I don't know what on earth happened.... This happened after I allowed my husband to use my internet and play Alchemy on my phone (go figure), so it may very well have something to do with him. Anyway, my home page is Google.com. When I go to type in the google search bar, everything I type comes up as little "dots" instead of the letters I'm typing (e.g. as if I were entering a password), but then when I hit search, it reverts back to what I actually typed and does the search correctly. This doesn't happen anywhere else on my phone, no other websites, etc. when I type. Only the google homepage.

I tried fiddling with the security settings, but nothing worked, so I even reset everything in my browser to default. I also cleared the history/cache/etc. several times, did battery pulls, etc. and nothing worked. Any idea what's up with this or how to fix it? Do you think it's a problem with my phone or just google? Thank you so much!!!
    05-03-11 10:56 AM
    If all fails, a factory reset will definitely fix it.
    05-03-11 10:59 AM
    Try going to settings, applications, manage applications, internet and clearing the data.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    05-03-11 12:02 PM
    maybe he installed keylogger incorrectly?

j/k - try factory reset
    05-03-11 12:09 PM
    I also have the EVO 4G and I noticed the same thing happened with my Google homepage this morning. I also tried changing different settings--essentially I tried everything you did, but nothing worked. I am still unsure how to fix the problem.

05-03-11 01:54 PM
    To be honest carap theirs nothing wrong with your phone your husband didn't mess it up if you would have done research its a issue on the google side of android... what you gotta do is switch to classic view or even do a instant search on... those are the only 2 ways to resolve this issue I have it to. Hope it is helpfull

05-03-11 02:02 PM
    There is an issue with googles mobile version. Its doing it across all platforms at times. If you switch to classic view it should render your issue.
    05-03-11 02:06 PM
    Great news to hear its a Google issue. Weird my wife hasn't experienced it yet. And I have already for 2 days.

05-03-11 09:43 PM
    UPDATE:: everything is working all normal again on my goggle homepage.

05-04-11 10:03 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD