I love the BlackBerry OS 10 because u can easily manage ur files , the OS is young and yet well done with lots of improvements to come.

From my ? phone
    06-08-14 03:58 PM
    Opinion of one (father) is like the opinion of 1%. Besides, there are hundreds of millions of users of Android that are Fathers themselves
    06-08-14 04:51 PM
    Who needs Chromecast when you have hdmi and Miracast/DLNA?
    Chromecast blows those other options away for one simple reason. It isn't using your device to stream any content. Your phone is only used to tell the Chromecast what to play, once the content is playing, you can turn your phone off if you'd like and the content will continue to stream.

HDMI, Miracast and DLNA all use your device and battery to stream content. For that reason, Chromecast is flipping awesome and at only 30ish dollars, it is easily one of the very best additions I've made to my home theater system.
    06-08-14 05:17 PM
    He must have a really really old Android to be saying That

Or a generic non major branded phone specially since Android and Ios has alot more functions th�n bb10
    Like panaromic Camera to 3d photo editing video editing etc
    Not to mention chromecast and the ecosystem That bbry can only dream of

Posted via CrackBerry App
    His father is a wise man.

Posted via CB10
    06-08-14 05:20 PM

Or a generic non major branded phone specially since Android and Ios has alot more functions th�n bb10

OP's father has his own opinion, everyone has right to have own opinion. in my opinion Android is nothing more than Google's spyware.
    orinpc likes this.
    06-08-14 05:35 PM
    Remote apps like ms glass ?
    Bbry isnt a support�d platform So try again there is no app to control a ps4 or your tablet or any other console oh right You can sideload only If th� app works
    I can remote onto m'y pc too oh ya right its remote apps

But again where is your ecosystem lord If m'y ecosystem was limited to m'y pc i wouldbt be productive at all what about m'y nas or m'y console i guess i have to goto m'y console and use th� remote to play a vid�o for m'y kid or i can use a smart device like Android or ios and clicks change th� vid�o on netflix Yes It is possible look up ms glass what It can d'o compared to miracast

Dont limite your thinking
    There is more to ecosystem th�n a phone or pc You have tablets You have consoles You have other phones

Maybe you shouldn't limit your thinking.

http://forums.crackberry.com/android.../#post10415812

http://forums.crackberry.com/general.../#post10011325

Regardless, the OP just stated a father's observation of the Android UI vs. the BB10 UI and asked for others to share any similar experiences. Your rambling is off-topic and I'm not going to feed into it anymore.
    06-08-14 05:38 PM
    Chromecast blows those other options away for one simple reason. It isn't using your device to stream any content. Your phone is only used to tell the Chromecast what to play, once the content is playing, you can turn your phone off if you'd like and the content will continue to stream.

HDMI, Miracast and DLNA all use your device and battery to stream content. For that reason, Chromecast is flipping awesome and at only 30ish dollars, it is easily one of the very best additions I've made to my home theater system.
    We have the Play On feature, as described by sk8er_tor here:

"The advantage we have with BlackBerry 10 is we can use the Play On feature to transmit video and still use your phone to do other things while the video keeps playing on the TV. It doesn't interrupt the video. This works great for DLNA and HDMI outputs from my Q10"
    06-08-14 05:42 PM
    Maybe you shouldn't limit your thinking.

http://forums.crackberry.com/android.../#post10415812

Regardless, the OP just stated a father's observation of the Android UI vs. the BB10 UI and asked for others to share any similar experiences. Your rambling is off-topic and I'm not going to feed into it anymore.
    See If You read the stated links you would notice It is hit and miss

It is one of few Not one of millions
    We all stated our opinions what is your issue with That ?
    Alot of people stated their opinions and Not all supports his

He said user experience Not ui
    User eXperience goes beyond the ui
    He asked for our experiences with our phones We explained how to fix the issues he stated most of which is the same steps as bb10
    Not everyones experiences will be the same Nor are their opinions
    Last edited by Phi Nguyen; 06-08-14 at 05:56 PM.
    06-08-14 05:44 PM
    I would guess what the OP's dad really meant was that, despite the fact that Android has all the possible features, all the possible apps, all the possible settings,.. it just feels like there is a lack of a unified idea to the integration and overall design of the OS.

Don't get me wrong, it's as powerful as it can be, but it's progressive modularity just gives it a feeling that the design process goes something like... people sitting around a table, and then one goes "you know what would be cool to add?! a humidity sensor!!" -- "yeah sweet, let's put one in!" Then some other person goes, "oh, oh... let's also simultaneous front and back camera capture!"--- "sweet".... and another one "ohhh.. what it really needs is touch less scrolling!"... "nice, put that in too!"

And then they just add the parts, and features, and... out the door. Without really thinking of a unifying design story, that turns all those fancy things from rarely-used gimmicks to frequently used practical features ... Something which generally Apple excels at, and which BlackBerry did pretty good at with BB10.

It's the difference between say, progressively throwing in a bunch of after market parts into a Honda civic, maybe dropping in a massive new engine. Even if it is really fast (lol),.. it just will never exude the same design maturity as a BMW M5.

As an older adult, your dad probably sees more value in that type of "overall thinking and design", than "but does it have the latest automatic cat face recognition feature!!???"

Posted via CB10
    Very well said!

Posted via CB10
    06-08-14 05:45 PM
    We have the Play On feature, as described by sk8er_tor here:

"The advantage we have with BlackBerry 10 is we can use the Play On feature to transmit video and still use your phone to do other things while the video keeps playing on the TV. It doesn't interrupt the video. This works great for DLNA and HDMI outputs from my Q10"
    I know what PlayOn is. I use BB10 as well. But I'm not sure why you mention it. PlayOn still uses your device and your battery to stream the content. That's not as good as Chromecast which only uses your device and battery when you're actually sending commands to the Chromecast.

Try this. Watch a full season of your favorite show using PlayOn without plugging in your phone. How long do you think your battery would last? Do the same with Chromecast and your battery could last months without dying. Just send the command and turn the phone off. There's practically no battery drain at all to watch a full season of your favorite show with Chromecast.
    06-08-14 05:54 PM
    I think how the OP's father described Android is dead accurate. That's not to say it isn't a good OS but when I owned a GS3 I always felt there was something about it that needed a finishing touch or to be polished. ' A college school kids project ' is a brilliant analogy.... to me. You can assume that college kid is pretty darn smart but he missed a few design classes.

Posted via CB10
    06-08-14 05:54 PM
    10.3 doesn't count because it hasn't been released yet. However, all of the extras don't count. Out of the box with the latest OS released, after setup, not much else is needed to function day to day. Almost everyone has tried iOS and Android phones. Not many have given BB10 an honest unbiased try. I'm a gadget freak. I chose BB1O for security and control. Android has the control but lacks the security I want. iOS lacks the control ("F" a iCloud). I have lots of space and I can switch SD cards if I run short.

BlackBerry is for everyone. It's for me.

Z10 (STL 100-3) Superphone with vitamin 10.2.1.2179
    06-08-14 06:21 PM

Troll.
    06-08-14 06:22 PM
    OK, kids. This party is over.
    06-08-14 06:42 PM
64 123