I've been changing smartphone's like underwear the last couple weeks.

3 1/2 weeks ago I jumped from AT&T(iphone) to Verizon and grabbed the new Droid. This Verizon store I come to find out is an "independant" Verizon store and not a corporate store. Anyways, I didn't warm up to the Droid right away so returned it within my trial period, then I went to a corporate Verizon store and picked up a Samsung Omnia II. I hated the Omnia, so then Verizon let return that for a S2, but now I'm finding I'm missing my Droid and want to get it again and give back the S2, but because I'm over my return limit they will not let me get the Droid. I left the store not knowing what to do now...

I'm really bummed that I'm stuck with the S2. I'm not hating the S2, but I'm finding I like apps a lot more than I thought, thus wanting a phone with a much larger selection. Any idea's on how I can get a Droid, keep my number and not pay an arm and a leg? Do I call Verizon and beg?? I really want to stay with Verizon and would love a Droid again.

Thanks, Pat
    12-23-09 11:43 PM
    So you changed underwear 4 times in 4 weeks? lol.

All I can think of is sell your S2 on Craigslist, then use that and maybe a little more to buy the Droid out of contract for $450-$550
    12-23-09 11:52 PM
    Lol haha. Yeah I'd say sell the S2 on eBay and then buy the Droid. I doubt Verizon will let you switch again. There are a few people that are looking to trade their droid for an S2 in the marketplace on here so check that out too.
    12-23-09 11:57 PM
    I'll have to check out ebay and find out what these S2's are selling for. I went to the marketplace and tried to place a WTT but my post count is to low. I'll look at the posts tomorrow because we have a monster snow storm here in Minnesota so lot's of cancelled plans. Uggh!!
    12-24-09 12:12 AM
    Your lucky they let you change devices that many times usually its only one time ya can swap on the worry free guarantee

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    12-24-09 01:23 AM
    I'm pretty sure if you're still within 30 days you can cancel your verizon service still. Then, you can probably get away with going into a Corporate store and starting from scratch. Just be careful with the porting of numbers etc if that's important to you.

Otherwise sell the S2 on ebay and buy a Droid retail somewhere. I know you'll have a bit of out of pocket money to put out, but I wouldn't reccomend buying the Droid from Ebay or Craigslist. You want to be able to exchange and have a warranty.

Good luck
    12-24-09 07:19 AM
    If you're within the 30 days, you do have the option of canceling service, yes. And it's likely that you'll be charged a $35 restocking fee for the Storm 2.
    12-24-09 07:47 AM
    If you're within the 30 days, you do have the option of canceling service, yes. And it's likely that you'll be charged a $35 restocking fee for the Storm 2.
    if this is not the case and you are outside of your 30 day period i would call every few days and complain about the phone try to get a few warranty exchanges and see if they will let you switch devices.

i have not done this but i do know people that they allowed to switch devices after they had to replace it 2 or 3 times.
    12-24-09 07:55 AM
    Yeah thats probably about it. I wish you would have searched a lil harder.
    When I got rid of my Droid and got the net book went back to my S1.
    Man it sucked........ I could have saved u the heartache.
    I feel your pain......
    Sell your iphone and S2.......
    12-24-09 09:17 AM
    So its Verizon's problem because you can't make up your mind? You've returned 2 phones already that can't be sold out again, and now you want to return a 3rd phone for another Droid that you've already returned once....

Good thing Buyers remorse isn't covered in the contract...
    12-24-09 09:47 AM
    ^--Seriously
    12-24-09 10:16 AM
    Hi...my story sounds similar to yours. I went and got the Eris and kept it for two days then went and exchanged it for the S2 and hated the S2 and wanted the Eris back. Went to the store and they said they were only allowed to do one exchange so I called verizon and they let me do another exchange through them. I had to send it back to them through the mail. The only draw back is it can take forever for them to put it in the computer after receiving it in the warehouse (still going through this they owe me $350). Upside I have my Eris back and love it, Down side it is taking them forever to reimburse the money owed to me...

just my two cents good luck
    12-24-09 10:24 AM
    So its Verizon's problem because you can't make up your mind? You've returned 2 phones already that can't be sold out again, and now you want to return a 3rd phone for another Droid that you've already returned once....

Good thing Buyers remorse isn't covered in the contract...
    He's never blamed VZ, just asking what options he has. I actually admire his non-whining inquiry.
    12-24-09 10:32 AM
    He's never blamed VZ, just asking what options he has. I actually admire his non-whining inquiry.
    I agree.

10 char
    12-24-09 11:06 AM
    You got issues, you sound mental

Last edited by nate8u; 12-24-09 at 11:42 AM.
    12-24-09 11:39 AM
    Lol you got yourself in a tight spot, I argue with verizon about a long of things...are you under contract at the moment? I'm guessing you are.

Anyway, go to the store, and ask to speak to a manager...when they do tell them that you HATE the storm 2...has a lot of problems say...

and you are willing to go to ATT and get an iphone, and that you already spoke to them and ATT would be willing to pay for part of your cancellation fee with verizon's contract. Just make it seem as though you're willing to pay a few more charges just so you don't get stuck with a S2.

If that doesn't work go home, call verizon and speak to someone on the phone.

I have to pull some strings too in january to try and get the droid for cheaper, cause verizon screwed me big time last year so I'm gonna bring that up, and hopefully they do something to help. Your situation isn't bad, you can get the Droid
    12-24-09 12:59 PM
    I have one week old droid in Mint condition I can let you have for $400 (385 if you live in the Maryland area and I don't have to ship it. I only had it long enough to test it vs my Storm 2 (which I enjoy slightly more).
    12-24-09 01:31 PM
    They won't let you get one because in your 3 1/2 weeks you've already cost VZW ~$1600.
    Last edited by gettinthere; 12-24-09 at 03:32 PM.
    12-24-09 03:03 PM
    Well, I'm happy to report that I'm typing from my new droid. After talking with the manager at the store, he was very accomidating and let me return the Storm 2. My wife got the Erie and she's realty digging it. I guess if you don't ask you wont know.
    J

12-27-09 05:48 PM
    Glad to hear you had a happy ending.
    12-27-09 07:13 PM
    Well, I'm happy to report that I'm typing from my new droid. After talking with the manager at the store, he was very accomidating and let me return the Storm 2. My wife got the Erie and she's realty digging it. I guess if you don't ask you wont know.
    J
    Now go and return it. Seriously. 'Cause I'm really getting some inside vibes that there will be a new device in before February. But then, I just realized that this Droid you got does not re-start your 30 day period
    12-27-09 09:58 PM
    I'm surprised you were able to flip flop back and forth as many times as you were. I'd definitely not want to be stuck with that S2 though...
    12-28-09 02:25 PM
    I've been incredibly indecisive in my smartphone choice lately as well...

I've had a Tour, Storm 2, Droid, back to S2.

I did all my purchasing at Best Buy, and I gotta say, each and every time these guys have been awesome. No questions asked, set my device back up and I was out the door each time.
    12-29-09 12:08 PM
    I've been changing smartphone's like underwear the last couple weeks.

3 1/2 weeks ago I jumped from AT&T(iphone) to Verizon and grabbed the new Droid. This Verizon store I come to find out is an "independant" Verizon store and not a corporate store. Anyways, I didn't warm up to the Droid right away so returned it within my trial period, then I went to a corporate Verizon store and picked up a Samsung Omnia II. I hated the Omnia, so then Verizon let return that for a S2, but now I'm finding I'm missing my Droid and want to get it again and give back the S2, but because I'm over my return limit they will not let me get the Droid. I left the store not knowing what to do now...

I'm really bummed that I'm stuck with the S2. I'm not hating the S2, but I'm finding I like apps a lot more than I thought, thus wanting a phone with a much larger selection. Any idea's on how I can get a Droid, keep my number and not pay an arm and a leg? Do I call Verizon and beg?? I really want to stay with Verizon and would love a Droid again.

Thanks, Pat

Are you in NYC? Would be cool to check out the S2.
    01-08-10 09:37 PM
    OH NO, we gotta go buy the NEXUS ONE NOW!!! I did! LOL
    01-08-10 09:48 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD