I've been using my Unihertz Titan on and off for a few months. It's a fun diversion and is now my go-to keyboard phone. At first I was using the excellent Niagara Launcher with the Titan before switching to the more traditional Lawnchair 2. After running my Passport for a few days I decided to look for a more Passport-like setup for the Titan. I settled on Lawndesk which is based on Lawnchair 2.

Lawndesk allows you to setup a BB10 like drawerless and dockless launcher. That's not super unique but not every 3rd party launcher allows it. What is unique, at least as far as I could tell, is that Lawndesk allows widgets to run all the way to the edge of the screen. That lets you add the excellent Recent Notification app widget and use it as a sort of poor man's Hub. Recent Notification collects your notifications (you can filter out ones you don't want) and when you tap on the notification from its list you can either preview it or open the appropriate app. I have it set to launch the app.

In Lawndesk I set icon scaling to 125%, folders to 3x4, and used a few custom icons through the Pixel - icon pack to get the look I wanted. I also enabled the wide widgets. Oh, you can also use the capacitive keyboard to scroll left and right through hour launcher panels.

In the end I have left-to-right homescreen panels like the screenshots below:

My Unihertz Titan Setup-screenshot_20210412-133331-2.jpg

My Unihertz Titan Setup-screenshot_20210412-133452.jpg

My Unihertz Titan Setup-screenshot_20210412-133459-2.jpg

My Unihertz Titan Setup-screenshot_20210412-133516.jpg

My Unihertz Titan Setup-screenshot_20210412-133521.jpg

This is what the folders look like when opened:

My Unihertz Titan Setup-screenshot_20210412-142548.jpg

There are also gesture and button customizations in Lawndesk, as well. I've setup swipe up to do an app search, which looks like this:

My Unihertz Titan Setup-screenshot_20210412-133553.jpg

Lawndesk isn't perfect. I would like the ability to set a default home panel. Right now my "hub" panel is default since it's all the way left. It hasn't been updated since March 2020 but I'd say it's about 95% where I want it to be. All in all I'm very happy with the way this setup works on the Titan.

I'm curious to see how others have configured this phone to try and take advantage of its strengths and minimize its weaknesses.
    04-12-21 01:43 PM
    OK you seem a big time fan of google, what I would like to know can the Unihertz Titan be Degoogled and a new rom put on like Lineage, e/OS, Greaphene etc?
    04-12-21 02:14 PM
    OK you seem a big time fan of google, what I would like to know can the Unihertz Titan be Degoogled and a new rom put on like Lineage, e/OS, Greaphene etc?
    Have not checked this out thoroughly but you can check the Lineage mentions here: https://forum.xda-developers.com/t/l...ption.4071051/
    04-12-21 06:48 PM
    Have not checked this out thoroughly but you can check the Lineage mentions here: https://forum.xda-developers.com/t/l...ption.4071051/
    Thanks will check out
    04-13-21 05:27 AM
    Yes no issues, there are plenty of apps that will accomplish this even HUB when loaded will change over to a BlackBerry feel and look.
    04-13-21 07:53 AM
    I'm on a Key2 and have been pondering getting the Titan as an alternative and just a different toy. I'm only concern is with regards to the quality of the keyboard. What has you experience been with the keyboard? Does it have the same good feel as a quality BlackBerry keyboard?
    04-13-21 11:17 AM
    I'm on a Key2 and have been pondering getting the Titan as an alternative and just a different toy. I'm only concern is with regards to the quality of the keyboard. What has you experience been with the keyboard? Does it have the same good feel as a quality BlackBerry keyboard?
    It's definitely not a BlackBerry. I have and often use the KEY2, KEY2 LE, Classic, and Passport. All of those are better keyboards than the Titan. I briefly had a Priv and I would take the Titan's keyboard over it any day. So that should give you an idea of where it sits - at least for me.

The Titan keys seem to have gotten better and softer with use so that's a positive. And there's nothing cheap feeling about it. The keyboard is quality. In fact, physically the Titan feels well made overall.

My biggest complaint is the funky layout. For example, the alt button is on the right side but so are the numerals. So anytime you want to use the PKB for numbers you have to do some manipulation. You can do a software switch to put the alt key on the other side, which I tried recently, but I'd already trained myself to use it on the right and it was more of a hassle than a convenience. If I was a new user I'd start out that way.
    04-13-21 11:28 AM
    The keyboard is not as good as any Blackberry keyboard in my opinion... It is servicable and does wear in a bit... I would wait for the Titan Pocket if I were you... I am using a Key2 and have a Titan, the BlackBerry is a much more polished package...
    04-13-21 11:40 AM