and download. Once installed, run it and all of the music from your SD card will show up. Good luck!
    06-05-10 11:30 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD