LMAO....so kidding. I have only used it for 1 hour and I know I am not going back. Slideout keyboard whining was just that...I actually like the slideout keyboard. Yeah...camera focus issues, but that will be fixed. Video is amazing....Browsing is awesome. Google search, Nav etc...well you know the answer to that...amazing.

This is without even going to the apps store :-)

And...it is fast. I did mess around with the Storm 2 while I was getting things set up. Not to bad at all....just the same old OS..
    11-06-09 08:43 AM
    I was actually scared for a moment.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    11-06-09 08:46 AM
    yeah, thanks for nearly getting my hopes up
    11-06-09 08:48 AM
    Yeah, had me going for a moment there.

It's almost 5am here. What was the line situation there where you were at Verizon? did they have a lot of Demo units available for hands on in the store?
    11-06-09 08:50 AM
    Yeah, had me going for a moment there.

It's almost 5am here. What was the line situation there where you were at Verizon? did they have a lot of Demo units available for hands on in the store?
    Where are you, Hawaii?

Anyways, I am going to pick mine up at Best Buy in an hour. I am getting ready to head over to the Verizon store to pickup my car dock and desktop dock.

You had me going for a second with the "This thing sucks" title...but I am sure we will see a few of those. Some people just refuse to adapt.
    11-06-09 08:52 AM
    Texas. First one there (small town). I am loving this phone!!!!! I was worried about the speaker being on the back like it if for conference calls, but no worries at all. I turn the phone over and I come through crystal clear as do they...Vibrate it strong. Camera focus issues...yes, but we all know that.

I bought the media dock as well, but have not tried it yet....having to much fun learning this beast.

And...I was not joking about the keyboard. I actually like it, but I can see how many wont. That being said, it is not anything that one cant learn to use.
    11-06-09 08:56 AM
    Yeah, Hawaii.
    11-06-09 08:57 AM
    Damn, your title gave me anxiety as I am still stuck in line.

11-06-09 09:05 AM
    Sorry everyone. Also...I had read somewhere that email was hard to setup. Bull...if you can set up your email at home then you can do this one. Exactly the same. I just had to remember to put pop and smtp in front of the incoming and outgoing servers and it was up and running. Started downloading my emails immediately.

Oh yeah..it load my full html and images right away. Unlike another OS that was near to my heart.
    11-06-09 09:09 AM
    Someone mentioned yesterday that the paint looked like it was chipping off the bezel of a dummy unit. Is the bezel painted? How's the slider?

Last edited by the one and only M; 11-06-09 at 09:47 AM.
    11-06-09 09:15 AM
    Camera focus issues like what? Delay in taking the pictures or focus issues in the dark?
    11-06-09 09:35 AM
    LMAO....so kidding. I have only used it for 1 hour and I know I am not going back. Slideout keyboard whining was just that...I actually like the slideout keyboard. Yeah...camera focus issues, but that will be fixed. Video is amazing....Browsing is awesome. Google search, Nav etc...well you know the answer to that...amazing.

This is without even going to the apps store :-)

And...it is fast. I did mess around with the Storm 2 while I was getting things set up. Not to bad at all....just the same old OS..
    god this phone is so good. Typing on it is night and day to the storm 2> browser is prob 3x times faster. I am talking about the droid. And everytime you get a text or email its says droid.
    11-06-09 09:35 AM
    Camera focus issues like what? Delay in taking the pictures or focus issues in the dark?
    Almost identical to the storm 1 at launch it seems. It's got auto focus, so you click the on-screen button and than it focuses and takes a good 5 seconds before it snaps and it results in fuzzy images at times. It's software, I highly doubt it's hardware related, so I'm not too worried about it.
    11-06-09 09:37 AM
    god this phone is so good. Typing on it is night and day to the storm 2> browser is prob 3x times faster. I am talking about the droid. And everytime you get a text or email its says droid.
    3x as fast!? You truly believe that? I did do a test though, I was watching a video and they loaded their webpage. So I loaded the exact same one on my storm 1 and it took a good 10 seconds longer on the storm til it was finished.
    11-06-09 09:39 AM
    Oh darn, I was just really loving my Storm's camera speed on 5.0....

Well, Google/Motorola will fix it, I'm sure

Soon(?)
    11-06-09 09:39 AM
    1 yr of pain while I wait for my contract to end........then DROID
    11-06-09 09:40 AM
    Oh darn, I was just really loving my Storm's camera speed on 5.0....

Well, Google/Motorola will fix it, I'm sure

Soon(?)

I wouldn't know, my storms camera hasn't worked on my phone in 3 months, I wanna call it software related but it fails to open and I've heard that's a hardware issue.
    11-06-09 09:43 AM
    1 yr of pain while I wait for my contract to end........then DROID
    1 yr? from today? If your on Verizon they'll let you upgrade at 1 year, they basically give you the 1 year price. I think that's $370 or something. If you REALLY wanted it.

Nvm I see in your tag you have AT&T
    11-06-09 09:44 AM
    And everytime you get a text or email its says droid.
    That's cool, for about 15 minutes. I hope you can turn that off.
    11-06-09 09:45 AM
    3x as fast!? You truly believe that? I did do a test though, I was watching a video and they loaded their webpage. So I loaded the exact same one on my storm 1 and it took a good 10 seconds longer on the storm til it was finished.
    mine is quicker than the tour, and the storm. I dont know do you have full 3G. The phone is amzingly fast. You watched a video.
    11-06-09 10:35 AM
    yes, you can change the "droid" ringtone on the phone. So far, I am loving this phone, it is nice not to see the spining clock that was so common on my storm. The worst part for me right now is the length of the usb/power cable. The thing is maybe two feet long. You need to be close to an outlet to use. The good thing is that you can use the storm's power cable instead. Both power cables produce the same power output.
    11-06-09 11:14 AM
    bet you never heard of Saygus. Neither have we, that was until today when a FCC file about a new approved Android phone caught our eyes. It's the Saygus VPhone (V1).

this could be interesting...
    11-06-09 11:22 AM
    bet you never heard of Saygus. Neither have we, that was until today when a FCC file about a new approved Android phone caught our eyes. It's the Saygus VPhone (V1).

this could be interesting...

the saygus V looks like compelete $hit compared to the DROID or any phone for that matter...

it reminds me of the LG Voyager which is a POS. Heres a pic of it...

11-06-09 11:40 AM
    hated the voyager and still hate it...This looks cheaply made..
    11-06-09 02:33 PM
    How is the droid at pushing your e mail accounts other than g mail?

11-06-09 03:32 PM
52 123
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD